Silicone Oil Market: Introduction
- Silicone oil is also known as polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS). Silicone oil contains silicon–oxygen linkages, which are considered stronger than the typical carbon-to-carbon chains present in hydrocarbon fluids. Hence, silicone oil witnesses higher demand.
- Silicone oil is employed across various industries such as automotive, cosmetics & personal care, pharmaceutical, electronics, textile, and chemical
- Silicone oil is transparent, non-toxic, odorless, and inert. It has electric and thermal stability, which makes it suitable for use in various industrial applications.
To obtain all-inclusive information on forecast analysis of global Silicone Oil Market, request a Report Brochure here.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Silicone Oil Market
- Increase in the demand for cosmetics, personal care products, and pharmaceutical products is expected to drive the global silicone oil market in the near future. Silicone oil has properties such as low density, high viscosity, and non-toxicity, due to which, silicone oil witnesses high demand in sectors such as cosmetics & personal care and pharmaceutical.
- Growth of automotive, chemical, and electronics sectors across the globe is anticipated to boost the global silicone oil market during the forecast period. Properties of silicone oil such as water resistance, lack of odor, nontoxicity, inertness, and electric and thermal stability are expected to drive the global silicone oil market during the forecast period.
- Increase in awareness about environment protection across the world is expected to drive the global silicone oil market during the forecast period. Silicone oil is a biocompatible and biodegradable material. Due to its eco-friendly properties, the demand for silicone oil is expected to increase in the near future.
- Limited availability and fluctuating costs of raw materials is a major restraint of the global silicone oil market
Global Silicone Oil Market: Segmentation
- The global silicone oil market can be segmented in terms of type and end-user industry
- Based on type, the global market can be segmented into straight silicone fluid and modified silicone oil. The modified silicone oil segment is expected to dominate the global market between 2019 and 2027. Modification of silicone oil can be achieved by adding amino, carboxyl, methacryl, or dimethyl group to its structure, which imparts additional properties such as water repellency, absorbability, flexibility, and lubricity. Thus, the demand for modified silicone oil is expected to rise significantly during the forecast period.
- In terms of end-user industry, the global silicone oil market can be classified into cosmetics & personal care, pharmaceutical, automotive, chemical, electronics, textile, and others. Among these, the cosmetics & personal care segment is projected to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
Global Silicone Oil Market: Regional Segmentation
- Based on region, the global silicone oil market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held a major share of the global silicone oil market in 2018. The market in the region is expected to expand at a significant rate during the forecast period, as countries such as China, Japan, and India witness high demand for silicone-oil-based cosmetic and personal care products as well as pharmaceutical products. In terms of consumption, China holds a major share of the market in the region.
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. The U.S. is expected to lead the North America silicone oil market during the forecast period.
- The markets in Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa are also expected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Silicone Oil Market here
- In May 2019, Momentive Performance Materials Inc. was acquired by a South Korea-based group that comprised SJL Partners LLC, Wonik Holdings Co. Ltd., and KCC Corp. The deal was valued at US$ 3 Bn.
- In March 2019, CHT UK Manchester Limited acquired ACC Silicones Ltd. The company was renamed as CHT UK Bridgwater Ltd.
- In February 2018, Evonik Industries AG started building a new plant in Shanghai, China for production of a wide range of organically modified specialty silicones. The plant would be commissioned by the end of 2019.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- CHT UK Bridgwater Ltd.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Wacker Chemie Ag
- Dow Corning Corporation
- Shin-Etsu Corporation
- KCC Basildon
- Gelest Inc.
- Siltech Corporation
- Merck KGaA
Global Silicone Oil Market: Research Scope
Global Silicone Oil Market, by Type
- Straight Silicone Oil
- Modified Silicone Oil
Global Silicone Oil Market, by End-user Industry
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
Global Silicone Oil Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.