- Sectionalizer is a protective device that is designed to automatically isolate a faulty section of a line from the rest of the distribution system of the overhead network when a permanent fault occurs
- It is different from a recloser in the form that it does not interrupt fault current. It is only able to count the number of operations of an interrupting device that feeds circuits such as recloser or relay-controlled breaker system back at the substation.
- Sectionalizers are used to simplify the job of restoring service after a fault has been found and removed. Sectionalizers do not require replaceable elements such as fuse links; therefore, they can also be reclosed with a simple hook stick.
- Sectionalizers and line reclosers work together on distribution circuits. This eventually helps in ensuring greater reliability of a circuit. Both of these devices look almost identical; however, they are quite different in functions.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Sectionalizers Market
- The ongoing trend of increase in adoption of smart electrical distribution system in health care facilities such as hospitals and clinics is expected to boost the sectionalizers market during the forecast period. Most of the medical devices need electricity for their operation; thus, demand for automatic sectionalizers and reclosers is high in health care facilities.
- Manufacturers need continuous power supply for refrigeration and heating purposes in the food & beverages industry. Food & beverage manufacturers depend on large capacity refrigerators to preserve and store their products. Thus, high demand for sectionalizers in the food & beverages industry is likely to boost the global sectionalizers market during the forecast period.
- Of late, the need for continuous and uninterrupted power supply and electricity transmission has increased significantly in the manufacturing industry; and residential and commercial sectors. Demand for sectionalizers is anticipated to be high in the manufacturing industry owing to the rise in adoption of sectionalizers compared to isolators. This, in turn, is estimated to augment the sectionalizers market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
- In May 2020, ABB and Metsä Fibre, a part of Metsä Group, announced that they had signed a preliminary binding agreement, wherein ABB Finland, a subsidiary of ABB, will deliver electrification and drive technology solutions for Metsä Fibre’s planned bioproduct mill in Kemi, northern Finland
- In June 2020, Eaton announced that it had signed an agreement to purchase a new facility in Hodges, South Carolina, the U.S., establishing a new home for the company’s busway product line currently spanning three facilities across Greenwood County. The investment in the new facility is likely to consolidate operations to one location to support accelerated growth of the comprehensive portfolio of power distribution and control equipment solutions used in hospitals; data centers; factories; and commercial, residential and industrial facilities.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Sectionalizers Market
- Based on region, the global sectionalizers market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a key region of the global sectionalizers market from 2020 to 2030. Grid expansion and modification in major economies such as China, India
& Japan is likely to drive the market in the region between 2020 and 2030.
- Several smart grid development and smart city projects are taking place in Asia Pacific. This is creating significant demand for sectionalizers in the region.
- More than 50% of the population in several countries in Middle East & Africa lacks access to electricity. Growth in transition toward the use of power in these countries is estimated to boost the sectionalizers market in the region in the near future.
- The ongoing development of power infrastructure and technological improvements in Europe and North America are likely to boost the sectionalizers market in these regions during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The global economy has been hampered by the measures put in place to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. The power generation industry is estimated to face immediate challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as difficulty in adhering to the social distancing norms, shortage of manpower, lack of parts & equipment, and discerning expenditure by end-users.
- Currently, most of the companies providing power generation services are suffering from payment delays, particularly state-owned distribution companies in various countries across the world. Some of these companies with large power generation capacities have gone bankrupt and face regulatory inconsistencies.
Prominent Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global sectionalizers market are:
- Schneider Electric
- S&C Electric Company
- Tavrida Electric
- Bevins Co.
- Hubbell Inc.
- G&W Electric Company
- Celsa Messgeräte GmbH
- ENTEC Electric & Electronic
Global Sectionalizers Market, by Phase Type
- Single Phase
- Three Phase
Global Sectionalizers Market, by Control Type
- Resettable Electronic Sectionalizers
- Programmable Resettable Sectionalizers
Global Sectionalizers Market, by Voltage
- 0-15 kV
- 16-27 kV
- Above 27 kV
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.