Service Provider Router Market: Introduction
- A router is a network device that transfers data packets between computer networks. Routers that work on layer 2 and layer 3 of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model are known as service provider routers.
Service Provider Router Market: Dynamics
Rise in Industrial Revolution 4.0 Accelerated Demand for Service Provider Routers for Strong Networking
- Rise in industrial revolution 4.0 has accelerated adoption of machine-to-machine connected devices and industrial robots in various industries. Increase in adoption of industrial robotics to decrease production costs by reducing production waste and time, improve quality, reliability, and security requires strong networking to send data packets for m2m communication. For instance, according to the International Federation of Robotics, in 2017, the supply of industrial robots was 381,000 units globally. This supply is expected to reach 630,000 units by 2021. Similarly, increase in adoption of advanced technologies such as IoT/machine-to-machine (m2m) is a key factor driving the market. For instance, by 2022, number of m2m connected devices is expected to reach 14.6 million. Hence, rise of industrial revolution 4.0 has fueled the need for strong networking which, in turn, has boosted the demand for the service provider router market.
- In addition, increase in adoption of cloud platform has accelerated the service provider router market globally. Organizations adopt cloud platform for task automation and cost optimization. Deployment of cloud platform helps organizations for better control on pricing and better utilization of advanced technology development. Increase in computing instances on cloud data centers is a key factor driving the service provider router market. By 2021, 94% of the workload and computing instances are estimated to be processed at cloud data centers, with only 6% processed at traditional data centers.
North America Expected to Hold Major Share in Global Service Provider Router Market
- Based on region, the service provider router market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America held a dominant position in the global service provider router market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period. The U.S. and Canada are major countries that drive the service provider router market in this region. The dominant position of the market in the region can be attributed to presence of market leaders such as Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Cisco Systems, Inc., and Nokia Corporation and increasing complexity in network infrastructure.
- The service provider router market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. India, China, Japan, and Australia are some of the key countries which drive the service provider router market in the region. Increase in number of enterprises shifting from conventional platforms to cloud platforms fuels the market in the Asia Pacific.
Service Provider Edge Router Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- Based on router type, the service provider router market is segmented into service provider core router and service provider edge router. The service provider edge router segment held a dominant position in the market in 2018 and is expected to retain its dominance throughout the forecast period with a high growth rate. Increase in requirement of a strong network which connects billions of devices have accelerated the demand for service provider edge router which have an ability to provide service to residential and business on a common Infrastructure.
Key players operating in the global service provider router market:
- Some of the key players in the global service provider router market are listed below:
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd
- Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Nokia Corporation
- Juniper Networks, Inc.
- Alcatel-Lucent S.A
- ZTE Corporation
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Figure: Global service provider router market, by competative landscape
Global service provider router market: research scope
Global service provider router market, by router type
- Service Provider Core Routers
- Service Provider Edge Routers
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Figure: Global service provider router market, by router type
Global service provider router market, by region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Figure: Global service provider router market, by region
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.