Smart Scales: Introduction
- Smart scales are a technologically advanced system used for fitness and health tracking. It helps to monitor multiple biometric measurements including water percentage, bone density, and body fat percentage.
- Major players across the globe are introducing smart scales with unique materials and advanced technology that help users measure weight and other body composition metrics such as body fat, body water, and body mass index (BMI) in an app or online service that automatically helps to record the data. This is likely to drive the demand for smart scales in the coming years.
Rising Usage of Smart Scales
- Increasing awareness about the usage of technologically advanced scales among people is influencing end-users to opt for smart scales. Rising dependency of end-users across the globe on smart technology for regular tracking of their health and body weight is likely to drive demand for smart scales. In addition, increasing health concerns among consumers along with end-users switching to healthy habits of tracking their body composition metrics is expected to lead to the growth of the smart scales market in the coming years.
Presence of Alternative Solutions: A Key Restraint
- Easy availability of several alternative solutions at competitive prices across the globe is likely be a major barrier to the growth of the smart scales market. Users still find it difficult to sync different fitness devices. Increasing connectivity issues in smart scales may hamper the purchasing of smart scales. However, penetration of innovative products by key players in the market with multifunctional benefits is expected to create opportunities in the smart scales market. Advancement in technology and continuous improvement of products is expected to drive the smart scales market over the forecast period.
Europe a Potential Market for Smart Scales
- The global smart scales market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the smart scales market in Europe includes the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, the market in Asia Pacific comprises India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The smart scales market in South America has been segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- Europe is expected to remain a potential market for smart scales during the forecast period, owing to rising preference for smart technology in the past few years in the region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Smart Scales Market
The global smart scales market is fragmented in nature, due to presence of a large number of global and regional players. A few of the key players operating in the global smart scales market are listed below:
- AWM Limited
- Bonso Electronics International Inc.
- Fitbit Inc.
- Groupe SEB
- Johnson Measures and Weights Ltd.
- Leifheit AG
- Omron Healthcare Co. Ltd.
- Salter Housewares Ltd.
- Tanita Corporation
- Taylor Precision Products Inc.
- Zhongshan Camry Electronic Co. Ltd.
Global Smart Scales Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Scales Market, by Type
- Stainless Steel/Metallic
Global Smart Scales Market, by Connectivity
- Android and iOS app
Global Smart Scales Market, by Price
Global Smart Scales Market, by Application
- Body Weight Management
- Objects Weighing
- Others (Clinics, Gyms, etc.)
Global Smart Scales Market, by Distribution Channel
- Specialty Stores
- Direct Sales
- Others (Departmental Stores, Individual Stores, etc.)
The report on the global smart scales market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by market analysts, and inputs from market experts and market participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness of each segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on regional and other segments of the market.
Regional Analysis of the Global Smart Scales Market:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)