Shooting Gear: Introduction
- Shooting is an act or process in which a person aims and releases a projectile weapon such as crossbows, or firearms artillery. Shooting takes places in shooting ranges which can be indoor or outdoor. Shooting activities are done individually or in a group. Shooting gear are used to enhance the shooting experience in order to avoid any sort of injury and to enjoy the sport to the fullest.
- The shooting gear market is likely to be influenced by the current economic conditions and disposable income of consumers. Increasing number of facilities for shooting has resulted in its declining cost, which is expected to attract more consumers, and this is expected to benefit the shooting gear market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Shooting Gear Market
- The changing political scenario and heavy investment in the defense sector have led to the development of weapons and facilities which demand advanced gear for protection and testing. The rise in training and coaching facilities is projected to further fuel the shooting gear market during the forecast period. The military segment is expected to account for highest share in the global shooting gear market during the forecast period.
- Shooting is a popular sport in many countries, which has led to shooting competitions across the globe. The rising involvement of women in the field of shooting coupled with the growing popularity of the sport is likely to drive the shooting gear market during the forecast period in the recreational segment.
- The shooting sports industry is using social media platforms to encourage people to take part in shooting as a family activity. The trend of night shooting is on the rise and it is set to generate demand for advanced gear. The recreational segment of the shooting gear market is anticipated to witness healthy growth during the forecast period.
- Shooting gear manufacturers are investing in R&D to be able to keep up with the market demand. Manufacturers are also trying to enter new geographies by collaborating with shooting facilities. Developing nations are projected to be major markets for shooting gear during the forecast period.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Shooting Gear Market
- In terms of geography, the global shooting gear market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- North America is expected to dominate the global shooting gear market due to presence of many shooting ranges coupled with easy availability of guns and increasing investment in the military and defense segment.
- The market in North America is expected to be followed by markets in Europe and Asia Pacific. The Asia Pacific shooting gear market is likely to grow at a rapid rate due to increasing disposable income and increasing involvement of consumers in recreational activities.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Major players operating in the global shooting gear market include:
- Anschütz Handels GmbH
- Centra Feinwerktechnik GmbH
- Creedmoor Sports Inc.
- Edgewood Shooting Bags
- Gehmann GmbH & Co. KG
- Int'l Training Concepts Inc.
- Mack's - McKeon Products, Inc.
- Protektor Model
- TEC-HRO shooting equipment GmbH & Co. KG
Global Shooting Gear Market: Research Scope
Global Shooting Gear Market, by Product Type
- Ammo Boxes/Ammo Cans
- Cheek Rests
- Data Books
- Gun Cases
- Hearing & Eye Protection
- Shooting Gloves
- Shooting Mats & Kneeling Rolls
- Shooting Rests/Bipods/Sandbags
- Stools & Range Carts
- Wind Meters/Wind Charts
- Others (Chronographs, Safety Devices, etc.)
Global Shooting Gear Market, by Price
Global Shooting Gear Market, by End-user
Global Shooting Gear Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Websites
- Company Owned Websites
- Specialty Stores
- Direct Sales