Small Cell 5G Network Market
Small Cell 5G Network Market (Component: Type and Services [Professional and Managed], Deployment: Indoor and Outdoor; and End User: Telecom Operators, Enterprise, and Government/Public Administration) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
5G Network Providers under Scrutiny for Spreading Coronavirus
Various facts and rumors are being argued whether the fifth-generation (5G) cellular network is suppressing people’s immune systems amidst the COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis. As such, the World Health Organization (WHO) has not made any strong claims regarding the rumor. Many fact-checking organizations claim the lack of evidence, which may show how cellular networks are the driving force behind the spread of the coronavirus. Full Fact— a British independent fact-checking charity claims that it is totally unfounded whether 5G impacts the immune systems of people.
It has been found that electromagnetic spectrum of the 5G network, which involves radio waves are potentially non-ionizing and do not damage the DNA inside cells, whereas X-rays and gamma rays have the potential to do so. On the other hand, companies in the small cell 5G network market have been working tirelessly to manage the growing traffic in telecom sectors amidst the pandemic. These factors are likely to drive the small cell 5G network market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Small Cell 5G Network Market
Proliferation of IoT in U.S. Telecoms to Boost Market Growth
Major telecom operators in the U.S. are set to make heavy usage of small cell technology to roll out 5G coverage throughout the country. This is predicted to create business opportunities for companies in the U.S. small cell 5G network market. The global market is expected to reach US$ 5 Bn by 2030. This explains an estimated rapid CAGR of ~39% for the market during the forecast period. Thus, 5G rollout promising ultra-high speeds on several million devices is increasingly becoming the benchmark for companies in the U.S. small cell 5G network market.
The proliferation of IoT (Internet of Things) in the machine communication infrastructure is one of the key market drivers. Millions of connected devices and smart sensors are expanding the massive IoT infrastructure in telecommunication sectors. As such, telecom operators are rethinking and updating their antiquated IoT strategies.
Companies Focus on Growing Data Capacities in Urban and Rural Areas
Companies in the small cell 5G network market are vying business expansion opportunities in the U.S., owing to the rapid growth in the number of small cells. Likewise, even mobile operators are predicted to adjust data capacity in areas with high traffic congestion. Small cells are being highly publicized to improve both coverage and capacity of networks. Large and high-power macro-tower cellular radio sites are being built in urban areas. However, this has been raising the issue of lagging deployment in rural telecom sectors. Thus, while focusing in strengthening rural development, companies in the small cell 5G network market are focusing on growing data capacities of networks in both urban and rural areas.
Mobile data demand and capacity continue to grow at an exponential rate. This demand for data has triggered the need to increase network capacities for the 5G era.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
High Frequency Bandwidth Supports Delivery of Increased Capacity in Government Administration
The small cell 5G network is increasingly replacing in-building mobile broadband coverage from outdoor macro base-stations. Small cells are now being widely deployed in both indoors and outdoors to meet increasing data capacity demands in hotspot areas. 5G is bolstering the trend of enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB) in the industrial automation sector. This sector has catalyzed the demand for highly reliable 5G services in both indoor and outdoor environments. Companies in the small cell 5G network market are increasing the availability of new frequency bands to support the incoming traffic. Governments are allocating 24-28 and -39 GHz bands in the millimeter-wave (mmWave) spectrum to support incoming traffic in government and public administration sectors.
High-frequency radio waves do not have the advantage of low frequency coverage but have the advantage of high bandwidth that supports the delivery of increased capacity in the small cell 5G network market.
Small Cell Densification Deploys Interruption-free Experience for Rising Data Usage
The exponential growth of the small cell 5G network market can be attributed to LTE (Long Term Evolution)-A Pro deployment in tiny base stations. Mobile network operators (MNOs) are vying opportunities to support high levels of data usage and rising consumer expectations for an interruption-free experience. Thus, small cell densification holds promising potentials in keeping cost of ownership at minimum and at a manageable level. Several million small cell deployments and upgrades in urban areas are creating revenue opportunities for companies in the small cell 5G network market.
Chinese companies are increasingly focusing on small cell densification. The rapidly growing enterprise end-use cases such as shipping ports, manufacturing, automation, and IoT are creating incremental opportunities for 5G service providers.
Currently, the densification of small cells is gradually picking pace in North America as compared to China.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Small Cell 5G Network Market
Network Operators Work with City Officials to Minimize Small Cell Deployment Costs
The small cell 5G network is facilitating a scalable deployment of the low-skilled workforce. However, the deployment of small cells can be time-consuming and a cost-intensive procedure, since it involves the identification of millions of necessary locations. Hence, companies in the small cell 5G network market educating network operators to work with city officials and other stakeholders to overcome challenges of small cell deployment. There is a growing need for reforms that cater to city permitting in order to balance agility and oversight.
Network operators are raising the need to establish nationwide small cell information exchange networks. It has been found that rolling out small cells in the U.S. is more likely to be costly and time-consuming as compared any other country in the world. Hence, companies in the U.S. small cell 5G network market are working closely with city officials to keep up with global competitors in China and South Korea.
Testing and R&D initiatives have taken a backseat amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. However, companies in the small cell 5G network market continue to carry out their business activities, as electronics companies gear up to meet increasing demand for 5G device supplies. Massive IoT infrastructures are overcoming the limitations of traditional mobile networks. However, small cell deployment in the U.S. is much more time-consuming and cost-intensive as compared to that in China and South Korea. Hence, the U.S. network providers must work closely with city officials to minimize small cell deployment costs and establish nationwide small cell information exchange networks, which help to expedite the processes.
Small Cell 5G Network Market: Overview
- The global small cell 5G network market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~37% during the forecast period, primarily driven by increase in investments for 5G and rise in demand for small cell solutions for machine-to-machine (M2M) communications and Internet of Things (IoT)
- The small cell 5G network market is expected to be valued at ~US$ 221 Mn in 2020 and reach US$ 5 Bn by 2030
- In terms of component, the femtocell segment is anticipated to account for a notable share as compared to other components of the small cell 5G network market
- In terms of end user, telecom operators is set to dominate the small cell 5G network market during the forecast period, whereas the enterprise segment is likely to be the fastest growing segment during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific remains a prominent market for small cell 5G network globally, and the market in the region is expected to be valued at US$ 87.71 Mn by the end of 2020
Small Cell 5G Network Market Definition
- The small cell 5G network market report provides analysis of the market for the period of 2018 – 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year, 2020 is the estimated year and 2020 to 2030 is the forecast period. Data for 2018 has been included as historical information.
- In this report, we analyze the growth drivers that enhance the value of the small cell 5G network market and various opportunities prevailing in the market
- Providers of small cell 5G network are focused on developing innovative solutions to serve specific requirements of end users, which is projected to drive the market in the upcoming years
Asia Pacific Small Cell 5G Network Market: Snapshot
- Key countries that significantly contribute to the growth of the small cell 5G network market in Asia Pacific are South Korea, China, Australia, and others. South Korea witnesses increasing government support for the adoption of 5G-based small cells, thus driving the small cell 5G network market in the region.
Key Drivers of Small Cell 5G Network Market
- Increase in investments for 5G: During this technological era, next-generation wireless networking is gaining significance across all industries worldwide to meet the challenges of the future. High bandwidth, low latencies, and fast networking data rates are the key requirements across industries in order to improve business operations. 5G networking supports these requirements tremendously. Research, planning, and investments are key strategies emphasized by governments and major vendors across regions for embracing these networks. Governments across major countries such as the U.S., Japan, Germany, China, and India are introducing 5G spectrum for efficient networking solutions. Meanwhile, private LTE networks are already active among enterprises across the U.S. and Japan. Thus, the impact of this driver is high in the current scenario across both developed and developing countries, and is expected to drive the growth of the small cell 5G network market worldwide.
Increasing demand for small cell solutions for Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communications and Internet of Things (IoT):
Study of technological developments in recent years across commercial and industrial sectors such as manufacturing, oil & gas, transportation, logistics, and mining highlights that these sectors are looking to invest more on process optimization through automation, and leveraging smart capabilities of the technologies involved. These sectors are focused on adopting digital solutions, Internet of Things, and smart system technologies. A robust wireless network is the key solution to be incorporated and integrated with existing systems to achieve required efficiency, as the growing population of smart connected devices utilizing next generation wireless technologies would drive the need for data intensive but secure networks.
Key Restraints of Small Cell 5G Network Market
- Poor backhaul connectivity and data management: Telecom operators are currently focusing on the deployment of small cells to balance their macro-cellular networks and enhance their network coverage and capacity. Operators are still facing some issues regarding traffic backhauling from small cells in order to deploy small cells with the help of wireless networking technologies.
- Poor backhaul connectivity and data management is expected to hamper the growth of the small cell 5G network market. Backhaul connectivity is generally utilized in telecom services and also for transmitting a signal from one remote location or a network to another location. Therefore, poor backhaul connectivity and data management are major restraints of the small cell 5G network market.
Small Cell 5G Network Market: Competition Landscape
- In February 2020, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. introduced 5G-based equipment (small cells, MIMO equipment, baseband devices, etc.). This initiative would help the company to enhance its customer base worldwide.
- In February 2020, Verizon Communications, Inc. launched its 5G networking-based small cells to enhance network efficiency to end users
Small Cell 5G Network Market: Company Profile Snapshot
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.: Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is a prominent global company that provides end-to-end ICT solutions in telecom and enterprise networks, cloud technology, and services. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. also offers switches, routers, small cell, WLAN, and storage solutions.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson: Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson is a communications company that delivers ICT solutions. The company has presence in over 180 countries and provides complete industry solutions, including mobile broadband, cloud services, optimization, and network design. The company offers services, software, and infrastructure in information and communications technology for telecommunication operators, networking equipment, small cells, and mobile and fixed broadband.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.: Samsung is a leading global company that manufactures and sells home appliances, consumer electronics, telecommunications equipment, semiconductors, apparel, chemicals, medical equipment, solid state drives, and DRAM. The company also provides services in diverse areas, including information and communications technology, financial services, medical and healthcare services, advertising, construction, entertainment, and hospitality.
- Verizon Communications, Inc.: Verizon Communications, Inc. was formed after the merger of Bell Atlantic Corp. and GTE Corp. It is a global company that provides integrated solutions for businesses. It also offers innovative communication and technology solutions. The company is present in 150 locations across the globe. Verizon Communications, Inc. specializes in offering communications, entertainment, and information products and services to businesses, consumers, and agencies.
Small Cell 5G Network Market Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global small cell 5G network market to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the small cell 5G network market to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the small cell 5G network market will progress during the forecast period 2020-2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the small cell 5G network market that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the small cell 5G network market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the small cell 5G network market, and estimates statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the small cell 5G network market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the small cell 5G network market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Small Cell 5G Network Market
The report provides detailed information about the small cell 5G network market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the small cell 5G network industry, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of the advantages of small cell 5G network?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the small cell 5G network market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the small cell 5G network market?
- Which will be the fastest growing end user segment?
Research Methodology – Small Cell 5G Network Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to combine the small cell 5G network’s market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the small cell 5G network market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the small cell 5G network market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the small cell 5G network market.
Small Cell 5G Network Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the small cell 5G network market on the basis of component, deployment, end user, and region. The report presents the extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they are influencing the growth prospects of the small cell 5G network market.