Sensitive Data Discovery: Introduction
- At present, sensitive & confidential data exists in unstructured and structured data formats across production and non-production environments. Sensitive data discovery software provides automated and dependable content analysis. The software also tracks information across the network, including NAS and SAN storage, file shares, and SharePoints sites.
- Sensitive data discovery tools reduce the risk from manual and tedious processes by automatically tagging and classifying indirect, direct, and sensitive identifiers for efficient human inspection. Sensitive data discovery distinguishes data that is the most at risk to exposure, such as personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI).
- The global sensitive data discovery market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increasing adoption of sensitive data discovery among organizations across the globe.
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market: Dynamics
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market: Key Drivers
- Rise in adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) technology has generated massive amounts of organized and unorganized data, which is expected to boost the adoption of sensitive data discovery tools during the forecast period.
- Additionally, growing investment in data privacy and security by end-users along with evolving regulations such as California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to protect sensitive data across the globe is anticipated to fuel the sensitive data discovery market during the forecast period.
- Rise in demand to discover sensitive structured and unstructured data is estimated to boost the sensitive data discovery market during the forecast period.
- Furthermore, due to COVID-19, rise in number of remote workers and real-time data access are projected to boost the sensitive data discovery market in the forthcoming years.
- Rise in cases of security breach due to cloud misconfigurations is estimated to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Growing need to reduce the risk of infrastructure security and breaches is estimated to boost the market during the forecast period.
- Rise in rate of adoption of cloud computing technologies across various sectors is also projected to boost the adoption of sensitive data discovery market
- However, lack of skilled professional workforce and dependence on manual systems for sensitive data discovery is anticipated to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market
- Increasing cases of COVID-19 across the globe is resulting in economic slowdown and millions of employees are working from home for the first time, during this pandemic. This is expected to change the conservative corporate culture. Additionally, the e-health sector is leading to explosion of structured and unstructured data during the pandemic, which needs to be secured and managed efficiently to derive insights. Hence, adoption of sensitive data discovery in the healthcare sector is projected to rise during COVID-19. Additionally, the global spread of COVID-19 has led to several privacy, security, data protection, and compliance questions, which creates an opportunity for the adoption of sensitive data discovery. This in turn is projected to propel the global sensitive data discovery market during the COVID-19 pandemic.
North America to Hold Major Share of the Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market
- In terms of region, the global sensitive data discovery market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America dominated the global sensitive data discovery market with the largest share mainly because of developed economies such as the United States and Canada. The U.S. is a key market in the region due to the early adoption of sensitive data discovery solutions.
- The sensitive data discovery market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increasing awareness about data privacy and security among organizations in key countries such as China, Japan, and India, which is expected to fuel the adoption of sensitive data discovery solutions and services. This is expected to drive the adoption of sensitive data discovery solutions in the region.
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market: Competition Landscape
Several local, regional, and global players are active in the sensitive data discovery market with a strong presence. Rapid technological advancements have created significant opportunities in the market. Vendors of sensitive data discovery are focusing on inorganic growth strategies such as strategic collaborations and merger and acquisition with technology partners to develop innovative and advanced solutions to improve their offerings and market reach.
Key Players Operating in the Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market Include:
- IBM Corporation
- Microsoft Corporation
- Oracle Corporation
- Amazon Web Services
- Google, LLC
- Hitachi Ltd.
- SolarWinds Corporation
- Thales Group S.A.
- Micro Focus International PLC
- Proofpoint, Inc.
- Netwrix Corporation
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market: Research Scope
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Component
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Deployment
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Application
- Security & Risk Management
- Asset Management
- Compliance Management
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Enterprise Size
- Large Enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by End-user
- Retail & e-commerce
- Telecom & IT
Global Sensitive Data Discovery Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.