Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market: Overview
- Sludge is by-product that is produced primarily from the treatment of wastewater in industries. It contains organic matters, pathogens, chemicals, and microorganisms. It also contains other harmful agents, such as heavy metals, which adversely affect environment and cause severe health issues when directly exposed.
- Sludge requires further treatment to reduce its volume and render it safe for disposal
- Sludge treatment chemicals are primarily employed to purify water before it can be released into the atmosphere. The treatment essentially aims to reduce the volume of water and pathogen content in order to facilitate the safe disposal and possible usage of sludge as fertilizer.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market
- Rise in industrialization in developing countries has been increasing the production of sludge. This, in turn, has been boosting the demand for sludge treatment chemicals for sludge treatment processes, thereby propelling the demand for sludge treatment chemicals.
- Increase in usage of treated sludge in agricultural processes as fertilizer is also driving the demand for sludge treatment chemicals. This is projected to augment the sludge treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
- Rising environmental concerns, stringent environmental policies for waste water treatment by governments across globe are increasing need of sludge treatment processes which in turn projected to drive global sludge treatment chemicals market during the forecast period.
Coagulants Segment to Account for Major Market Share
- Coagulants and flocculants segments held major share of the market in 2018. Of these, the coagulants segment accounted for more than 50% share of the global sludge treatment chemicals market in 2018. The segment is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period.
- Coagulants are used for solid removal, lime softening, water clarification, solid dewatering, and sludge thickening
- Cost effectiveness associated with coagulants vis-à-vis other chemicals is boosting the demand for coagulants in sludge treatment processes. This is estimated to drive the global sludge treatment market during the forecast period.
Food & Beverages Segment to Dominate Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market
- In terms of end-use industry, the food & beverages segment constituted major share of the global sludge treatment chemicals market in 2018. Sludge produced from food & beverages contains high level of BOD (Biochemical Oxygen Demand) & COD (Chemical Oxygen Demand). Sludge treatment chemicals are used in large quantities to treat wastewater, which has high BOD and COD. BOD and COD are the amount of oxygen used by microorganisms in the biological process of metabolizing organic matter in water. Greater the BOD, lower the amount of dissolved oxygen available.
- The personal care & chemicals segment is expected to expand at a rapid pace due to the increase in demand for sludge treatment in the segments owing to the stringent government regulations on disposal of wastewater
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market here
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market
- Geographically, the global sludge treatment chemicals market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for key share of the global sludge treatment chemicals market in 2018. This trend is expected to continue during the forecast period.
- Presence of leading global manufacturers of sludge treatment chemicals in North America, stringent government regulations enacted by governments in the region, and rise in awareness about disposal of sludge are estimated to drive the sludge treatment chemicals market in the region during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific region is expected to dominate global sludge treatment chemicals market in terms of growth rate. Expansion of the market in Asia Pacific can be ascribed to the increase in industrialization in countries such as India and China. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for sludge treatment chemicals for sludge treatment.
- China is expected to witness highest growth rate for the sludge treatment chemicals market in Asia Pacific region owing to the increase in demand of sludge treatment chemicals from various end-use industries such as oil & gas, food & beverages, and personal care & chemicals
- After China, demand for sludge treatment chemicals is anticipated to rise in other countries in Asia such as India, Japan, and ASEAN due to the increase in numbers of sludge treatment chemical manufacturers in Asia who are developing strong base of sludge treatment chemicals.
Key Players in Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market
Prominent players operating in the sludge treatment chemicals market include:
- BASF SE
- Aries Chemical, Inc.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- General Electric
- AMCON INC.
- CHEM. ENGI. s.r.o.
- Beckart Environmental, Inc.
- Condorchem Envitech
Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market: Research Scope
Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market, by Type
Global Sludge Treatment Chemicals Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Metal Processing
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care & Chemicals
- Pulp & Paper
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.