Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market: Introduction
- Siloxanes or silicones are saturated silicone-oxygen hydrides used as sealants in various industrial applications. Siloxanes are chain polymers made up of a silicon-oxygen-silicon backbone with organic side chains attached to each silicon atom.
- Siloxane polymers possess exceptional physical, chemical, and electrical properties. Due to these properties, silicones are used as lubricants in a PDMS compound form and also known as non-curing sealant/vacuum grease.
- Siloxane copolymer lubricants offer unique properties such as low surface tension, better application lifespan through high thermal and oxidation stability, and resistance against corrosion and chemicals. Their lubricity properties such as surface heat and friction reduction make them superior lubricants compared to other conventional products.
- Siloxane copolymer lubricants are also compatible with most of the plastics and elastomers. However, they are suitable for high temperature range and offer lubricity at high temperature without affecting the performance at lower temperature.
- Copolymers such as Phenyl Methyl Silicone and Fluorosilicone are used as raw materials to manufacture siloxane copolymer lubricants. Combination product of these copolymers offers enhanced thermal stability and wear resistance.
- Siloxane copolymer lubricants are economical alternative for many applications compared to other lubricant products such as PTFE, Li- and Li-complex soaps, and Polyurea.
Rise in Demand for Maintenance Services for Various Automotive Parts to Drive Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market
- Increase in demand for lightweight vehicles and other heavy commercial vehicles across the globe is anticipated to boost the demand for maintenance services for various vehicle parts. This is a key factor driving the global siloxane copolymer lubricants market.
- Regular maintenance of machinery, reduced downtime, and lower operation cost are expected to propel the siloxane copolymer lubricants market during the forecast period
- Use of alternative lubricants such as PTFE and perfluoropolyether is a key factor expected to restrain the siloxane copolymer lubricants market in the near future
Phenyl-Fluoro-silicone (PFPE) Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on raw material, the market is segmented into Dimethyl Silicone (PDMS), Phenyl Methyl Silicone (PMPS), Fluorosilicone (FA), and Phenyl-Fluoro-silicone (PFPE)
- Flourosilicone based lubricants offer properties such as resistance against heavy loads and harsh environment. Moreover, they withstand against high and low temperatures. Phenyl Methyl Silicone based lubricants offer thermal and oxidation stability.
- Phenyl-Fluoro-silicone (PEPF) based lubricants are combination of both and offer wear resistance, improved lubricity, and higher thermal stability. These lubricants are a cost-effective solution for wide temperature range.
Automotive Segment to Hold Significant Share of Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market
- Based on application, the siloxane copolymer lubricants market is segmented into high temperature bearings, automotive, tire molding, metal processing, injection molding equipment, and others
- Automotive is expected to be major application segment followed by tire molding and metal processing. Siloxane copolymer lubricants are widely utilized in the automotive industry due to wear resistance properties.
- Expansion of metal processing industry in developing countries is expected to offer lucrative opportunities for global siloxane copolymer lubricants market
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market
- In terms of region, the global siloxane copolymer lubricants market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for prominent share of the global siloxane copolymer lubricants market, followed by Europe and North America
- Siloxane copolymer lubricants are majorly used in metal processing and automotive industries. China has one of the largest metal processing industry along with the largest consumption of automotive and other machinery. This factor is anticipated to boost the siloxane copolymer lubricants market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to exhibit sluggish growth rate compared to other regions.
Key Players in Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market
The global siloxane copolymer lubricants market is anticipated to remain consolidated during the forecast period due to small number of market players. In order to gain major share in the market, companies are focusing on research & development activities for new technology and product development. Market players are expanding existing product portfolio through development of customized products.
Key players operating in the siloxane copolymer lubricants market include:
- Dow DuPont
- Idemitsu Kosan
Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market: Research Scope
Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market, by Row Material
- Dimethyl Silicone (PDMS)
- Phenyl Methyl Silicone (PMPS)
- Fluorosilicone (FA)
- Phenyl-Fluoro-silicone (PFPE)
Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market, by Application
- High Temperature Bearings
- Tire Molding
- Metal processing
- Injection Molding Equipment
- Others (Carton Board Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Textile, Pulp & Paper, Food Processing, etc.)
Global Siloxane Copolymer Lubricants Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa