Silicone Coated PET Films Market: Introduction
- Silicone coated PET films are ideal for applications where a dimensionally stable, flexible, and heat-resistant liner is needed. These films feature a blend of flat components of polyester with smooth characteristics of silicone to make a material that has high flexibility, transparency, and endurance.
- Silicone coated PET films have smoothly and evenly coated surface, which avoids many drawbacks such as crinkles, avulsions, granules, bubbles, and pinholes
- Liner used for pressure sensitive adhesives needs to have a smooth surface, as any roughness between adhesive and the substrate on which it is applied, is undesirable. Silicone coated PET film is a material of choice for pressure sensitive adhesive applications on account of their surface uniformity.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Silicone Coated PET Films Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Silicone Coated PET Films Market
- Silicone coated PET films exhibit ‘No label’ appearance, thus, extending better product aesthetics. Rise in demand for aesthetics in the packaging industry is expected to drive silicone coated PET films market in the near future. Silicone coated PET films are transparent and generate a smooth texture to the label, due to which, no roughness is transferred to the adhesive of the label.
- Extending the shelf life of food has been one of the challenges faced by food & beverage industry. Packaging with multilayer structures aimed at longer shelf life involve metallized materials for snacks and result in producing the products with difficult recycling process. Food & beverage sector is likely to mark significant demand for silicone coated PET films during the forecast period.
- Silicone coated PET films display many advantages such as unique physical properties, high transparency, minor thickness tolerance, fine plasticity, and low heat contractility rate. Surge in demand for convenient packaging in various end-use industries such as shipping and logistics, cosmetics & personal care, food & beverage, and pharmaceuticals is estimated to present substantial opportunities for silicone coated PET films by 2027.
- The silicone coated PET films market is probable to face certain restraints during the forecast period, such as a rise in environmental concerns over plastic usage and subsequent banning of various grades of plastics in the U.S., Europe, China, India, and other geographies. The volatility in the prices of crude oil, which is the raw material for PET resins, is expected to be another restraint for silicone coated PET films market during the forecast period.
Significant Growth Potential in Electrical & Electronics Industry
- Based on end-use industry, the global silicone coated PET films market can be divided into: electrical & electronics, food & beverage, health care, electrical & electronics, construction, shipping and logistics, cosmetics & personal care, and others including optics and aerospace
- Silicone coated PET films are used in various applications such as smart sensors, automotive electronics, actuators, photovoltaics, and generators
- Silicone coated PET films are likely to observe a robust demand in electrical & electronics sector during the forecast period. These films have been increasingly used in the electronics industry on account of their key characteristics, such as high dielectric breakdown, hydrophobicity, resistance to high and low temperatures, which enable them to be used in critical and harsh environments in electrical & electronics sector.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Silicone Coated PET Films
- In terms of region, the global silicone coated PET films market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is projected to be a leading market for silicone coated PET films during the forecast period.
A significant demand in this region is anticipated to come from its ever-growing packaging industry, particularly for food & beverage applications. Demand for packaged food has been rising in Asia Pacific, owing to urbanization and increase in disposable income of the population.
- PET based films exhibit a higher tensile strength, low moisture absorption, better dimensional stability, and high retention of physical properties over a fairly wide temperature range in comparison with other common plastic films. Silicone coated PET films offer superior UV resistance, good optical clarity, superior electrical properties, high gloss, and good gas barrier. Silicone coated PET films are expected to have significant potential in the Asia Pacific region due to their unique applicability, in the near future.
To Get a Bird’s Eye View of Silicone Coated PET Films Market Forecast, Ask for a Custom Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Silicone Coated PET Films Market
- The global silicone coated PET films market was highly fragmented in 2018 and is expected to follow a similar trend during the forecast period
- Industry participants are engaged in significant R&D activities to enhance their product offerings. For instance, Hostaphan silicone coated PET films offered by Mitsubishi Polyester Film, Inc., are characterized by their outstanding release properties in combination with inherent polyester film characteristics such as high mechanical strength, low shrinkage, clarity, and chemical resistance.
Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Polyplex Corporation Limited
- SKC Inc.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Mondi Group
- Shin-Etsu Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Polyester Film, Inc.
- Jindal Poly Films
- Toray Group
- TEKRA, A Division of EIS, Inc.
- Xinfeng Group
- Shanghai CN Industries ltd
Global Silicone Coated PET Films Market: Research Scope
Global Silicone Coated PET Films Market, by Application
- Others (window films, stickers, etc.)
Global Silicone Coated PET Films Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverage
- Health Care
- Electrical & Electronics
- Shipping and Logistics
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
- Other (Optics, Aerospace, etc.)
Global Silicone Coated PET Films Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.