Sensitive Data Discovery: Introduction
- At present, sensitive & confidential data exists in unstructured and structured data formats across production and non-production environments. Sensitive data discovery software provides automated and dependable content analysis. The software also tracks information across the network, including NAS and SAN storage, file shares, and SharePoints sites.
- Sensitive data discovery tools reduce the risk from manual and tedious processes by automatically tagging and classifying indirect, direct, and sensitive identifiers for efficient human inspection. Sensitive data discovery distinguishes data that is the most at risk to exposure, such as personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI).
- The global sensitive data discovery market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing adoption of sensitive data discovery among organizations across the globe.
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market: Dynamics
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technology has generated massive amounts of organized and unorganized data, which is expected to boost the adoption of sensitive data discovery tools during the forecast period.
- Additionally, growing investment in data privacy and security by end-users along with evolving regulations such as California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to protect sensitive data across the globe is anticipated to fuel the sensitive data discovery market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand to discover sensitive structured and unstructured data is estimated to boost the sensitive data discovery market during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, due to COVID-19, rise in number of remote workers and real-time data access are projected to boost the sensitive data discovery market in the forthcoming years.
- Rise in cases of security breach due to cloud misconfigurations is estimated to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Growing need to reduce the risk of infrastructure security and breaches is estimated to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Rise in rate of adoption of cloud computing technologies across various sectors is also projected to boost the adoption of sensitive data discovery market
- However, lack of skilled professional workforce and dependence on manual systems for sensitive data discovery is anticipated to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown and millions of employees are working from home for the first time, during this pandemic. This is expected to change the conservative corporate culture. Additionally, the e-health sector is leading to explosion of structured and unstructured data during the pandemic, which needs to be secured and managed efficiently to derive insights. Hence, adoption of sensitive data discovery in the healthcare sector is projected to rise during COVID-19. Additionally, the global spread of COVID-19 has led to several privacy, security, data protection, and compliance questions, which creates an opportunity for the adoption of sensitive data discovery. This in turn is projected to propel the global sensitive data discovery market during the COVID-19 pandemic.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market
- In terms of region, the global sensitive data discovery market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global sensitive data discovery market with the largest share mainly because of developed economies such as the United States and Canada. The U.S. is a key market in the region due to the early adoption of sensitive data discovery solutions.
- The sensitive data discovery market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing awareness about data privacy and security among organizations in key countries such as China, Japan, and India, which is expected to fuel the adoption of sensitive data discovery solutions and services. This is expected to drive the adoption of sensitive data discovery solutions in the region.
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and global players are active in the sensitive data discovery market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the market. Vendors of sensitive data discovery are focusing on inorganic growth strategies such as strategic collaborations and merger and acquisition with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market Include:
- IBM Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Amazon Web Services
- Google, LLC
- Hitachi Ltd.
- SolarWinds Corporation
- Thales Group S.A.
- Micro Focus International PLC
- Proofpoint, Inc.
- Netwrix Corporation
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market: Research Scope
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Component
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Deployment
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Application
- Security & Risk Management
- Asset Management
- Compliance Management
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by End-user
- Retail & e-commerce
- Telecom & IT
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.