COVID-19 Impact on Self-Healing Paints Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the self-healing paints market.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Self-Healing Paints Market
- Expansion in paints & coatings industry and key players’ focus on R&D are driving the demand for self-healing paints. Increase in investment in these paints is a key factor driving the global self-healing paints market during the forecast period.
- Growth in urbanization and rise in disposable income of consumers have contributed to the rise in sales of automobiles. Increase in advancement in the automotive sector has had a positive impact on the self-healing paints market. Technological advancement and innovations in the automotive industry have also fueled the demand for self-healing paints.
- Emergence of electric vehicles (EVs) is likely to propel the demand for self-healing paints in cars across the globe
- Key disadvantage of self-healing paint is that it can just repair light surface scratches that are contained within the clear coat. Deeper scratches that break through this thin layer of paint cannot be healed by the elastic polymer. Another disadvantage is the shorter duration of the self-healing capability.
Self-Healing Paints: Application Segment
- Based on application, the self-healing paints market can be segmented into automotive, aerospace, construction, defense, marine, industrial, and others
- The automotive segment is projected to gain higher share of the global market during the forecast period. Self-healing paints are used to cover vehicles. These automatically heal the car’s paint when exposed to light.
Europe to Dominate Self-Healing Paints Market
- In terms of region, the self-healing paints market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The global market has expanded significantly in the past two decades. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period. Europe is likely to hold significant share of the global market in the near future. Rise in population, growth in the automobile sector, technological advancements, and changes in lifestyle are projected to boost the market in Europe during the forecast period. High demand for self-healing paints among automotive manufacturers in Europe is driving the market in the region.
- Growth in the paints & coatings industry in China and India is likely to create lucrative opportunities for the self-healing paints market in Asia Pacific
- The self-healing paints market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period owing to the recent economic growth in these regions
Key Manufacturers Operating in Self-Healing Paints Market
The self-healing paints market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the self-healing paints market include:
- Nippon Paint Holding Co. Ltd
Self-Healing Paints Market: Research Scope
Self-Healing Paints Market, by Substrate
Self-Healing Paints Market, by Application
Global Self-Healing Paints Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Self-Healing Paints: Introduction
- Self-healing paint is a special type of paint that can repair itself from scratches
- Self-healing paint is an innovative technology, which is still at the nascent stage. Advanced concept of self-healing/self-repairing paints is a constantly evolving technology, and it is anticipated to be used more frequently in the near future.
- Self-healing paint works due to the clear coat used in the paint. The repair process takes several days and may be accelerated by exposing the car to light or washing with warm water.
- The typical automotive paint uses a hard clear coat that can scratch when it comes in contact with an abrasive object. In contrast, self-healing paint uses a softer clear coat that is not completely dry. Scratching this clear coat simply re-arranges the molecules that make up the coat. Under the application of heat from sources such as warm water or sunlight, these molecules receive the energy to re-arrange themselves in their original scratch-free state.
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.