Global Shade Net Market: An Overview
A shade net is generally a synthetic fiber net made up of HDPE plastic, which reduces the intensity of direct sunlight according to the necessity of crops or others. Shade nets are used to protect agro products such as plants, vegetables, fruits, and flowers from birds, insects, weather, etc. Therefore, the global shade net market is influenced by the driving factors of agro business. Synthetic fibers used in the manufacturing of shade nets are long-lasting, durable, are easy to install, and have high tensile strength, which drives the demand for these nets. Some plants and crops get affected when they are directly exposed to excessive sunlight, and this increases the demand for shade nets. Poultry farming, commercial farming, and sedentary farming are also done under shade nets. These nets provide uniform shade leading to the better yield of crops. There has been increase in demand from end users such as waterparks, restaurant-resorts, car parking businesses, and playgrounds for the purpose of shading and fencing. More than 20% of fibers from the textile industry is believed to be utilized for shade nets.
Global Shade Net Market: Dynamics
The global shade net market is forecast to grow, owing to the expanding agro-business and technological developments in agricultural processes. The continuous rise in population has increased the demand for agricultural goods. Technological developments in agricultural processes are also increasing the demand for shade nets. Agro shade nets, hail protection nets, thermal nets, insect proofing nets, bird protection nets, and UV stabilized agro ropes are the varieties of shade nets, and are developed according to the requirements of end users. The demand for shade nets has also increased from non-agriculture sectors for fencing, shading, and safety. The global shade net market is also driven by the building and construction industry for safety purposes. Some roads are also covered with shade nets to protect them from excess wind that causes disturbance while driving. Increasing safety rules and regulations by road safety authorities are also expected to drive the growth of the global shade net market.
Global Shade Net Market: Segmentation
The global shade net market is segmented as follows -
By material, the global shade net market is segmented into –
- Polyethylene Thread
- HDPE Plastic
- Synthetic Fiber
By shade type, the global shade net market is segmented into –
- 90% Shade Nets
- 75% Shade Nets
- 50% Shade Nets
By product type, the global shade net market is segmented into –
- Green X Black (UV Protection Nets)
- Black x Black (Heat Protection Nets)
- White x Black (Light Protection Nets)
- Green x Green (Enhance Photosynthesis)
By application, the global shade net market is segmented into –
- Animal Husbandry
- Terrace Gardening & Fencing
- Building Repairs & Construction
- Horticulture and Floriculture
- Vermi Compost Units
- Restaurant-resort Shading
- Waterpark & Swimming Pool Shading and Fencing
- Poultry Farming
Global Shade Net Market: Regional Outlook
Shade nets are utilized in animal husbandry, agriculture, horticulture, and floriculture. The rising demand for shade nets from both, the agricultural and non-agriculture sectors is forecasted to persist in the near future. A large market for shade nets is the Asia Pacific region, which is expected to observe higher demand as compared to other regions during the forecast period. Growing economies such as China, Japan, and India are expected to show increased demand.
Recent Developments in the Global Shade Net Market
- On 23 February 2017, the National Research Foundation of South Africa stated that, “spectral quality of photo-selective shade netting improves antioxidants and quality in selected fresh product after postharvest storage”.
- On 8 January 2019, the Telangana (India) government, the district horticultural and sericulture department, announced that the department will provide shade nets at 50% subsidy to farmers interested in cultivating vegetables during the summer.
Global Shade Net Market: Key Players
Some of the leading players operating in the shade net market are as follows –
- Fiberweb (India) Ltd.
- Freudenberg & Co. KG
- Low & Bonar PLC
- Shakti Polyweave Pvt.
- Acme Mills (Pvt.) Ltd.
- Garware Technical Fibres Ltd.
- Don and Low Ltd.
- Koninklijke Ten Cate bv.
- Gujarat Craft Industries Ltd.
- UNIMIN India, Ltd.
- JX Nippon ANC, Inc.
The shade net market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The shade net market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Regional analysis includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia
- A detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the shade net market
- Historical, current, and projected size of the shade net market regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape and strategies for key players operating in the market, and products offered by them
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on the performance of the shade net market
- Must-have information for shade net market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint