Service Mesh - Introduction
- Service mesh is an infrastructure communication layer that facilitates service-to-service communication within different services over the network.
- Service mesh manages the communication between various microservices, which help deliver comparative and compelling digital experiences to customers by modifying microservice applications.
- Service mesh is a transparent communication layer implemented by proxy instances known as sidecar, which handles the communication and monitoring of each service instance.
- Enterprises need to adopt service mesh technology to handle lucrative business transactions in a smooth manner and for the comprehensive expansion of business operations.
Global Service Mesh Market: Dynamics
Global Service Mesh Market: Key Drivers
- Rapid adoption of service mesh in various industry verticals to improve observability and to turn the large amount of micro service-based application data into intelligence is expected to boost the demand for service mesh during the forecast period
- Demand for adoption of service mesh is increasing daily to improve the efficiency and security of an application. This is a key factor estimated to propel the service mesh market during the forecast period.
- Adoption of various service mesh platform intercepts to control the traffic within deployment and secure the communication between micro services is a key factor that is anticipated to boost the demand for service mesh.
- Complex architecture of micro services is expected to restrain the service mesh market
- New product launches and expansion of service mesh technology in various sectors offers various opportunities for the service mesh market
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Service Mesh Market
- Increase in cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. The pandemic has created disruptions in several markets including the service mesh market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has compelled several companies to slow down the invention and production of new applications due to permanent and temporary shutdown of numerous companies from various industries. This has had a negative impact on the service mesh market during the lockdown situation.
- This factor hampered the service mesh market in 2020, as compared to 2019
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Service Mesh Market
- In terms of region, the global service mesh market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is projected to dominate the service mesh market during the forecast period due to the presence of several large and emerging players offering service mesh in the U.S. and Canada. Moreover, an increase in rate of adoption of advanced IT infrastructure generates more network traffic, which is expected to exert high demand for adoption of service mesh in the region in order to manage this traffic.
- Increase in adoption of service mesh technology in large and small enterprises to manage the transition of new applications in Asia Pacific is projected to drive the service mesh market in the region
- Rising digitalization in various industries in Europe is estimated to boost the demand for service mesh in the region
- Rapid business expansion and establishment of new companies in Middle East & Africa is projected to fuel the adoption of service mesh in the region
Global Service Mesh Market: Competition Landscape
- Several players have a strong presence in the service mesh market owing to rapid technological advancements that are expected in the next few years
- In February 2021, HashiCorp, Inc., a prominent player of the service mesh market in San Francisco, launched the new, fully managed service mesh solution named HashiCorp Consul and Vault, on the HashiCorp cloud platform to reduce the burden of enterprises and to improve data transition to the cloud
Key Players Operating in the Global Service Mesh Market Include:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- A10 Networks, Inc.
- Alcide.IO Ltd.
- Buoyant, Inc.
- EC-Council International Limited
- Envoy, Inc.
- F5, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- HashiCorp, Inc.
- Kong Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Red Hat, Inc.
- Solo.io, Inc.
- Tetrate.io, Inc.
- Traefik Labs
Global Service Mesh Market: Research Scope
Global Service Mesh Market, by Type
- Service Mesh Without Kubernetes
Global Service Mesh Market, by Deployment
Global Service Mesh Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium Enterprises
Global Service Mesh Market, by End-user
- Commercial Building
- Logistics & Transportation
Global Service Mesh Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.