Seitan, also known as wheat gluten, is a popular vegan meat substitute made entirely out of hydrated gluten, the main protein present in wheat. Apart from gluten, seitan still consists high protein and minerals and low carbs and fats, making it a nutritious food. In the recent years, growing consumer shift toward vegetarian and vegan diet has largely influenced the consumption of seitan for its rich protein content and extremely low carbs. Moreover, seitan has relatively neutral taste, allowing it to take on flavors of multiple seasonings very well and blend into any meal. It is also becoming a popular vegan protein option among people who are sensitive and allergic to soy-based products such as tempeh and tofu. Soaring demand for plant-based food products in various regions across the globe is anticipated to translate into the development of seitan market.
Seitan Market – Notable Developments
Wheaty, Sweet Earth Foods, LIMA, Upton's Naturals, Maya, Vbites Foods Ltd., Morningstar Farms, Meatless B.V., The Nisshin Ollio Group Ltd., MGP Ingredients, Inc., Garden Protein International, Inc., and Amy’s Kitchen, Inc. are among the leading players participating in seitan market.
- In February 2019, Upton’s Naturals announced to launch wheat-protein-based Jerky Bites at Natural Products Expo West 2019. According to company, these 100% vegan snacks offer an excellent source of protein and vitamin B-12, which come in creative, tropical-inspired flavors. In July 2018, Upton’s Naturals had introduced 60-second Thai Meal Kits in its line of jackfruit products. The company is widely known for its Seitan in Italian, Ground, Chorizo, Bacon, Chick, and Traditional flavors.
- Sainsbury’s, a UK supermarket chain, released a massive 25 vegan products throughout January during Veganuary 2019, including seitan bacon, chorizo-style Shroomdogs, and ‘beefless’ Szechuan beef. As consumer demand for plant-based products continue to skyrocket, the supermarket giant is planning to expand its vegan offerings to over 100 products.
- In June 2018, Sweet Earth Foods, a brand known for its frozen pizzas and vegan seitan meat, launched a new line of frozen pizza made with organic ingredients: Herb Lover’s™, Protein Lover’s™, Truffle Lover’s™, and Veggie Lover’s™. The company had introduced its new artisan vegan pizza in March 2018 at the Natural Products Expo West.
Seitan Market Dynamics
With emerging trends of veganism, various fast-food restaurants across the globe have been serving dishes including burgers, sandwiches, hotdogs, and tacos made of meat substitutes such as seitan. Growing number of fast-food outlets globally along with increasing use of such substitutes in variety of vegan dishes is considered to be one of the key factors driving seitan market. With rising competition in restaurant or foodservice industry, especially in developed nations, well-established chains as well as regional fast-food outlets are continuously focusing on improving the product quality, menu price, service, and offerings. This in turn is likely to result into a surge in the demand for innovative ingredients such as meat substitutes and subsequently accelerate the growth of seitan market.
Substantial growth of seitan market can also be attributed to escalating vegan population on the account of rising health concerns regarding the consumption of meat products which may lead to obesity couple with disease outbreaks in livestock. Further, increase in the global demand for ready-to-eat foods is identified to be a demand driving determinant for seitan.
While product innovations are readily adopted in the seitan market, rapid penetration of e-commerce business has been encouraging key players to sell their products through online sales channels which will possibly contribute to the revenue maximization of seitan market.
Seitan Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the seitan market can be segmented into:
- Conventional Seitan
- Organic Seitan
- Wheat Gluten
- Seitan Nutrition
- Seitan Protein
- Meat Substitute
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.