SFG Measurement System Market
SFG Measurement System Market (System Type: Traditional Stylus-based Surface Finish Measuring Systems, Roundness/Form Measurement Systems, 2D Contour Measuring System, 3D measurement Systems, and Others; Method: Contact and Non-contact; End-use Industry: Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Optical & Metal Bearing, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Energy & Power, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Business Continuity with Least Amount of Disruption Implemented amid COVID-19 Crisis
Companies in the SFG measurement system market are placing high priority on maintaining business continuity in important industries such as optics, medical, and defense sectors during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Surface Measurement Systems - a developer of innovative experimental techniques and instrumentation for physico-chemical characterization of complex solids, is taking steps to meet mission-critical projects in essential industries with least amount of disruption as possible. Companies are implementing a series of policies to protect employees and their families, as well as clients & partners to safeguard their health during the pandemic.
The poor market sentiment is slowing down the growth of the SFG measurement system market. However, mass vaccination programs are anticipated to gradually revive market growth. Companies are focusing their business in countries where lockdown measures are being relaxed. They are adhering to National Government guidelines to avoid interruptions in business activities.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the SFG Measurement System Market
Companies Gain Strong Research in SFG Spectra at Uncharged Graphene/Water Interface
Companies in the SFG measurement system market are boosting their R&D efforts to study the properties of water with the help of an electrified graphene electrode via classical molecular dynamics simulations. It has been found that the value of the applied electrode potential has dramatic effects on the structure and dynamics of interfacial water molecules.
Vibrational sum-frequency generation (SFG) suggests itself as a tool, since it has been successfully used to characterize water molecules at a range of aqueous interfaces, including air/water, alkane/water, and silica/water interfaces. However, the buried interface between an aqueous solution and an electrochemical material presents a considerable challenge. Hence, companies are gaining a strong research in experiments encouraging SFG spectra at an uncharged graphene/water interface with its successful implementation in an electrochemical cell.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
SFG Vibrational Spectrometers Capable of High Spectral & Spatial Resolution
The application of SFG vibrational spectroscopy is growing popular in the investigation of surfaces and interfaces of solids, liquids, polymers, and biological membranes, among others. EKSPLA - a laser manufacturing company based in Lithuania, is capitalizing on this opportunity to provide SFG vibrational spectrometers that support studies of surface structure, chemical composition, and molecular orientation. These spectrometers help in characterization of vibrational bonds of molecules at surfaces or interfaces.
Companies in the SFG measurement system market are developing SFG vibrational spectrometers that are intrinsically surface specific and selective to adsorbed species. They are developing systems that are sensitive to submonolayer of molecules. SFG vibrational spectrometers that are applicable to all interfaces accessible to light and capable of high spectral & spatial resolution.
Speed, Operability Preferred in Contour, Surface Roughness Measurement Systems
Revolutionary measuring systems are transforming the SFG measurement system market. Mitutoyo Corporation - a Japanese multinational corporation specializing in measuring instruments and metrological technology, is gaining recognition for its contour and surface roughness measuring systems called the FORMTRACER Avant Series. The SFG measurement system market is predicted to expand at a favorable CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of hybrid measuring systems that allow measurements of contour and surface roughness.
Increased speed and operability is being preferred in contour and surface roughness measuring systems. Manufacturers are deploying expandability in contour and surface measurement systems, which allow upgrade to a complex system by integrating a detector. Continuous upper/lower surface measurement combined with a measurement adjustable feature is being achieved in contour measuring systems.
Roundness Measuring Systems Designed to Deliver High Accuracy Measurement of Injectors
The SFG measurement system market is expected to reach the valuation of US$ 1.6 Bn by 2031. Manufacturers in the SFG measurement system market are building their portfolio in roundness, surface finish, and contour measuring systems to expand their income streams. Taylor Hobson - an ultra-precision technology company is being publicized for its contact and non-contact measurement systems that are ideal for precision components, including bearings, fuel injectors, turbocharger parts, and crankshafts.
Non-contact, optical 3D form measuring systems are being developed by manufacturers in the SFG measurement system market, and are suitable for the inspection of roundness, straightness, parallelism and roughness of precision components. These systems are being designed to deliver high accuracy measurement of injectors, lens barrels, hydraulic components, and precision bores, among others. On the other hand, the multi-part high precision roundness is a brand new inspection concept combining roughness, roundness, and contour on a fully automated inspection system.
Demand for Optical 3D Measuring Systems for Use in Mechanical Engineering Applications
Stakeholders in the SFG measurement system market are designing optical 3D measuring systems on the basis of modern imaging 3D measurement techniques. The Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Optics and Precision Engineering (IOF) is bolstering its research in optical 3D measuring systems for various applications on the basis of digital projection technology, modern imaging 3D measurement techniques, and novel microoptical projection-technology. Manufacturers are taking cues from such innovations to develop 3D measuring systems that are suitable for quality control in tool-making, mold making, and mechanical engineering industries.
Since automotive industry is projected to dominate the highest revenue among all end-use industries in the SFG measurement system market, it is evident that optical 3D measuring systems are in high demand for automotive applications.
Single Machine for Measuring Form of Precision Components Delivers Cost Efficiency
In the industrial manufacturing metrology, there is a need for quick and easy measurement of work-piece profiles. A wide variety of measuring tasks is translating into revenue opportunities for companies in the SFG measurement system market. These tasks demand greater precision and optimum measuring strategies with the help of contour measurement systems. In order to reduce the cost and time associated with measuring tasks, there is a growing demand for a single machine for measuring form, position, roughness, and contour of precision components.
Mahr Metrology - an application specialist that offers an extensive range of products and solutions for measuring tasks, is combining decades of experience in contour metrology with the feedback of its customers to design contour measuring systems. Contour evaluation helps to record and document roughness parameters for testing workpieces.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on SFG Measurement System Market
Companies in the SFG measurement system market are adopting contingency planning to deploy business continuity in optics, medical, and defense applications during the coronavirus pandemic. Optical 3D measuring systems are gaining prominence in medicine and forensic science applications. However, there is a demand to achieve time and cost efficiency for the testing of precision components. Hence, manufacturers should design a single machine for measuring form, roughness, and contour of work-pieces. On the other hand, manufacturers should increase focus in multi-part high precision roundness inspection concept with the help of fully automated inspection systems to reduce the number of inspection operations.
SFG Measurement System Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global SFG measurement system market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2021–2031, increasing demand for surface measurement systems and application of SFG measurements instruments in spectroscopy are key factors that are expected to boost the global SFG measurement system market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global SFG measurement system market is projected to reach the value of US$ 1.6 Bn by 2031, at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period
Application of SFG Measurements Instruments in Spectroscopy: A Key Driver
- Demand for SFG measurements is considerably high for surface recognition and shaping equipment and parts in automotive, aerospace & defense, optics and metal bearing, medical& pharmaceuticals, energy & power and other industries.
- SFG systems are utilized to deduce the composition, orientation distribution, and structural information of molecules at gas–solid, gas–liquid, and liquid–solid interfaces
- Increase in demand for manufacturing applications is a key factor driving the demand for SFG measurement systems, owing to their use in spectroscopy. It is a nonlinear laser spectroscopy technique used to analyze surfaces and interfaces. Sum frequency generation (SFG) spectrometer is based on picosecond pump laser and optical parametric generator (OPG) with difference frequency generation (DFG) extension. Sum Frequency Generation Vibrational Spectroscopy (SFG-VS) is another method that is powerful and versatile method for in-situ investigation of surfaces and interfaces.
- Increasing application of SFG measurement instruments in spectroscopy is estimated to propel the market at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Adoption of Advanced Optical Measurement Solutions Creating Opportunities for SFG Measurement System Market
- Benefits of optical measuring technology are its high point density and speed. Manufacturers use various systems such as multisensory coordinate measuring machines in the white-light sensors for non-contact surface assessment and topography measurement, plus the latest 3D scanners.
- Manufacturers are providing a complete line of non-contact metrology instruments that measure surface form for flatness, parallelism, height, depth, surface finish, roughness or thickness, with sub-micron to nanometer accuracy in few seconds. This can all be carried out with ease through optical measurement solutions
- Some of the other products used for the measurement include new tunable lasers, optical power meters, and polarization instruments that are optimized to work together and their applications are simple and can be operated remotely without installing additional software both over the LAN and USB interfaces. Application software are used for support integration in advanced use cases.
- Thus, adoption of these advanced optical measurement solutions and new developments in optical measurement are expected to offer significant opportunities in the SFG measurement systems market
SFG Measurement System Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of SFG measurement system have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global SFG measurement system market are
- Mahr GmbH
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Hexagon AB
- JENOPTIK AG
- KEYENCE Corporation
- Mitutoyo Corporation
- Taylor Hobson
- TOKYO SEIMITSU CO., LTD.
SFG Measurement System Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of SFG measurement systems, such as TOKYO SEIMITSU CO., LTD, Starrett, Mitutoyo Corporation, and Mahr GmbH are focusing on new acquisitions, investments, and product launches to expand and offer new products to customers. Some other key developments in the global SFG measurement system market have been highlighted below:
- In February 2019, TOKYO SEIMITSU CO., LTD entered into a share transfer agreement under which TOKYO SEIMITSU CO., LTD. acquired 80% of outstanding shares made it a subsidiary. Subsequently, in June 2019, Fujitsu Telecom Networks Fukushima Ltd. changed its name to Accretech Powertro System Co., Ltd.
- In August 2020, Starrett introduced more than 100 Electronic Digital Micrometers with new features for improved ergonomics, functionality, and productivity. The new Electronic Micrometers range from the No. 733.1 Outside Micrometers to a wide array of application-specific models.
- In the global SFG measurement system market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of SFG measurement system systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global SFG measurement system market.
SFG Measurement System Market – Scope of Report
A new study on the global SFG measurement system market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global SFG measurement system market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global SFG measurement system market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global SFG measurement system market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global SFG measurement system market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global SFG measurement system market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global SFG measurement system market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on SFG Measurement System Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global SFG measurement system market between 2020 and 2031?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technology on the global SFG measurement system market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of SFG measurement system over the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global SFG measurement system market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global SFG measurement system market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global SFG measurement system market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global SFG measurement system market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global SFG measurement system market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global SFG measurement system market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global SFG measurement system market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global SFG measurement system market more reliable and accurate.
SFG Measurement System Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global SFG measurement system market divides the market based on metallic cover type, armor material, end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global SFG measurement system market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.