Global Single Screw Food Extruder Market – Introduction
- Single screw food extruder is a machine where food products are processed to accommodate the demand of consumers for a variety of food items. The change in food technology involves various kinds of processes such as texturizing, transfer of heat, mixing, kneading, pressure changes while cooking, etc. In extrusion, soft mixed ingredients are forced into an opening consisting of a die designed plate to produce a specific shape of a food product. A single screw food extruder keeps the mixed granules of food for a longer time and works in rotary mechanism. The mechanical shear from the screw and thermal heat from the barrel convert the solid polymer into melt which is then pushed out of the die. Processed food includes pastas, macaroni, breakfast cereal, sweet pastries, cakes, breads, biscuits, and snacks.
Rising consumer demand for processed food driving the sale of single screw food extruders
- Growing needs of consumers driven by changing lifestyle patterns, and high net disposable incomes have led to an increase in demand for ready-to-eat products and savory snacks that come in packed format, besides high demand for textured protein such as soy meat and soya chunks. The increase in sales of single screw food extruders is highly dependent on the sale of such processed food items. The sales pattern of processed food has increased considerably resulting in the high sales of single screw food extruders. Meat products such as bacon, sausages, ham, salami, and pate, cheese products, beverages, and canned vegetables are propelling the demand for single screw food extruders.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on this report, Request for a Sample
Technological advancements and mass production, major factors leading to increase in use of single screw food extruders
- Single screw food extruder is an innovative product having properties of hot and cold extrusion. High-temperature extrusion for a shorter time duration reduces losses in vitamins, minerals, and amino-acids. Anti-nutritional factors are minimized through extrusion, while producing food items on a large scale. Furthermore, destroying toxins, and killing micro-organisms is one of the key characteristics of single screw food extruders. Extrusion technology has been remarkable in the snack food industry, which has increased the scope of new shapes, sizes, and textures of packaged snack food using various raw materials. These factors have made food extrusion process a feasible option for food manufacturing industry players. Growth in the single screw food extruder market is propelled by the daily consumption of food.
Europe Considered the Major and Dominant Region for Single Screw Food Extruders
- In terms of geography, the global single screw food extruder market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- The market in North America is expected to grow at a considerable rate during the forecast period due to regulatory food norms implemented by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the U.S. The increased demand for processed food, and changing living patterns in terms of health safety & hazards in countries such as the U.S., Canada, and Mexico leads to increased sales of single screw food extruders.
- Europe accounted for major share of the single screw food extruder market in 2019 owing to the rise in consumer base and growth in the food technology segment. Rise in sales of savory snacks, and increased consumption of cereals and bread in the European market in countries such as the U.K., France, Italy, and Germany, is projected to surge the sales of single screw food extruders in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing during the forecast period due to fast growing urban household consumption, globalization, rising preference for fast food, multiple food options, and growing per capita income.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Players Operating in the Single Screw Food Extruder Market
Prominent manufacturers of single screw food extruders are competing with each other in the market. Companines are focusing on organic and inorganic growth strategies. Major companines such as Baker Perkins, Coperion, Akron Tool & Die, and Groupe Legries Industries are undertaking acquisitions and mergers, and forming partnerships and collaborations to enhance their market portfolio. For instance, in-September 2018, PepsiCo, Inc. announced the launch of branded extruded snacks and potato chips, in order to meet the rising demand for healthy snacks among consumers. Some of the key players operating in the global single screw food extruder market include:
- Akron Tool & Die
- American Extrusion International
- Baker Perkins
- Groupe Legris Industries
- Kahl Group
- Lindquist Machine
- Pavan SpA
- Triott Group
Global Single Screw Food Extruder Market – Research Scope
Global Single Screw Food Extruder Market, by Output
- Less than 50 kg/hr
- Above 500kg/hr
Global Single Screw Food Extruder Market, by Process
- Cold Extrusion
- Hot Extrusion
Global Single Screw Food Extruder Market, by Application
- Savory Snacks
- Breakfast Cereals
- Flours & Starches
- Textured Protein
- Others (Functional Ingredients)
Global Single Screw Food Extruder Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.