Over the recent past, global packaging industry has focused on developing and adopting packaging solutions that address specific needs of the product that is to be packaged, so also effect overall packaging cost and weight savings. Shrink wrapping technology is one such cost effective packaging technology which has been adopted across a diverse set of industries including food, beverages and pharmaceuticals. It involves loosely wrapping a polymeric shrink film on the product that is to be packed and subsequently subjecting the same to heat with the help of a shrink tunnel. Heat thus applied results in alteration in molecular reorientation which eventually results in film shrinkage and a snug fit with the product. Shrink tunnels are basically heat chambers that are placed over a conveyer. Depending on the principle used to heat the film, shrink wrap tunnels may be radiant heat tunnels which use infrared radiation for heating the film, or steam shrink wrap tunnels that employ steam to effect film heating. A third variant of shrink wrap tunnels involves hot air circulation are termed as convective shrink wrapping tunnels. Demand for shrink wrap tunnels is expected to be driven by increasing adoption of shrink wrap technology for packaging especially across developing geographies of the globe.
Shrink Wrap Tunnels Market Dynamics: Drivers, Opportunities, & Restraints
One of the major growth driving factors for global shrink tunnels market are the economic benefits such as cost, material, time and weight savings associated with the use of this technology vis-à-vis conventional packaging. Besides economic benefits shrink wrapping also entails certain functional benefits such as ensuring ease of handling and durability of the package. Thus growing preference for adoption of shrink wrapping technology is expected to propel shrink wrap tunnels market over the forecast period. Beverage industry is one of the major industries that has employs shrink wrap technology for packaging. Growth of global beverage industry is thus expected to in turn result in a steady growth of global shrink wrap tunnels market over the forecast period. However, shrink wrap technology is one among many alternatives available for packaging. Growth in adoption of technologies such as vacuum wrapping may impede growth of global shrink wrap tunnels market during the forecast period.
Shrink Wrap Tunnels Market Dynamics: Segmentation
Depending on the technology used, global shrink wrap tunnels market can be segmented in to following three key market segments:
On the basis of the end use industry, global shrink wrap tunnels market can be segmented in to following key market segments:
- Personal Care
Shrink Wrap Tunnels Market Dynamics: Regional Outlook
Depending on geographical regions, global packaging machines market can be divided into seven key regions namely North America, Latin America, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East & Africa. Amongst the aforementioned regions, shrink wrap tunnels market in Asia-Pacific, home to nearly 60% of global populace, is expected to witness a relatively faster growth in terms of market value during the forecast period. Growth in food and beverage industry in this region is expected to emerge as key growth driving factor for shrink wrap tunnels market over the forecast period.
Shrink Wrap Tunnels Market Dynamics: Key Players
Some of the global shrink wrap tunnels market participants include
- Arenco AB
- SMF Maschinenfabrik Germany
- ARPAC LLC.
- beck packautomaten GmbH & Co. KG
- Adpak Machinery Systems Ltd
- AMTEC Packaging Machines
- Brenton, LLC.
- Chuen An Machinery Industrial Co., Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, end use industries.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East & Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness within the segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and various geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.