Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market: Introduction
- The single most essential piece of equipment in each container terminal is the ship-to-shore (STS) crane. STS cranes are huge dockside gantry cranes used to load and unload intermodal containers at container ports. Lifting capacity and the size of container ships they deal with are the two most common classifications. The crane is handled by a highly trained crane operator from a cabin suspended from the trolley at the upper end of the crane. The operator is the one who lifts the container off the ship or dock for cargo unloading or loading. The market for ship-to-shore cranes is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of the Global Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market
- Ports are one of the foundations of international economic dynamics, created by infrastructure and logistics that serve as the initial point of contact for goods and people arriving on their way to other destinations. The worldwide trend of transporting large volumes of cargo between nations has raised demand for ship-to-shore cranes for the purpose of loading and unloading activities at ports in a short amount of time. During the forecast period, the market for ship-to-shore cranes is predicted to grow at a fast rate.
- Technological advancements include automation and remote operation of STS cranes through joysticks or computers. Furthermore, increased operational efficiency and optimal power intake resulting in lower energy consumption are a few of the reasons that are likely to drive the adoption of ship-to-shore cranes at ports globally during the forecast period.
- Ship-to-shore cranes provide a number of advantages and benefits, including lower self-weight and center of gravity, high reliability and minimum downtime, low lifecycle costs, and anti-sway reeving, to name a few. Ship-to-shore cranes are expected to see increased usage in ports over the forecast period due to their several advantages and benefits.
- However, during the forecast period, the market for ship-to-shore cranes is anticipated to be hampered by high installation costs, high maintenance costs, and a shortage of components and equipment necessary to put up cranes in remote and undeveloped locations.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of the Global Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market
- In terms of region, the ship-to-shore cranes market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- During the forecast period, Asia Pacific is estimated to account for dominant share of the worldwide ship-to-shore cranes market. Container traffic in the region has risen exponentially as a result of increasing demand for products. This factor is expected to encourage port growth in Asia Pacific. The Asia Pacific region's rising container traffic has prompted governments to invest in port expansion. This is expected to encourage the installation of devices which are critical in container handling operations such as ship-to-shore cranes.
Key Players Operating in the Global Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market
- Anupam Industries Limited
- Cargotec Corporation
- Dana Limited
- Konecranes Oyj
- Liebherr-International AG
- Mac Port - Port Operators Machinery SRL
- Noell Crane Systems (China) Limited
- Shanghai Zhenhua Heavy Industries Co., Ltd.
- Wison Group
Global Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market: Research Scope
Global Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market, by Outreach
- Less than 40 m
- 40 m to 50 m
- Above 50 m
Global Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market, by Lifting Capacity
- Panamax Ship-to-Shore Cranes
- Post Panamax Ship-to-Shore Cranes
- Super-Post Panamax Ship-to-Shore Cranes
Global Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market, by Lift Configuration
Global Ship-to-Shore Cranes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!