Silicone Tubes: Introduction
- Silicone is a specialty high-performance material used in various industries. It is manufactured by reacting silicon with methyl chloride and further treating it with water to remove chlorine atoms. These reactions produce a polymer that is resistant to high as well as low temperatures, making it ideal for usage in medical and health care industries. Silicone is flexible and resistant to moisture, chemicals, heat, cold, and UV radiations.
- Silicone tube is one of the most widely used materials in the high-purity processing industry, as the tube is highly flexible, resistant to kinking and tearing, and ideal for usage with peristaltic pumps. Silicone tubing is generally designed for a variety of pump and transfer applications including pharmaceutical, laboratory, bioprocess manufacturing, and food & beverages applications. Silicone tubes are capable of withstanding temperatures as high as 200°C. They are available in various internal diameters and wall thicknesses.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Silicone Tubes Market
- The silicone tubes market has developed significantly in the recent years. This can be primarily ascribed to the high performance and increasing recognition of silicon tubes globally. Silicone tubes play an important role in addressing several issues associated with the resistance to high temperatures and chemicals, mechanical strength, and electric properties. Biocompatibility of silicone allows it to be compatible with human tissues and body fluids, thereby increasing its usage in medical tubing. Establishment of wide crude oil production bases in Chile, Brazil, and Venezuela is likely to boost the usage of silicone tubes for transportation of fluids during the forecast period. Rise in usage of silicon tubes in medical and electrical sectors is expected to propel the silicone tubes market during the forecast period.
- Silicone tubes have the ability to resist chemicals, solvents, and extreme temperatures. They are flexible and resistant to moisture, chemicals, heat, cold, and UV radiations; thus, demand for silicone tubes is anticipated to rise at a significant pace during the forecast period.
Silicone Tubes: Type Segment
- In terms of type, the global silicone tubes market can be segmented into medical tubing, food, and others
- The medical segment is expected to account for significant share of the global silicone tubes market during the forecast period. It is anticipated to be followed by the food segment.
Silicone Tubes: Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global silicone tubes market can be segregated into automotive, electronics, medical, food, and others
- The medical segment is estimated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. It is projected to be followed by the electronics segment.
- The automotive segment is likely to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period, owing to the increase in vehicle production across the globe
COVID-19 Impact on Silicone Tubes Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the silicone tubes market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Silicone Tubes Market
- In terms of region, the global silicone tubes market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the silicone tubes market in 2020. This trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the growing awareness about health, government initiatives to provide high-quality health care facilities, and increasing aging population. The silicone tubes market in North America is anticipated to expand at a substantial pace during the forecast period. Medical and food industries in the region are key consumers of silicone tubes. The U.S. is anticipated to account for major share of the silicone tubes market in North America during the forecast period.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Silicone Tubes Market
The global silicone tubes market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global silicone tubes market include:
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shenzhen Woer Heat - Shrinkable Material Co., Ltd.
- NewAge Industries, Inc.
- CSL Silicones Inc.
- Detaseal India
- IZOLAT LTD
- Shenzhen Sunbow Insulation Material MFG. CO.LTD
- Freudenberg Medical
Global Silicone Tubes Market: Research Scope
Global Silicone Tubes Market, by Type
- Medical Tubing
Global Silicone Tubes Market, by Application
Global Silicone Tubes Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.