Service Mesh - Introduction
- Service mesh is an infrastructure communication layer that facilitates service-to-service communication within different services over the network.
- Service mesh manages the communication between various microservices, which help deliver comparative and compelling digital experiences to customers by modifying microservice applications.
- Service mesh is a transparent communication layer implemented by proxy instances known as sidecar, which handles the communication and monitoring of each service instance.
- Enterprises need to adopt service mesh technology to handle lucrative business transactions in a smooth manner and for the comprehensive expansion of business operations.
Global Service Mesh Market: Dynamics
Global Service Mesh Market: Key Drivers
- Rapid adoption of service mesh in various industry verticals to improve observability and to turn the large amount of micro service-based application data into intelligence is expected to boost the demand for service mesh during the forecast period
- Demand for adoption of service mesh is increasing daily to improve the efficiency and security of an application. This is a key factor estimated to propel the service mesh market during the forecast period.
- Adoption of various service mesh platform intercepts to control the traffic within deployment and secure the communication between micro services is a key factor that is anticipated to boost the demand for service mesh.
- Complex architecture of micro services is expected to restrain the service mesh market
- New product launches and expansion of service mesh technology in various sectors offers various opportunities for the service mesh market
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Service Mesh Market
- Increase in cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown. The pandemic has created disruptions in several markets including the service mesh market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has compelled several companies to slow down the invention and production of new applications due to permanent and temporary shutdown of numerous companies from various industries. This has had a negative impact on the service mesh market during the lockdown situation.
- This factor hampered the service mesh market in 2020, as compared to 2019
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Service Mesh Market
- In terms of region, the global service mesh market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America is projected to dominate the service mesh market during the forecast period due to the presence of several large and emerging players offering service mesh in the U.S. and Canada. Moreover, an increase in rate of adoption of advanced IT infrastructure generates more network traffic, which is expected to exert high demand for adoption of service mesh in the region in order to manage this traffic.
- Increase in adoption of service mesh technology in large and small enterprises to manage the transition of new applications in Asia Pacific is projected to drive the service mesh market in the region
- Rising digitalization in various industries in Europe is estimated to boost the demand for service mesh in the region
- Rapid business expansion and establishment of new companies in Middle East & Africa is projected to fuel the adoption of service mesh in the region
Global Service Mesh Market: Competition Landscape
- Several players have a strong presence in the service mesh market owing to rapid technological advancements that are expected in the next few years
- In February 2021, HashiCorp, Inc., a prominent player of the service mesh market in San Francisco, launched the new, fully managed service mesh solution named HashiCorp Consul and Vault, on the HashiCorp cloud platform to reduce the burden of enterprises and to improve data transition to the cloud
Key Players Operating in the Global Service Mesh Market Include:
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- A10 Networks, Inc.
- Alcide.IO Ltd.
- Buoyant, Inc.
- EC-Council International Limited
- Envoy, Inc.
- F5, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- HashiCorp, Inc.
- Kong Inc.
- Microsoft Corporation
- Red Hat, Inc.
- Solo.io, Inc.
- Tetrate.io, Inc.
- Traefik Labs
Global Service Mesh Market: Research Scope
Global Service Mesh Market, by Type
- Service Mesh Without Kubernetes
Global Service Mesh Market, by Deployment
Global Service Mesh Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium Enterprises
Global Service Mesh Market, by End-user
- Commercial Building
- Logistics & Transportation
Global Service Mesh Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!