Short Path Distillation Unit: Introduction
- Short path distillation unit, also called molecular distillation unit, is a compact purification system that involves short path distillate travelling at reduced pressure. This can give high purification level at small working place. Short path distillation units are preferred for unstable compound at higher temperature or purification of small amount of compounds.
- Rapid industrialization and urbanization are expected to fuel the demand for short path distillation units during the forecast period. Pharmaceutical and petroleum industries are the major consumers of short path distillation units. Development in these industries expected to influence the short path distillation unit market.
Key Drivers of Global Short Path Distillation Unit Market
- Major consumers of short path distillation units are petroleum and pharmaceutical industries. Rapid urbanization and industrialization is driving the demand for petroleum products and water treatment systems, which is expected to fuel the growth of the short path distillation unit market in the near future.
- Companies operating in the global short path distillation unit market are focusing on technological advancements to expand their product portfolio and improve product efficiency. They are adopting different business strategies, such as merger & acquisitions with small companies and R&D for the development of new products to cater to the increasing demand for short path distillation units in different regions.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growth Opportunities in Short Path Distillation Unit Market
- Surge in economic development rate in emerging economies of Asia Pacific region and Middle East & Africa, owing to increase in the number of industries and significant population growth. Thus, short path distillation units are being increasingly installed in various industries, such as petrochemical, petroleum, pharmaceutical, etc., in these regions. Moreover, compact structure and minimal use of equipment make this product appropriate for different industries. Small industries are preferring short path distillation units to reduce their operational cost. This factor is anticipated to drive the market during the forecast period.
Low Efficiency of Short Path Distillation Units to Hamper Market
- Major challenge faced by the short path distillation unit manufacturers is product efficiency. Other techniques, such as rotary evaporator, are more efficient compared to short path distillation. However, increasing investments in product development and technological advancements are expected to fuel market growth.
Asia Pacific Short Path Distillation Unit Market to Expand Rapidly
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a rapidly growing market for short path distillation units during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand in emerging countries of Asia Pacific as a result of significant growth of several industries
- North America and Europe held significant share of the global market in 2018 owing to presence of several market players in the beverage, chemicals, and petro product industries across these regions.
- Rise in demand from petroleum industries is anticipated to drive the short path distillation unit market in Middle East & Africa during forecast period, thus increasing its market share
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in short path distillation unit market, ask for a customized report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global short path distillation unit market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers accounting for approximately 20%–25% of the market share. Some of the major players operating in the global short path distillation unit market are:
- Buss-SMS-Canzler GmbH
- GIG Karasek
- LCI Corporation
- VTA Verfahrenstechnische Anlagen GmbH & Co. KG
- 3V Tech S.p.A.
- Vobis, LLC
- Wuxi Lima Chemical Machinery
Global Short Path Distillation Unit Market: Research Scope
Global Short Path Distillation Unit Market, by Application
- Others (water treatment, food & beverages, etc.)
Global Short Path Distillation Unit Market, by Distribution Channel
- Specialty Stores
Global Short Path Distillation Unit Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!