- Sectionalizer is a protective device that is designed to automatically isolate a faulty section of a line from the rest of the distribution system of the overhead network when a permanent fault occurs
- It is different from a recloser in the form that it does not interrupt fault current. It is only able to count the number of operations of an interrupting device that feeds circuits such as recloser or relay-controlled breaker system back at the substation.
- Sectionalizers are used to simplify the job of restoring service after a fault has been found and removed. Sectionalizers do not require replaceable elements such as fuse links; therefore, they can also be reclosed with a simple hook stick.
- Sectionalizers and line reclosers work together on distribution circuits. This eventually helps in ensuring greater reliability of a circuit. Both of these devices look almost identical; however, they are quite different in functions.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Key Drivers of Global Sectionalizers Market
- The ongoing trend of increase in adoption of smart electrical distribution system in health care facilities such as hospitals and clinics is expected to boost the sectionalizers market during the forecast period. Most of the medical devices need electricity for their operation; thus, demand for automatic sectionalizers and reclosers is high in health care facilities.
- Manufacturers need continuous power supply for refrigeration and heating purposes in the food & beverages industry. Food & beverage manufacturers depend on large capacity refrigerators to preserve and store their products. Thus, high demand for sectionalizers in the food & beverages industry is likely to boost the global sectionalizers market during the forecast period.
- Of late, the need for continuous and uninterrupted power supply and electricity transmission has increased significantly in the manufacturing industry; and residential and commercial sectors. Demand for sectionalizers is anticipated to be high in the manufacturing industry owing to the rise in adoption of sectionalizers compared to isolators. This, in turn, is estimated to augment the sectionalizers market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
- In May 2020, ABB and Metsä Fibre, a part of Metsä Group, announced that they had signed a preliminary binding agreement, wherein ABB Finland, a subsidiary of ABB, will deliver electrification and drive technology solutions for Metsä Fibre’s planned bioproduct mill in Kemi, northern Finland
- In June 2020, Eaton announced that it had signed an agreement to purchase a new facility in Hodges, South Carolina, the U.S., establishing a new home for the company’s busway product line currently spanning three facilities across Greenwood County. The investment in the new facility is likely to consolidate operations to one location to support accelerated growth of the comprehensive portfolio of power distribution and control equipment solutions used in hospitals; data centers; factories; and commercial, residential and industrial facilities.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Sectionalizers Market
- Based on region, the global sectionalizers market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to be a key region of the global sectionalizers market from 2020 to 2030. Grid expansion and modification in major economies such as China, India
& Japan is likely to drive the market in the region between 2020 and 2030.
- Several smart grid development and smart city projects are taking place in Asia Pacific. This is creating significant demand for sectionalizers in the region.
- More than 50% of the population in several countries in Middle East & Africa lacks access to electricity. Growth in transition toward the use of power in these countries is estimated to boost the sectionalizers market in the region in the near future.
- The ongoing development of power infrastructure and technological improvements in Europe and North America are likely to boost the sectionalizers market in these regions during the forecast period
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The global economy has been hampered by the measures put in place to contain the COVID-19 pandemic. The power generation industry is estimated to face immediate challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic such as difficulty in adhering to the social distancing norms, shortage of manpower, lack of parts & equipment, and discerning expenditure by end-users.
- Currently, most of the companies providing power generation services are suffering from payment delays, particularly state-owned distribution companies in various countries across the world. Some of these companies with large power generation capacities have gone bankrupt and face regulatory inconsistencies.
Prominent Players Operating in Global Market
Major players operating in the global sectionalizers market are:
- Schneider Electric
- S&C Electric Company
- Tavrida Electric
- Bevins Co.
- Hubbell Inc.
- G&W Electric Company
- Celsa Messgeräte GmbH
- ENTEC Electric & Electronic
Global Sectionalizers Market, by Phase Type
- Single Phase
- Three Phase
Global Sectionalizers Market, by Control Type
- Resettable Electronic Sectionalizers
- Programmable Resettable Sectionalizers
Global Sectionalizers Market, by Voltage
- 0-15 kV
- 16-27 kV
- Above 27 kV
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.