A smart earbud is a technically advanced in-ear electronic device which is designed for various purposes including wireless communication, music listening, fitness tracking, medical monitoring and more. Smart earbuds are light in weight, durable and have a longer battery life. A smart earbud provides a good quality sound in a light and convenient form factor. A smart earbud can not only help boost hearing and nullify disturbing noise, but also helps in making phone calls and listening to high quality music hands-free. Furthermore, smart earbuds are equipped with noise cancellation technology, which bring about sound that can balance background noise, such as distracting blather in crowded places. In addition, microphones present in each smart earbud captures incoming audio and letting in sounds that people want to hear. With the help of a smart earbud people can augment the hearing in a noisy social environment. Furthermore, smart earbud can help users control precisely what they want to hear in the world around them. Moreover, a smart earbud comes with an application that can save various hearing settings, which is personalized for specific environments. For instance, people may want to hear as much of their surroundings as they can while riding a car or a bicycle, but quash background noise while in a hotel or in a cafe. A smart earbud gets connected to a smartphone with the help of a Bluetooth technology. Smart earbuds can act as a wireless earpieces, so users can listen to music, podcasts or audio-books in a stereo and engage with various voice-enabled applications. With the help of a smart earbud, users can answer the phone calls and starts or stops audio with a simple tap on an earbud.
The major factors strengthening the smart earbuds market growth is the fitness tracking capability of these devices. Moreover, the consumers are getting inclined towards the smart earbud to boost up listening experience along with the other features including noise filtering and cancelling. Due to advanced features of a smart earbud that enables the user to track heart rate, measured covered distance and calculate the number of calories burned during a workout, the market is witnessing an increasing demand for the biometric sports tracking smart earbud. Various prominent companies are launching their smart earbud with innovative features to attract the consumers. For instance, LG electronics launched its first smart earbud named the heart rate earbud, which measures the heart rate, speed, steps and calories and provide audio feedback of the workout. A smart earbud can track oxygen rate, energy spent and oxygen saturation along with the speed, distance, time, cadence, heart rate and location in real time.
Factors that can retrain the growth of a smart earbuds market is the inability of a smart earbud to capture data as often as one can with other forms of fitness tracker devices such as smart wristbands. Moreover, smart earbud comes with a high cost as compare to conventional earbuds. A smart wristband benefits from their ability to be always on, in that they can collect biometric data while sleeping, running and swimming. However, wearing earbuds is not always viable in these situations.
Increasing innovations with respect to smart earbud technology by various prominent companies are expected to create novel opportunities for a smart earbuds market. For instance, Apple incorporation is working on a patent named a smart monitoring system, which is going to be popular among active users of hearing technology. They are likely going to make a big push into monitoring and measuring biometrics via earbuds. Furthermore, filled in early 2014, Samsung’s hybrid hearing devices patent technology could allow users to use their Samsung device as a controller for amplifying sounds via air conduction or bone conduction. Wearhaus Audio Technologies also come up with a smart earbud with total 5 million color customization and other features including precision-tuned sound and patented wireless audio sharing technology
A smart earbuds market can be segmented on the basis of smart earbud type and region. By type, a smart earbuds market can be segmented as wired & wireless smart earbud. Geographically, a smart earbuds market is segmented into North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia-pacific and South America. North America & Europe are expected to lead the smart earbuds market due to increasing research & development activities with respect to smart eabud by prominent companies such as Apple Incorporation, Doppler Labs Incorporation and more. However, due to the increasing consumer demand for the fitness tracking hearable, Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at a significant rate in the coming years.
Some of the Key players in a smart earbuds market are Bragi, Doppler Labs Inc., Wearhaus Audio Technologies, Sony Mobile Communications In.,Jabra, SAMSUNG, LG Electronics, Motorola Mobility LLC, Nuheara, LifeBEAM Inc.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.