A service delivery platform (SDP) denotes a set of hardware and software components, which help in creating, delivering, and managing services offered over a telecommunications network. SDP is commonly used in the context of telecommunications, but it can be applied to any system that provides a service including voice over internet protocol (VOIP) telephone, internet protocol TV, internet service, or SaaS. SDP is a framework that is oriented to multiple networks, supports a variety of applications, and delivers comprehensive services to users. SDPs require integration of IT capabilities and the creation of services that cross technology and network boundaries and provides a platform for session control, service creation, protocols and execution to the end users. This system serves both individual customers as well as business organizations.
With telecom operators facing challenges in the form of falling average revenue per user in both fixed line and mobile networks, operators are focusing on offering a wider range of value added services to customers. Telecommunication industry has incorporated this solution to develop & deploy converged multimedia services such as audio/video conferencing, thereby expanding range of services offerings. For instance the emergence of application stores, to create, host, and deliver applications for smartphones has focused on SDPs as a means for communication service providers (CSPs). SDP acts as middleware platforms and provides an optimized service exchange between facility providers, telecom network operators, content providers and the consumers. This also aids facilitate reduction in operational cost and in lowering time-to-market of new services. Reduced marketing time and an increase in market penetration are supposed to open up ample opportunities to the industry participants. Machine-to-machine and cloud computing are some new areas that open up new emerging opportunities to service providers.
Service Delivery Platform (SDP) is an enterprise application implementing service oriented architecture (SOA) concepts, which is a component model linking services by a contract between services through well-defined interface.
Global service delivery platform market is expected to make steady growth during the coming few years, which is a vital sign for the existing as well as potential businesses. Every sector witnessed stiff competition among industry participants, which resulted in vendors investing heavily in developing better delivery platforms. Popularity for several other communication platforms, growing need for data transfer and content related facilities via several communication modes, is expected to propel the market growth over the forecast period. Rising demand, constantly evolving technology, growth in the emerging markets and growth in wireless deployments sector due to rise in smart device usage, are some major drivers for the industry.
High initial investment cost is expected to hinder the industry growth. Moreover, security concerns are anticipated to have an adverse impact on the industry demand. Performance related complexities among vendors are scheduled to restrain the production growth shortly.
The global market for service delivery platform market is segmented on the basis of services, software and geography. The services can be further classified as consulting and integration. On the basis of Sub segments the market can be segmented into telecom application servers, mobile content management and delivery, policy management, subscriber data management Moreover, on the basis of geography the global market is classified into North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, Asia Pacific and South America.
North America is expected to dominate the market, due to the constant research and development initiatives along with increased implementation. Emerging countries of Asia Pacific and Central & South America are expected to experience rapid growth in IT and telecom sectors due to brisk industrialization & urbanization.
Key vendor in the service delivery platform market includes Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs Inc., APEX Communications, Broadcast Inc., CA Technologies Inc., Comverse Inc., Hewlett- Packard Development Company Ltd., Oracle Corporations, Tata Consultancy Services Ltd., Nokia Siemens Network, Telenity, ZTE Corporations, Viaccess-Orca, Opencloud, Aepona, Ericsson and Huawei among others.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.