Secondary Packaging Market: Overview
Secondary packaging designates the packaging used for grouping various pre-packed products together. The second layer of packaging is not in direct contact with the product and its use and applications are distinctly different than primary packaging, however, sometimes the purpose of both the packaging type may converge. Secondary packaging is generally used for two main purposes, namely branding and display and logistics. Some of the common examples of secondary packaging include plastic crates, cardboard boxes, and cardboard cartons amongst others.
Secondary packaging performs the role of protecting not only the product but also the primary packaging and hence is an important aspect of packaging. Secondary packaging entails activities such as safe transportation of primary packed products and retaining the primary packaging intact. Packaging encompasses a broad range of activities. Various materials are used for different levels of packaging. Paper and boards is the largest product segment used as packaging and its use is expected to grow significantly, especially for secondary packaging. Some of the new materials used for secondary packaging include polyactic acid, ethylene based resins, pulp based material, thin seal polypropylene and non-petroleum based products.
Secondary Packaging Market: Drivers and Opportunities
With the growing industrial and consumer activities in Asia Pacific and growing need for safe transportation is expected to drive the market for secondary packaging market. Globally, numerous goods are transported daily and these goods need to be handled and transported safely. Secondary packaging plays an important role in safeguarding the primary product and hence is important for safe transportation of products. The product type and packaging characteristics change as per the applications, where the secondary packaging plays different role for different packaging applications.
Secondary packaging plays a vital role in transportation of medical grade products, where the packaging has to ensure adequate protection for the primary products inside. Recently the focus of the companies’ engaged in the manufacturing of secondary packaging materials has been on weight reduction, sustainability, bio-degradability and self display capabilities amongst others. Some of the companies have are also working on enhancing the product protection, stackability, retail mandates etc.
Secondary Packaging Market: Region-wise Outlook
Owing to the growing industrial activities and overall growth in Asia-Pacific region and increased demand for consumer goods as well as industrial products especially in nations such as China, India, and Indonesia among others, the demand for secondary packaging materials is projected to demonstrate robust growth. Following Asia Pacific in the secondary packaging market were Europe and North America. The United States, in North America, was observed as being among the single largest markets worldwide for secondary packaging materials.
Moreover, the U.S.’ economic growth has shown improvement in recent years and has shown signs of recovery, with growing demand for various products. Looking forward, the secondary packaging industry in North America is predicted to display fairly stable growth through the report’s forecast period. This is expected to subsequently drive the secondary packaging market in this region.
In the Europe region, Germany represented the largest market for secondary packaging materials. The country was followed by other developed countries such as France, Italy, and the U.K.
Similar market conditions characterize the markets for secondary packaging materials in North America and Europe. In the Rest of the World (RoW) market, especially in such countries as Brazil, the market outlook remains positive, as demand for secondary packaging materials is poised to remain healthy from electronics and consumer goods industries.
Secondary Packaging Market: Key Players
Some of the major companies that are active in the global secondary packaging market are CCB Packaging Inc., Unette Corporation, DHL, Deufol, Saddle Creek Corporation, ARI Packaging Company and Power Packaging amongst others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.