Six-axis Inertial Sensor Market: Introduction
- Six axis inertial sensor measures the changes in orientation that take place around a reference axis. This provides information that allows a device to measure its orientation, maintain it, or change it. Six axis inertial sensor is, therefore, a sensor with 6 degrees of freedom, since it has three axes to measure the rate of turn and another three axes to measure the acceleration. In other words, it combines the 3 Cartesian coordinate axis accelerometer with a sensor that takes gyroscopic measurements along these three axes pitch, roll and yaw. It is a combination of acceleration sensor and gyroscope.
- Thus, it enables the measurement of angular rate and acceleration in three axes and provides information regarding the tilt, motion, shock, and vibration in mobile phones, handheld devices, computer peripherals, HMI, wearables, and remotes and game controllers.
Rising Demand in Consumer Electronics
- Six axis inertial sensors are gaining popularity in the recent trend like navigation, imaging, and augmented reality. It is widely used in consumer electronics such as mobile phones, health trackers, wearables, and VR systems.
- Its very ability to drive functions, such as navigation, activity monitoring, step counting, navigation, vibration measurement, active damping, six directional tracking, flat detection, tap sensing, menu scrolling, tilt detection, and image stabilization, is driving the six-axis inertial sensor market
Asia Pacific to Hold Prominent Share of Market
- Asia Pacific is projected to dominate the global six-axis inertial sensor market during the forecast years, owing to the presence of a large consumer electronics manufacturing industry and expansion of the automotive industry in the region
- Demand for consumer electronics is significantly high in developing countries in Asia Pacific, as major application for the six-axis inertial sensor is in consumer electronics. It is suitable for applications such as industrial IoT systems, robots, drones, platform stabilizers, and telematics. Its accelerometer bandwidth up to 3 kHz also enables use in vibration-monitoring and compensation systems.
- Robots, smart agriculture, autonomous cars, and drones, which require highly accurate motion in a small space are likely to offer significant opportunities for the six-axis inertial sensor market
Key Players in Six-axis Inertial Sensor Market
Six-axis inertial sensors enable manufacturers to eliminate expensive and complex selection, qualification, and system level integration of discrete devices, thereby guaranteeing optimal motion performance, which in turn is prompting market players to innovate and offer advanced products to cater to the demands of end-users. Key players include Continental AG, Panasonic Corporation, Bosch Sensortec Gmbh, InvenSense (TDK), Honeywell, STMicroelectronics, Ericco Inertial System, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd., KIONIX, Inc., Inertial Labs, and NXP Semiconductors.
Six-axis Inertial Sensor Market Scope
Six-axis Inertial Sensor Market, by Application
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Hearables and Wearables
- Augmented Reality Glasses
- High-Accuracy Robotics
- Gaming Controllers
- Drones, Flight Controllers
Six-axis Inertial Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America