Self-parking Vehicle System: Introduction
- Self-parking vehicle system is an autonomous system that parks the vehicle at a designated parking space, automatically, without the need for driver intervention. The self-parking system utilizes data collected by sensors and cameras for efficient and accurate self-parking.
- The need for parking space is increasing owing to rising concerns about parking from an increasing number of vehicles owners. Demand for parking space also drives the demand for smart parking systems that are capable of parking the vehicle in a parking space in a short amount of time.
Key drivers of global self-parking vehicle system market
- High demand from customers for luxury vehicles is prompting OEMs and aftermarket companies to develop new and innovative technologies that would aid the customer’s needs. Increasing struggle between OEM and aftermarket companies to capture larger consumer base has led to the development of various vehicle technologies. For instance, Advance Drive Assist System (ADAS) helps propel the market for autonomous driving and Automated Emergency Braking (AEB) systems assist in braking automatically in case of emergency.
- Economic growth is improving the standard of living owing to increase in disposable income of population in developed countries and developing countries such as, China, India, Malaysia, Thailand etc. Increasing FDI in Asia Pacific owing to abundance of resources, labor and considerable market for various industries, such as construction and automobile, in developing economies is a key factor driving the demand for private and public transport, thereby increasing the number of vehicles on road.
- Self-parking or autonomous parking systems are incorporated in vehicles to reduce the efforts and time required for parking and the need for human intervention. A fully autonomous vehicle is capable of parking and retrieving the vehicle from a parking space without human intervention. For instance, Audi AG has partnered with Somerville, Massachusetts to develop and deploy a fleet of fully autonomous parking vehicles by the end of 2020. A trial test for these vehicles was successfully conducted in 2018.
- A self-parking vehicle would help reduce traffic congestion by dropping the passenger at his destination and then park itself at a designated parking space automatically. Research and developments on the development of fully autonomous vehicles is projected to incorporate various autonomous systems such as ADAS, AEB, and self-parking vehicle systems, which in turn is estimated to drive the self-parking vehicle system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Fully autonomous vehicle segment to dominate self-parking vehicle system market
- A fully autonomous vehicle (AV) is a vehicle that is capable of driving itself without the need for human intervention. This is achieved with the help of various sensors such as ultrasonic, proximity, radar sensors, cameras, GPS system, an ECU and an artificial intelligence system. AI systems processes data collected from various data systems incorporated in the vehicle and makes decisions accordingly to drive the vehicle. A self-parking system is also an integral part of an AV, which is monitored and managed by the AI unit for autonomous vehicle parking.
- Therefore, various innovations in Europe and Americas regarding the development of AV are fueling the self-parking vehicle system market
High initial cost to hamper global self-parking vehicle system market
- High cost of integration of self-parking vehicle systems in vehicles as well as the high cost of vehicles integrated with self-parking vehicle systems are major factors that restrain the global self-parking vehicle system market
- A combination of autonomous parking vehicle infrastructure or smart parking spaces and self-parking vehicle are needed for effective and fast vehicle parking and retrieval. This also increases the cost of investment, which further restrains the global self-parking vehicle system market.
Europe and North America, together, hold notable share of global self-parking vehicle system market, followed by Asia Pacific
- Pace of technological advancements toward the development of AV is comparatively rapid in North America and Europe, owing to presence of large number of OEMs and aftermarket companies such as Audi, BMW, General Motors, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, VALEO S.A. in these regions. This, in turn, is likely to increase the adoption of AV technology, which incorporates self-parking vehicle system, in the region. For instance, in 2019, Ford and Volkswagen announced that they plan to use autonomous vehicle technology developed by Argo AI (a Pittsburg, U.S.,-based company) for ride sharing services in a few of urban areas across the U.S. and Europe by early 2021.
- Economic developments have driven the disposable income of the population in the region, prompting them to opt for more luxurious vehicles. This is another factor that drives the self-parking vehicle system market in the region.
- According to United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Asia Pacific hosts about 60% of the world’s population. India and China are the world’s most populated countries. Economic development and rising FDI are propelling the expansion of urban areas in countries in Asia Pacific. This, in turn, is fueling the demand for vehicles in commercial, private and government sectors in the region. Effective city planning is required to host increasing number of vehicles. Self-parking vehicle system that resolves parking difficulties and reduces traffic congestion in urban areas are in demand in both government and commercial business sectors in Asia Pacific.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Self-parking Vehicle System Market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global self-parking vehicle system market
The global self-parking vehicle system market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global self-parking vehicle system market are:
- BMW Group
- Volkswagen AG
- Continental AG
- Siemens AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- AUDI AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- VALEO S.A.
- Daimler AG
- TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
- Mercedes-Benz AG
- FORD MOTOR COMPANY
- GENERAL MOTORS
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market: Research Scope
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market, by Vehicle Propulsion System
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market, by Parking Solution
- License Plate Recognition
- Valet Parking Management
- Designated/Reserved Parking
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market, by Technology
- Ultrasonic Sensor
- Radar Sensor
- Image Sensor
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market, by System
- Guided Parking
- Smart Parking
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market, by End-user
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market, by System Component
- Parking Sensors
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Vehicle Steering Angle Sensors
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Self-Parking Vehicle System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.