Self-adhesive labels are a specialized type of label that are applied to packaging. These labels display the necessary information about the product. Self-adhesive labels are multilayered system that contains information printed on its surface. The layers typically contain release liner, an adhesive layer, and face material. The release liner is made up of silicone-coated paper or plastic. Several packaging applications use self-adhesive labels to display information, which promotes awareness about the product’s brand. Important contents such as barcode, product description, track and trace coding, and authentication coding are conveyed using self-adhesive labels. Furthermore, self-adhesive labels add a decorative look, thus increasing customer attention and brand recognition. Self-adhesive labels are printed using laser printer and inkjet printer photocopiers. Self-adhesive labels are also referred to as pressure sensitive labels as they adhere to the surface when pressure is applied.
Self-adhesive labels are available in the market in different forms based on nature of application. Depending on the lifespan of labels, self-adhesive labels are of two types: temporary or removable and permanent. Temporary or removable self-adhesive labels are primarily used as price tags or advertisement materials. Permanent self-adhesive labels are extensively used in electrical and electronic appliances, HVAC, etc. On the other hand, based on chemical properties of the coating, self-adhesive labels are classified as acrylics, vinyl, polyurethane, epoxy, and elastomers. The appropriate form or type of self-adhesive labels can be selected depending on various factors such as surface texture, environmental conditions, durability and performance, and size and shape of label.
Self-adhesive labels have enormous usage in various packaging applications. Consumer goods is the largest end-user of self-adhesive labels. The home and personal care industry also significantly makes use of self-adhesive labels in packaging. Furthermore, these labels have potential use in food & beverages and pharmaceutical industries. In addition, they are widely applied in industrial labeling.
The global market for self-adhesive labels has significantly expanded in the past few years. Substantial growth in the e-commerce industry has fueled growth of the self-adhesive labels market in the recent past. Steady market growth is expected to be witnessed in the near future. North America dominated the market for self-adhesive labels in the past few years followed by Europe. These two regions are expected to project a mature market for self-adhesive labels in the next few years.
However, Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest-growing market for self-adhesive labels in the near future. Potential growth in end-user industries in developing countries of Asia Pacific such as China, Japan, India, and South Korea is anticipated to drive demand for self-adhesive labels in the next few years. Latin America and the Middle East & Africa are estimated to build an emerging market during the forecast period due to rising demand for self-adhesive labels in the packaging industry.
Increased per capita income in developing countries of Asia Pacific has driven purchasing capacity of consumers in the recent past. Consumer awareness is also increasing in developing regions, seeking detailed description about the product. Such factors are estimated to fuel demand for self-adhesive labels during the forecast period. Furthermore, growth in the e-commerce industry in emerging markets of Latin America and the Middle East & Africa is likely to chiefly propel the self-adhesive labels market during the forecast period. However, raw materials required for self-adhesive labels are priced higher as compared to wet-glue labels. This, in turn, is likely to hinder the market growth.
Some of the key manufacturers of self-adhesive labels include 3M Company, Americk Systems Labelling, Avery Products Corporation, Constantia, ETIS Slovakia, a.s., Flexibles Group GmbH, Müroll GmbH, Royston Labels Ltd., S&K LABEL spol.s r.o., SVS Etikety, Torraspapel Adestor, and UPM-Kymmene Corporation.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.