Silicone Gasket: Introduction
- Gasket is a mechanical seal used to fill the empty spaces between two or more meshing surfaces to avoid leakage and wastage of fluids and gas. Gasket also helps in maintaining pressure and avoiding contamination from external environmental conditions. Different types of gaskets are specifically designed, depending upon the type of coupling and end-use applications. The choice of material used to manufacture gasket is critical. Gasket materials need to be resilient and compressible enough to compensate for irregularities of the mating surfaces. Depending upon the two mating surfaces, these irregularities may be minute or large. The gasket material may need to limit the flow of gas or fluid through these irregularities.
- Silicone gasket is a highly preferred and widely used material to manufacture gaskets due to its superior characteristics such as high reliability, better strength, high flexibility, and resistance to high heat and pressure. The low temperature property of silicone gasket is unparalleled in comparison to any other elastomer. Silicone gasket can remain flexible within the temperature range of -67°F to +400°F. Silicone gasket offers high temperature mechanical seals with extraordinary resistance to extreme temperature in hot and cold environments. Silicone gasket also possesses exceptional UV & ozone properties. Thus, silicone gaskets are suitable for outdoor applications. Being an inert material, silicone does not react to majority of chemicals. Thus, silicone gasket is suitable in medical and industrial applications. Silicone gaskets provide excellent resistance to chemicals, water, fire, fungal growth, ozone, heat, and aging. Therefore, they are widely preferred across all industry verticals such as food handling, automotive, medical, construction, and industrial.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Silicone Gasket Market
- Custom silicone gaskets are being made to suit applications such as heat resistance, chemical resistance, and low toxicity. The low toxicity property exhibited by silicone gasket makes it an ideal choice for usage as food grade gasket material.
- High cost of silicone gasket fabrication may adversely affect the silicone gasket market; however, there exists a need for soft silicone rubber gasket material owing to the rapid industrialization in emerging economies
Silicone Gasket: Product Type Segment
- Based on product type, the global silicone gasket market can be segregated into solid silicone, sponge silicone, silicone foam, injection molded silicone gasket, and fluorosilicone gasket
- Solid silicone gasket products are manufactured by die cutting or waterjet cutting parts from continuous roll sheet materials or molded sheets. Solid silicone rubber offers a wide hardness range and provides excellent environmental sealing with relatively low closure force; hence, solid silicone gaskets are widely used in metal or rigid enclosures that require higher closure forces.
- Solid gaskets are generally used with a suitable bolt pattern to ensure that gaskets are properly and firmly compressed. These are ideal for water sealing and submersion applications, making them ideal for usage in the food processing industry. Solid silicone gaskets are available in a wide variety of gauges and widths. This allows for wide variety of sizes in fabricated parts. Thus, the solid silicone segment held major share of the market in 2020. In terms of revenue, it is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
Silicone Gasket: End-use Segment
- In terms of end-use, the global silicone gasket market can be classified into transportation, chemical, construction, oil & gas, energy, food processing, electrical & electronics, and others
- The usage of silicone gasket is increasing in the food processing industry, as sheet silicone is employed to manufacture various seals and gaskets in the food industry. Silicone elastomer is ideal for gasket application in the food industry, as it possesses low toxicity and odor, and is a non-marking material, soft enough to be manipulated into various custom silicone gaskets. It can withstand a wide range of temperatures. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) strictly inspects the type of silicone gasket material before it is approved for usage as a food grade gasket material.
- Besides food processing industry, silicone gaskets are widely used in the automotive industry for engines, transmissions, and other applications such as sealants for airbags
Covid-19 Impact on Silicone Gasket Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacturing of various consumer goods and other products across the globe has come to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the silicone gasket market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Silicone Gasket Market
- In terms of geography, the global silicone gasket market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to witness maximum growth during the forecast period owing to the expansion of the industrial sector in the region
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Silicone Gasket Market
Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global silicone gasket market include:
- Dana Holding Corporation
- Freudenberg Sealing Technologies Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Smiths Group PLC
- Trelleborg AB
- Atlantic Gasket Corporation
- Hennig Gasket & Sales Inc.
- Delta Rubber Limited
Global Silicone Gasket Market: Research Scope
Global Silicone Gasket Market, by Product Type
- Solid Silicone
- Sponge Silicone
- Silicone Foam
- Injection Molded Silicone
Global Silicone Gasket Market, by End-use
- Oil & Gas
- Food Processing
- Electrical & Electronics
Global Silicone Gasket Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.