Semiconductor packaging material consists of material used for protecting electronic components such as ICs and semiconductors from external impact, corrosion and other similar factors. These materials are used in conjunction with various other advanced packaging technologies for packaging of integrated circuits and semiconductors.
Semiconductor packaging material can be classified in eight sub-types which include bonding wires, organic substrates, encapsulation resins, leadframes, die attach materials, ceramic packages, solder balls and thermal interface materials amongst others. The organic substrates accounts for the largest market share in semiconductor packaging material. Organic substrates are extensively used as base materials for semiconductor packaging. Bonding wires have been used widely as packaging material for semiconductors, but recently there has been a shift towards copper bonding wires for semiconductor packaging. The market for encapsulation resins is expected to witness strong growth in the next few years since encapsulation resins are relatively novel packaging materials. The semiconductor packaging materials are application specific and available across the globe. The various packaging technologies include GA, SOP, QFN, DFN, QFA and similar others which generally depends on the end-use.
The market for semiconductor packaging material is expected to witness strong growth in the next few years on account of explosive growth in communication and mobile computing devices such as tablets and smartphones across the globe. Growth in mobile devices is also anticipated to drive the demand for wafer level packages. With the continued growth in the mobile devices market the market for semiconductor packaging materials is expected to witness strong growth in the next few years. The increase in demand for semiconductor packaging material is expected to be in line with the growth in the electronics industry across the globe. The semiconductor packaging material market is currently concentrated in Asia Pacific due to vast electronic industry present in the region. With growing demand for electronics and mobile communication devices the demand for semiconductor packaging materials is also expected to witness robust growth in the next few years.
Owing to the growing electronics industry in Asia-Pacific region and increased demand for mobile computing devices particularly in countries such as China, India Indonesia etc. the demand for semiconductor packaging material is anticipated to witness strong growth in these regions. Asia Pacific was the dominant market for semiconductor packaging material followed by Europe and North America. In North America, U.S was one of the largest markets for semiconductor packaging material. U.S economy has been recently recovered and has been close to pre-recession levels. Looking forward, the packaging industry in North America is expected to show stable growth in the next few years, which in turn is anticipated to drive the semiconductor packaging material market in this region. In Europe, Germany accounted for the largest market share followed by Italy, France and the U.K. The semiconductor packaging material market in North America and Europe is characterized by similar market conditions. In the Rest of the World (RoW), especially in countries such as Brazil, the market is expected to witness strong growth on account of increased demand for semiconductors from the electronics industry in this region.
Some of the major companies operating in the global semiconductor packaging material market are Hitachi Chemical Co. Ltd., BASF SE, Henkel AG & Company, Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd., Alent plc, and Kyocera Chemical Co. Ltd., among others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.