Global Silicone Adhesives and Sealants Market: Overview
Silicone adhesives and sealants are chemical products used to bond two different substrates. With the new advancements in polymer technology, silicone adhesives and sealants are widely used across several industrial sectors. The global silicone adhesives and sealants market is expected to witness substantial growth doting the forecast period owing to increasing end-use applications.
Global Silicone Adhesives and Sealants Market: Notable Developments
Below are some of the key developments in the global silicone adhesives and sealants market:
- The newly developed Dow Corning HM-2600 sealant offers high productivity and enhanced design options. Additionally, the product is chemically stable and resistant to UV, radiation, and weather. Along with this, it offers excellent stability across different temperatures and durable adhesion, thereby mitigating the appliance assembly challenges. Development of this sealant has favorably impacted the global silicone adhesives and sealants market, thereby propelling its expansion.
- The new fire safety sealants developed by Bostik aid in maintaining the fire safety standards. These sealants swell when exposed to fire in order to fill in the hazardous gaps, thereby preventing permeation of flame and smoke. Moreover, they can bond with a wide range of substrates such as metal, wood, glass, timber, and others. The advent of these sealants has favored the growth of global silicone adhesives and sealants market.
- The newly developed pressure-sensitive silicone adhesives have created new avenues for the silicone adhesives and sealants market. As the name suggests, these adhesives are sensitive to pressure and are used in cosmetic or prosthetic devices. They offer high light transmittance and are apt for applications such as bonding cover glasses to solar cells.
Prominent players in the global silicone adhesives and sealants market include Aerol Formulations Private Limited, Dow Corning Corporation, Momentive, and Masterbond.
Global Silicone Adhesives and Sealants Market: Key Growth Dynamics
In recent times, there has been a growing demand for corrosion resistant adhesives. This is a major driver in the growth of global silicone adhesives and sealants market. Moreover, silicone adhesives are characterized by properties such as high temperature resistance, excellent flexibility, and elasticity which makes them an ideal choice for several industrial applications. This has led to a surge in production silicone adhesives, thereby propelling the global silicone adhesives and sealants market.
Additionally, recent technological advancements leading to the development of new sealants with advanced thermal resistance have proven to be a major propellant in the market’s growth. Moreover, silicone sealants and adhesives are superior to organic sealants in terms of properties and sustainability. This has highly contributed to an expansion of the silicone adhesives and sealants market.
Furthermore, silicone adhesives and sealants are extensively used in the automotive industry to glue various components. Consequently, an expansion in the automotive industry has expedited the global silicone adhesives and sealants market’s growth. Use of silicone adhesives and sealants has led to a significant enhancement in the efficiency of automotive components.
However, along with the drivers, there are a few restraints that may cause a shortfall in the global silicone adhesives and sealants market. The environmental concerns raised because of the use of the volatile organic component in silicone adhesives and sealants may restrain the market’s growth. Nonetheless, the development of new products with enhanced properties will create new opportunities for the market.
Global Silicone Adhesives and Sealants Market: Regional Outlook
Regionally, Asia Pacific holds a major share in the global silicone adhesives and sealants market. This is owing to a rise in demand from the end-use industries in Asia Pacific. China is the leading consumer of silicone adhesives and sealants in the Asia Pacific region. Asia Pacific is followed by North America. The growth in this region can be attributed to the new technological innovations in the booming automotive industry.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.