Smart Badge: Introduction
- A smart badge is a portable multi-mode tracker in ID card format with embedded sensors combining GPS, Wi-Fi sniffer, low-power GPS, BLE, and LoRaWAN TDoA geolocation technologies that provide accurate and continuous geolocation
- Smart badge is an ideal device for tracking, zone notification, and monitoring of workforce safety and security
- It is small, lightweight, and easy to use and enabled with a single button that gives access to multiple functionalities which can be personalized as per customer need
- Smart badge is bifurcated into two types: smart badge with display and smart badge without display
- Based on communication, smart badges are differentiated as contact badge and contactless badge. The chip is not visible in contactless badges, instead, the chip is in the antenna and inserted within the body of the badge.
- Smart badges are used in various applications. These include government & healthcare, corporate, event and entertainment, and retail and hospitality.
Rising Demand for Smart Badges for Use in Government & Healthcare Applications
- Smart badges are largely used in government and healthcare applications, as it helps in enhancing the security and privacy of patients, provides secure access to emergency medical information, and reduces healthcare fraud
- A smart badge also features a panic button to discreetly signal an emergency, along with the badges’ location, which helps to track the individual easily in hospitals
- Smart badges are frequently used by government agencies to comply with government regulations as well as to authenticate the identity of a person, and physically admit the cardholder to a facility
- Smart badges leverage the latest IoT technology and machine learning to enhance security and unlock new range of functionalities
- Furthermore, a smart badge provides data about who is accessing what, where, and when, without risk of security breach from negligence, oversight, or abuse
- Demand for smart badges for government and healthcare applications is growing as a result of these factors, which is expected to drive the global smart badge market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead the Smart Badge Market
- In terms of region, the global smart badge market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is anticipated to dominate the global smart badge market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of smart badges operate in the region
- Additionally, many well-established players based in North America are focusing on development of new technology in smart badges which is expected to boost the smart badge market in the region during the forecast period
- The smart badge market in Europe and Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Smart Badge Market
The global smart badge market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for smart badges. Moreover, manufacturers are signing partnerships for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global smart badge market are listed below:
- Brady Worldwide, Inc.
- CardLogix Corporation
- Giesecke+Devrient GmbH
- Global Net Solutions Inc.
- HID Global Corporation (ASSA ABLOY AB)
- Identiv Inc.
- SR Media
- Vocera Communications
- Watchdata Co., Ltd.
- Zebra Technologies Corp.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Smart Badge Market, Request for a Sample
Global Smart Badge Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Badge Market, by Type
- Smart Badge with Display
- Smart Badge without Display
Global Smart Badge Market, by Communication
- Contact Badges
- Contactless Badges
Global Smart Badge Market, by Application
- Government & Healthcare
- Event and Entertainment
- Retail and Hospitality
Global Smart Badge Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.