Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market: Overview
- Sludge is by-product that is produced primarily from the treatment of wastewater in industries. It contains organic matters, pathogens, chemicals, and microorganisms. It also contains other harmful agents, such as heavy metals, which adversely affect environment and cause severe health issues when directly exposed.
- Sludge requires further treatment to reduce its volume and render it safe for disposal
- Sludge treatment chemicals are primarily employed to purify water before it can be released into the atmosphere. The treatment essentially aims to reduce the volume of water and pathogen content in order to facilitate the safe disposal and possible usage of sludge as fertilizer.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market
- Rise in industrialization in developing countries has been increasing the production of sludge. This, in turn, has been boosting the demand for sludge treatment chemicals for sludge treatment processes, thereby propelling the demand for sludge treatment chemicals.
- Increase in usage of treated sludge in agricultural processes as fertilizer is also driving the demand for sludge treatment chemicals. This is projected to augment the sludge treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
- Rising environmental concerns, stringent environmental policies for waste water treatment by governments across globe are increasing need of sludge treatment processes which in turn projected to drive global sludge treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
Coagulants Segment to Account for Major Market Share
- Coagulants and flocculants segments held major share of the market in 2018. Of these, the coagulants segment accounted for more than 50% share of the global sludge treatment chemicals market in 2018. The segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period.
- Coagulants are used for solid removal, lime softening, water clarification, solid dewatering, and sludge thickening
- Cost effectiveness associated with coagulants vis-à-vis other chemicals is boosting the demand for coagulants in sludge treatment processes. This is estimated to drive the global sludge treatment market during the forecast period.
Food & Beverages Segment to Dominate Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market
- In terms of end-use industry, the food & beverages segment constituted major share of the global sludge treatment chemicals market in 2018. Sludge produced from food & beverages contains high level of BOD (Biochemical Oxygen Demand) & COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand). Sludge treatment chemicals are used in large quantities to treat wastewater, which has high BOD and COD. BOD and COD are the amount of oxygen used by microorganisms in the biological process of metabolizing organic matter in water. Greater the BOD, lower the amount of dissolved oxygen available.
- The personal care & chemicals segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace due to the increase in demand for sludge treatment in the segments owing to the stringent government regulations on disposal of wastewater
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market here
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market
- Geographically, the global sludge treatment chemicals market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for key share of the global sludge treatment chemicals market in 2018. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Presence of leading global manufacturers of sludge treatment chemicals in North America, stringent government regulations enacted by governments in the region, and rise in awareness about disposal of sludge are estimated to drive the sludge treatment chemicals market in the region during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate global sludge treatment chemicals market in terms of growth rate. Expansion of the market in Asia Pacific can be ascribed to the increase in industrialization in countries such as India and China. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for sludge treatment chemicals for sludge treatment.
- China is expected to witness highest growth rate for the sludge treatment chemicals market in Asia Pacific region owing to the increase in demand of sludge treatment chemicals from various end-use industries such as oil & gas, food & beverages, and personal care & chemicals
- After China, demand for sludge treatment chemicals is anticipated to rise in other countries in Asia such as India, Japan, and ASEAN due to the increase in numbers of sludge treatment chemical manufacturers in Asia who are developing strong base of sludge treatment chemicals.
Key Players in Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market
Prominent players operating in the sludge treatment chemicals market include:
- BASF SE
- Aries Chemical, Inc.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- General Electric
- AMCON INC.
- CHEM. ENGI. s.r.o.
- Beckart Environmental, Inc.
- Condorchem Envitech
Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market: Research Scope
Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market, by Type
Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Metal Processing
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Chemicals
- Pulp & Paper
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.