Seawater Cooling System Market: Introduction
- Seawater cooling system utilizes the cold water available deep in the ocean, river, or lake in order to replace conventional air conditioning and cooling systems, either on a ship or in an establishment
- In vessels or ships, seawater is majorly utilized as a cooling media for engines. Seawater is used as a coolant for heat exchangers in a central cooling system of a vessel or ship. However, freshwater is also used to cool the engine room equipment. Freshwater is further cooled by seawater in the heat exchanger after cooling the engine.
- The central cooling system can be categorized into low-temperature circuit and high-temperature circuit. In a low-temperature circuit, freshwater is cooled by a seawater cooler, while in a high-temperature circuit, freshwater is used to cool the engine room.
- The seawater cooling system is also utilized for district cooling systems in order to provide air conditioning and cold water to residential, commercial, and industrial buildings. High operational costs associated with chillers in a district cooling plant can be reduced by employing the cold water of oceans, rivers, or lakes.
- In district cooling systems, seawater is pumped from the deep end of oceans or rivers. The pumped water is fed into heat exchangers, where freshwater is pumped into a close-loop distribution system. The cooled freshwater is subsequently fed to buildings for air conditioning and cold water applications.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report here
Key Drivers of Global Seawater Cooling System Market
- Increase in demand for energy-efficient technologies across the globe is likely to boost the seawater cooling system market during the forecast period. Rapid increase in demand for energy and awareness about energy conservation has resulted in a shift toward adoption of energy-efficient technologies across the globe. The seawater cooling system saves around 90% of the total energy consumed for conventional air conditioning systems. It reduces the dependence upon fossil fuels and subsequently, helps reduce air pollution and global warming. Thus, increase in the demand for energy-efficiency technologies is anticipated to drive the global seawater cooling system market during the forecast period.
- Advantages offered by the seawater cooling system over conventional air conditioning is also a key factor that is expected to drive the global seawater cooling system market during the forecast period. The seawater cooling system has relatively shorter payback period as compared to that of chillers based system. The seawater cooling system also has lower operational costs, as compared to that of modern chiller based plants, due to minimal to nil usage of electricity for cooling.
- Rapid expansion of the marine industry is also anticipated to boost the global seawater cooling system market during the forecast period. Increasing investment in the shipping industry along with rise in trading activities across the globe is likely to fuel the demand for new vessels & ships. These new vessels would be the major consumers of seawater cooling systems in order to cool their engines during voyages. Thus, expansion of the marine industry is a key factor that is anticipated to propel the market in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Key Developments in Global Seawater Cooling System Market
- In July 2019, Allseas a leading subsea construction, offshore pipeline installation, and heavy lift company acquired Bluerise. The latter is a project developer of Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC) technology, which presents a renewable energy solution. Allseas is expected to utilize its expertise in offshore and deep-water technologies in order to advance Bluerise’s OTEC technology and accelerate its implementation for renewable energy projects.
- In April 2018, Ocean Thermal Energy Corporation, a developer of water desalinization and Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion (OTEC) renewable energy projects, announced the acquisition of U.S.-based as well as global synergistic companies. The company wants to expedite the implementation of its renewable based OTEC technology across several regions such as the U.S., Caribbean, Asia Pacific, and eventually across the globe.
- In November 2016, BARDOT Group signed a MoU with Doris Group in order to advance their activities in Marine Thermic Energy industry. Both companies would be working together in order to develop innovative solutions for OTEC and Sea Water Air Conditioning (SWAC) applications.
North America to Lead Global Seawater Cooling System Market
- North America is likely to hold a leading share of the global seawater cooling system market during the forecast period. Increasing investment in district cooling systems along with the presence of a developed marine industry in the U.S. is a major reason for the region’s dominance of the global market.
- Europe and Asia Pacific are anticipated to follow North America in terms of share of the global seawater cooling system market. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, primarily due to the expansion of the marine industry along with a rise in the adoption of district cooling systems in the region, especially in China and ASEAN.
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa accounted for relatively minor shares of the global seawater cooling system market in 2018. However, investments in district cooling systems have been increasing significantly in Middle East & Africa, especially in GCC, in the last few years, with the sub-region emerging as one of the largest hubs for district cooling plants in the world.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Few of the key players operating in the global seawater cooling system market include:
- Makai Ocean Engineering, Inc.
- Kelvion Holding GmbH
- Ocean Thermal Energy Corporation
- Bardot Ocean
Global Seawater Cooling System Market: Research Scope
Global Seawater Cooling System Market, by Type
- Central Cooling System
- District Cooling System
Global Seawater Cooling System Market, by End-user
- Ships & Vessels
- Others (Including Industrial)
Global Seawater Cooling System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.