Service Provider Router Market: Introduction
- A router is a network device that transfers data packets between computer networks. Routers that work on layer 2 and layer 3 of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model are known as service provider routers.
Service Provider Router Market: Dynamics
Rise in Industrial Revolution 4.0 Accelerated Demand for Service Provider Routers for Strong Networking
- Rise in industrial revolution 4.0 has accelerated adoption of machine-to-machine connected devices and industrial robots in various industries. Increase in adoption of industrial robotics to decrease production costs by reducing production waste and time, improve quality, reliability, and security requires strong networking to send data packets for m2m communication. For instance, according to the International Federation of Robotics, in 2017, the supply of industrial robots was 381,000 units globally. This supply is expected to reach 630,000 units by 2021. Similarly, increase in adoption of advanced technologies such as IoT/machine-to-machine (m2m) is a key factor driving the market. For instance, by 2022, number of m2m connected devices is expected to reach 14.6 million. Hence, rise of industrial revolution 4.0 has fueled the need for strong networking which, in turn, has boosted the demand for the service provider router market.
- In addition, increase in adoption of cloud platform has accelerated the service provider router market globally. Organizations adopt cloud platform for task automation and cost optimization. Deployment of cloud platform helps organizations for better control on pricing and better utilization of advanced technology development. Increase in computing instances on cloud data centers is a key factor driving the service provider router market. By 2021, 94% of the workload and computing instances are estimated to be processed at cloud data centers, with only 6% processed at traditional data centers.
North America Expected to Hold Major Share in Global Service Provider Router Market
- Based on region, the service provider router market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant position in the global service provider router market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the service provider router market in this region. The dominant position of the market in the region can be attributed to presence of market leaders such as Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Cisco Systems, Inc., and Nokia Corporation and increasing complexity in network infrastructure.
- The service provider router market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries which drive the service provider router market in the region. Increase in number of enterprises shifting from conventional platforms to cloud platforms fuels the market in the Asia Pacific.
Service Provider Edge Router Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- Based on router type, the service provider router market is segmented into service provider core router and service provider edge router. The service provider edge router segment held a dominant position in the market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period with a high growth rate. Increase in requirement of a strong network which connects billions of devices have accelerated the demand for service provider edge router which have an ability to provide service to residential and business on a common Infrastructure.
Key players operating in the global service provider router market:
- Some of the key players in the global service provider router market are listed below:
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A
- ZTE Corporation
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Figure: Global service provider router market, by competative landscape
Global service provider router market: research scope
Global service provider router market, by router type
- Service Provider Core Routers
- Service Provider Edge Routers
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Figure: Global service provider router market, by router type
Global service provider router market, by region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global service provider router market, by region
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.