Self-cleaning Coatings: Introduction
- Self-cleaning coatings are completely transparent and allow surfaces to be clean, stain resistant, and dry. Self-cleaning coatings are primarily used for applications such as solar panels, cars, etc. These coatings are also employed as waterproofing agents for wood, masonry, and tarpaulin.
Key Drivers of Global Self-cleaning Coatings Market
- The self-cleaning coatings market is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Expansion of building & construction, textile, and automotive sectors is anticipated to drive the demand for self-cleaning coatings in the near future.
- Self-cleaning coatings are used in glasses of buildings, cars, and textiles to protect the surface from dust, germs, and water. These coatings can help save upon the cleaning cost for any infrastructure. Self-cleaning coatings are used on paints to prevent the paint solution from corrosion and provide added protection.
- In textile manufacturing, self-cleaning coatings enable the fabric to become waterproof. They also lend germicidal property to the material. These coatings are used in electronics to make devices waterproof.
Building & Construction End-use Industry Segment to Dominate Global Market
- Extensive usage of self-cleaning coatings in construction and automotive sectors is expected to boost the global market in the near future. Rapid growth of industrial and construction sectors in countries of Asia Pacific is anticipated to drive the demand for self-cleaning coatings in the region during the forecast period.
- The building & construction end-use industry segment is estimated to dominate the global self-cleaning coatings market during the forecast period, owing to rise in construction and renovation of large building across the globe and increase in usage of self-cleaning coatings in commercial buildings
High Investment in Research & Development to Hamper Global Market
- Production of self-cleaning coatings entails notable research and development. These coatings are considerably expensive compared to other paints and coatings used in construction and automotive sectors. This is projected to hamper the production of self-cleaning coatings.
Covid-19 Impact on Self-cleaning Coatings Market
- The prevailing COVID-19 pandemic situation has weakened the demand for paints and coatings in automotive, construction, electronics, and white goods. The path to recovery of for the self-cleaning coatings industry is highly dependent on the duration of restrictions imposed and their influence on economic activities across the globe. This is likely to hamper the demand for self-cleaning coatings in 2020 and 2021.
- Contrary to the trend prevalent in the industry in general, demand for certain segments of the market such as self-cleaning coatings with antimicrobial properties has been rising even during the Covid-19 pandemic
North America to Hold Significant Share of Global Self-cleaning Coatings Market
- In terms of region, the global self-cleaning coatings market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is anticipated to hold key share of the global self-cleaning coatings market during the forecast period. Rise in construction of glass commercial buildings is driving the self-cleaning coatings market in the region.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the presence of well-established construction and automotive industries in the region. China, India, Japan ASEAN countries, and Australia are expected to contribute significantly to the expansion of the market in Asia Pacific in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global self-cleaning coatings market is a consolidated with the presence of large international players. However, small- and medium-sized domestic players also operate in the market. This makes the market highly competitive. Prominent players operating in the global self-cleaning coatings market include:
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Sherwin Williams Company
- PPG Industries Inc.
- BASF SE
- Axalta Coating Systems Ltd.
Global Self-cleaning Coatings Market: Research Scope
Global Self-cleaning Coatings Market, by Type
Global Self-cleaning Coatings Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Textile & Apparel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.