The global sexual wellness market has been growing at a phenomenal pace in the past few years due to rising number of adults in total population. Sexual wellness means attainment of physical, mental, and sexual prosperity by individuals. Items, such as, attractive lingerie, condoms and contraceptives, individual ointments, sex toys, and others, for example, testing cards and pregnancy testing units, sexual improvement supplements, sex diversions, and vaginal sexual wellbeing items, which ensure security and joy of sexual experiences, are viewed as sexual health wellness items. Global health organizations and efforts of voluntary organizations for the betterment of women health in underdeveloped countries are also stoking the demand for sexual wellness products, especially sex toys. These organizations conduct adult health awareness workshops periodically for preventive care. In addition, modern lifestyle and personal and health awareness have also been key factors behind the growth of the global sexual wellness market.
Interest for sexual items from the growing economies, growing e-commerce retailing, rise in incidence of AIDS/HIV and STDs, and increase in awareness regarding sexual health items are pushing strong market development. Moreover, creative condom outlines and silicone-based ointments are picking up the trend, developing interest of women in buying such products. These are the significant patterns seen in the current market. However, undesirable reactions due to presence of harmful chemicals in items, reservations and societal hindrances, imitation of products, and accessibility of substitutes for condoms are the challenges faced by the global sexual wellness market.
The global sexual wellness market can be segmented on the basis of product type, distribution channel, and region. Based on product type, the global sexual wellness market can be divided into contraceptives, condoms, sex toys, lubricants, sexual enhancement supplements, and others. Among these segments, sex toys has gained the dominant share of the sexual wellness market during the current year. The segment is likely to retain its leading position in the market during the forecast period owing to increase in acceptance and availability of the product in the market. Sex toys are also available with different branding concepts and packaging art, with manufacturers putting their logos and brand names on the products. Also, the latest introduction of sex toys, which are waterproof and can be used in the bath tub, has boosted the market for sex toys, globally. In terms of distribution channel, the sexual wellness market can be classified into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, and online pharmacy. The retail pharmacy accounts for the leading share of the sexual wellness market due to the preference of customers for buying equipment from retail pharmacies which are easily accessible.
Geographically, the global sexual wellness market can be distributed into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to remain the leading market for sexual wellness globally, followed by Europe, due to increase in awareness about sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and rising prevalence of sexual dysfunction cases in the region. The sexual wellness market in Asia Pacific is estimated to grow rapidly during the forecast period owing to increase in use of sexual wellness toys in the region. Increase in patient population and advancement in health care facilities are also fuelling the growth of the market in Asia Pacific.
Major players operating in the sexual wellness market include Fuji Latex, Ansell, Doc Johnson, BioFilm Inc, The Female Health Company, Church & Dwight, Raymond Group, Mayer Laboratories Inc., Kheper Games, HLL Lifecare, Intimate Organics, Vee Excel Drugs and Pharmaceuticals, LoveHoney Pjur, Mankind Pharma, Reckitt Benckiser Group, and Trigg Laboratories.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.