COVID-19 Impact on Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the slow and controlled release pesticides market in the near future.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides Market
- Slow and controlled release pesticides are primarily used in the agricultural industry. Rapid expansion of population has increased the concerns for food security. Demand for food is increasing due to the rise in population. Underdeveloped and developing countries still lack proper infrastructure for storage and distribution of food grains and edible agriculture produce.
- Horticultural crops are vulnerable to a wide range of pests and pathogens. Therefore, new crop protection strategies and development, as well as increase in usage of a wide range of biological control agents (e.g. bacteria, fungi, and predatory arthropods) play a critical role in closing the yield gap. Increase in usage of resistant varieties is also crucial, but these varieties are not fully resistant, implying that direct crop protection measures would be especially important to secure high yield and product quality in high-value crops. Rise in investments in R&D and the agricultural sector has led to continuous product innovations. This is a major factor that is expected to drive the global slow and controlled release pesticides market during the forecast period.
- Fruits and vegetables provides key nutrients for a balanced diet. Diets low in fruits and vegetables contribute significantly to some of the world’s most widespread and debilitating nutrient-related disorders. Horticulture can be an engine for agricultural and economic diversification. Increase in demand for various applications in the horticulture industry is expected to drive the global slow and controlled release pesticides market in the near future.
Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides: Product Segment
- In terms of product, the global slow and controlled release pesticides market can be divided into herbicides, fungicides, insecticides, and others
- The herbicides segment is projected to hold major share of the global slow and controlled release pesticides market during the forecast period. Herbicides are a broad class of pesticides that are used to remove nuisance plants, such as grasses and weeds, which may compromise the growth and yield of desired crops that are in close proximity. Herbicide application occurs frequently in row-crop farming, where it is applied before or during planting to maximize crop productivity by minimizing other vegetation.
- The fungicides segment is projected to follow the herbicides segment during the forecast period. Fungicides are pesticides that kill or prevent the growth of fungi and their spores. They can be used to control fungi that damage plants including rusts, mildews, and blights. They can also be used to control mold and mildew in other settings. Fungicides work in a variety of ways, but most of them damage fungal cell membranes or interfere with energy production within fungal cells. Fungicides are also used to control many post-harvest diseases that cause rapid and extensive breakdown of high-moisture commodities. High demand for horticulture and open field & protective cultivation is driving the global slow and controlled release pesticides market.
Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides: End-use Segment
- Based on end-use, the global slow and controlled release pesticides market can be segmented into horticulture, floriculture, open field & protective cultivation, and others
- The open field & protective cultivation segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. Open field & protective cultivation is a conventional method of farming. Vast majority of farmers grow produce in open fields. This farming method has its own set of challenges. Farmers have to cope with changes in climate, fluctuations in nature, pest and disease attacks, eroding soil health, and depleting water tables. Rise in trend of usage of pesticides in the agriculture industry is projected to boost the global market for slow and controlled release pesticides in the next few years.
- The horticulture segment is also projected to hold key share of the global slow and controlled release pesticides market in the near future
Asia Pacific to hold Leading Share of Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides Market
- In terms of region, the slow and controlled release pesticides market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global slow and controlled release pesticides market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period. Asia Pacific has been the arena for major agricultural products manufacturers who are constantly portraying significant development trends to expand the business. The region has been identified as key consumer of slow and controlled release pesticides and has been the epicenter for agricultural products manufacturing.
- The slow and controlled release pesticides market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the near future
Key Manufacturers Operating in Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides Market
The slow and controlled release pesticides market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the slow and controlled release pesticides market include:
- Adama Agricultural Solution Ltd
- Arysta Lifescience Corporation
- BASF SE
- Bayer Ag
- Monsanto Company
- Sumitomo Chemical Co Ltd
- The Dow Chemical Company
Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides: Research Scope
Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides Market, by Type
Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides Market, by End-use
- Open Field & Protective Cultivation
Global Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Slow and Controlled Release Pesticides: Introduction
- Slow and controlled release formulation of pesticides consist of retarding biological agents, which release their constituents into the surroundings over a defined period. These agents are bound chemically and physically in a polymer mix by using various techniques. Systems that incorporate this formulation include migration control by membranes, migration control without membranes, laminate system, and monolithic systems.
- Slow and controlled release formulation of pesticides is used in the agricultural industry in horticulture, floriculture, and other applications
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.