Global Seat Track Position Sensor Market – Introduction
- A seat track position sensor uses the Hall switch technology to measure the position input for dual-stage airbags. Unlike seatbelt buckle sensor ICs, seat position sensor ICs typically use a vane interrupt sensing style to determine as to which seat area is located along the seat line. A seat track position sensor includes a magnet on either side of the seat track and a unipolar Hall-effect switch. Seat rail location sensors detect the front seat position and provide information essential for airbag control.
- Several sensor ICs can be used to determine different positions along the seat line, which can then be used to determine the driver's relative position on the steering wheel or dashboard by using the airbag deployment controller.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Seat Track Position Sensor Market
- Increasing demand for driver safety and rise in purchase of automobiles are boosting the global seat track position sensor market. However, use of these sensors may result in faulty systems due to their automation. This, in turn, restrains the market.
- In spite of these challenges, advancements in the field of sensors and sensing components are expected to provide immense opportunities to the global seat track position sensor market during the forecast period
- Due to various benefits offered by seat track position sensors, such as flexible switch points and high gap tolerance, multiple applications, excellent field performance on several OEM platforms, and low-cost designs, the demand for these sensors is rapidly increasing
- Adoption of seat tract position sensors is growing considerably owing to their high accuracy and robust construction. These factors are anticipated to fuel the global seat track position sensor market in the near future.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, ask for a customized report
North America to Lead Global Market for Seat Track Position Sensors
- In terms of region, the global seat track position sensor market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to lead the global market for seat track position sensors between 2019 and 2027, due to presence of a large number of automobile manufacturers and ongoing technological innovations in the region
- Europe is expected to witness increase in the demand for advanced automotive technologies in the near future. This, in turn, is likely to drive the market for seat track position sensors in the region during the forecast period. This is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to global automotive manufacturers to expand their presence in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global seat track position sensor market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Allegro MicroSystems
- Dalroad Norslo
- Stoneridge, Inc.
- TE Connectivity
- Air Comm Corporation
Global Seat Track Position Sensor Market: Research Scope
Global Seat Track Position Sensor Market, by Type
- Magneto-resistive Sensors
- Inductive Sensors
Global Seat Track Position Sensor Market, by Application
- Passenger Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
Global Seat Track Position Sensor Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.