Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market: Introduction
- Siloxanes or silicones are saturated silicone-oxygen hydrides used as sealants in various industrial applications. Siloxanes are chain polymers made up of a silicon-oxygen-silicon backbone with organic side chains attached to each silicon atom.
- Siloxane polymers possess exceptional physical, chemical, and electrical properties. Due to these properties, silicones are used as lubricants in a PDMS compound form and also known as non-curing sealant/vacuum grease.
- Siloxane copolymer lubricants offer unique properties such as low surface tension, better application lifespan through high thermal and oxidation stability, and resistance against corrosion and chemicals. Their lubricity properties such as surface heat and friction reduction make them superior lubricants compared to other conventional products.
- Siloxane copolymer lubricants are also compatible with most of the plastics and elastomers. However, they are suitable for high temperature range and offer lubricity at high temperature without affecting the performance at lower temperature.
- Copolymers such as Phenyl Methyl Silicone and Fluorosilicone are used as raw materials to manufacture siloxane copolymer lubricants. Combination product of these copolymers offers enhanced thermal stability and wear resistance.
- Siloxane copolymer lubricants are economical alternative for many applications compared to other lubricant products such as PTFE, Li- and Li-complex soaps, and Polyurea
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Rise in Demand for Maintenance Services for Various Automotive Parts to Drive Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market
- Increase in demand for lightweight vehicles and other heavy commercial vehicles across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for maintenance services for various vehicle parts. This is a key factor driving the global siloxane copolymer lubricants market.
- Regular maintenance of machinery, reduced downtime, and lower operation cost are expected to propel the siloxane copolymer lubricants market during the forecast period
- Use of alternative lubricants such as PTFE and perfluoropolyether is a key factor expected to restrain the siloxane copolymer lubricants market in the near future
Phenyl-Fluoro-silicone (PFPE) Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on raw material, the market is segmented into Dimethyl Silicone (PDMS), Phenyl Methyl Silicone (PMPS), Fluorosilicone (FA), and Phenyl-Fluoro-silicone (PFPE)
- Flourosilicone based lubricants offer properties such as resistance against heavy loads and harsh environment. Moreover, they withstand against high and low temperatures. Phenyl Methyl Silicone based lubricants offer thermal and oxidation stability.
- Phenyl-Fluoro-silicone (PEPF) based lubricants are combination of both and offer wear resistance, improved lubricity, and higher thermal stability. These lubricants are a cost-effective solution for wide temperature range.
Automotive Segment to Hold Significant Share of Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market
- Based on application, the siloxane copolymer lubricants market is segmented into high temperature bearings, automotive, tire molding, metal processing, injection molding equipment, and others
- Automotive is expected to be major application segment followed by tire molding and metal processing. Siloxane copolymer lubricants are widely utilized in the automotive industry due to wear resistance properties.
- Expansion of metal processing industry in developing countries is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for global siloxane copolymer lubricants market
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market
- In terms of region, the global siloxane copolymer lubricants market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for prominent share of the global siloxane copolymer lubricants market, followed by Europe and North America
- Siloxane copolymer lubricants are majorly used in metal processing and automotive industries. China has one of the largest metal processing industry along with the largest consumption of automotive and other machinery. This factor is anticipated to boost the siloxane copolymer lubricants market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to exhibit sluggish growth rate compared to other regions
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Players in Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market
The global siloxane copolymer lubricants market is anticipated to remain consolidated during the forecast period due to small number of market players. In order to gain major share in the market, companies are focusing on research & development activities for new technology and product development. Market players are expanding existing product portfolio through development of customized products.
Key players operating in the siloxane copolymer lubricants market include:
- Dow DuPont
- Idemitsu Kosan
Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market: Research Scope
Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market, by Row Material
- Dimethyl Silicone (PDMS)
- Phenyl Methyl Silicone (PMPS)
- Fluorosilicone (FA)
- Phenyl-Fluoro-silicone (PFPE)
Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market, by Application
- High Temperature Bearings
- Tire Molding
- Metal processing
- Injection Molding Equipment
- Others (Carton Board Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Textile, Pulp & Paper, Food Processing, etc.)
Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.