Smart Garbage Monitoring System Market - Introduction
A smart garbage monitoring system is a highly advanced system that helps to keep towns clean. This system can easily monitor the waste and notify the weight and level of waste collected in the waste containers through a web page. Additionally, a smart garbage monitoring system indicates the toxic gas formation status inside the waste container.
Smart garbage monitoring systems use ultrasonic sensors to detect the waste level and also compare it with the level of the waste container’s depth. The system mainly makes use of the global system for mobile communication (GSM) modem, organic light emitting diode (OLED) screen, advanced virtual reduced (AVR) instruction set microcontroller for transfer data, and a signal. The system is extensively utilized in residential, commercial, and industrial applications, apart from colleges and universities.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Smart Garbage Monitoring Systems Market- Competitive Landscape
- In June 2018, Enevo a key provider of waste management solutions raised funding of US$15.8 million for waste management solutions. The main objective of this funding is to expand the company’s waste management solutions worldwide to capture more customers and market share.
- In May 2016, OnePlus Systems Inc. completely acquired SmartBin, a key provider of IoT based remote monitoring systems for the waste & recycling industry. This acquisition would help the company to enhance its product portfolio to capture more market share worldwide.
OnePlus Systems Inc.
Founded in 1989 and based in United States, OnePlus Systems Inc. is one of the key manufacturers of container fullness and control systems across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East. The company provides IoT based monitoring and security solutions for manufacturers, retailers, hospitals, and waste management industry.
Ecube Labs Co.,
Founded in 2011 and located in South Korea, Ecube Labs Co., is specialized in IoT based waste management and logistics solutions and provides the solutions across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The company provides ultrasonic fill-level sensors, predictive analysis platform, fleet management solutions, data analytic cloud platform, and solar-powered waste compacting bins.
Founded in 1945 with headquarters in Germany. Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH is a pioneer in electrical explosion protection and sensor technology worldwide. The company provides wide-ranging industrial sensors that includes ultrasonic sensors, proximity and photoelectric sensors, rotary encoders, inclination & acceleration sensors, identification systems, positioning systems, and logic control units and accessories.
Founded in 2010 and based in Finland. Enevo is a key provider of waste management solutions that includes a revolutionary sensor, dynamic analytics platform, and customer service across residential, municipalities, restaurants, commercial real estate, and retail. The company offers its services across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
IoTracX Pvt. Ltd.
Founded in 2016 and located in Karnataka, India. IoTracX Pvt. Ltd. provides IoT based hardware & software solutions for smart cities, inventory management, and agriculture. It is actively engaged in various emerging technologies that includes blockchain, AI, and IoT to provide efficient solutions to customers worldwide.
Some of the other prominent players in the smart garbage monitoring systems market are IBM Corporation, Covanta Holding Corporation, Evoeco, Ltd., Waviot, and Waste Link, Corp.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Smart Garbage Monitoring Systems Market Dynamics
Rapid adoption of IoT based monitoring solutions driving the smart garbage monitoring systems market
IoT based monitoring solutions offer significant advantages in the overall implementation of smart garbage monitoring systems. It comprises retrofitting garbage bins with connected sensors, which can easily detect the weight and level of the garbage and convey this information to a server installed in the city’s Data Center through a cellular network. Municipal corporations especially outsource their waste management work to independent contractors, so they can use IoT technologies to monitor any type of waste in the city. IoT based sensors can also monitor the level of alternate fuel generated from the processed waste. Therefore, rapid adoption of IoT based monitoring solutions is positively impacting the smart garbage monitoring systems market worldwide.
Low awareness in developing or under-developed countries restraining the market growth
Currently, many developing and under-developed countries are unaware about smart garbage monitoring solutions. These countries still do not know the advantages of such advanced monitoring solutions, resulting in low levels of operational efficiency and technology infrastructure. However, increasing number of initiatives by many organizations is expected to overcome this challenge and create an appropriate environment to adopt novel technologies.
Smart Garbage Monitoring Systems Market Segmentation
Based on component, the smart garbage monitoring systems market is segmented into
Based on cellular connectivity, the smart garbage monitoring systems market is segmented into
Based on applications, the smart garbage monitoring systems market is segmented into
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.