Smart Clothing Market – Introduction
- Smart clothes are clothing that monitor the wearer's physical condition. Smart clothes are also known as high tech clothes, smart wear, electronic textiles, or smart fabrics. They provide biometric data such as temperature, pulse rate, muscle stretch, and heart rhythm. The increasing adoption of smart clothes in sports and healthcare industries is helping in the growth of the smart clothing market globally.
Key Drivers of the Smart Clothing Market
- Smart clothing helps users to effectively manage their health and wellness. It monitors the physical state and tracks the training progress of the user. It also provides users with the data to foresee changes in health and avoid injuries. Further, it helps to enhance the workout efficiency and improve performance of the user. These factors drive the demand for smart clothing in the market.
- Growing awareness about physical fitness with the increasing demand for smart shirts, smart socks, smart work clothes, smart sleepwear etc. is helping in the growth of the smart clothing market. Further, the increasing adoption of smart clothes in sports and healthcare industries is increasing the demand for smart clothing worldwide.
Factors Restraining the Smart Clothing Market
- The lack of customer awareness about smart clothing and the high cost of the product is a major factor restraining the demand for smart clothing. Additionally, technological complications associated with smart clothes is a challenge for the growth of the smart clothing market. Demand for smart clothes also declined in 2020 due to the lockdown and other government imposed restrictions because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
North America to Hold Leading Share of the Global Smart Clothing Market
- In terms of geography, the global smart clothing market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Country and sub-region level analysis of North America features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the smart clothing market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the market analysis and forecast of GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The smart clothing market in South America is segmented into Brazil and Rest of South America.
- North America dominated the global smart clothing market in 2020, due to rising awareness about health and increasing demand for smart clothes in the region. Sophisticated lifestyle of people has been driving the smart clothing market in North America, particularly in the US and Canada.
- The smart clothing market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace, followed by Asia Pacific and Europe during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Smart Clothing Market
The global smart clothing market is highly competitive, owing to the presence of several global and regional players. Major players are adopting various strategies such as regional expansion and product portfolio expansion to consolidate their position in the market. A few key players operating in the global smart clothing market are:
- Carre Technologies Inc.
- Sensoria Inc.
- Tex-Ray Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Wearable X
- Toray Industries, Inc.
- Schoeller Textiles AG
- AiQ Smart Clothing
- Kolon Industries Inc.
Global Smart Clothing Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Clothing Market, by Product
- Upper wear
- Lower wear
- Others (socks, etc.)
Global Smart Clothing Market, by End-user
Global Smart Clothing Market, by Price
Global Cotton Terry Blanket Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Specialty Stores
Global Smart Clothing Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.