The demand for seafood across specialty restaurants is increasing at a sound pace in recent times. A large population of people prefers to eat seafood over other cuisines, and this is an important driver of market demand. Furthermore, coastal regions are making concerted efforts to develop robust supply chains for exporting and supplying seafood. The growth of this market largely depends on the ease of procuring seafood from coastal regions. Several seafood restaurants and chains have made their way across the global landscape, and this factor shall contribute toward market growth and maturity. Henceforth, the total volume of revenues within the global seafood market is set to increase by a dramatic pace.
- Chefs have perfected new recipes and dishes primarily made with fish, prawns, and trout. The popularity of these recipes has helped in driving demand within the global seafood market. It is imperative for the food industry to encapsulate seafood as an important part of its offerings. The need to reciprocate to the demand of consumers of all ages and preferences has popularised seafood across the globe.
- Use of tuna in making sandwiches, baguettes, and bagels has also created fresh demand within the global seafood market. New seafood recipes are being introduced to people living in arid, non-coastal areas, and this is an important consideration from the perspective of market growth.
- Based on regions, Seafood is particularly popular across the coastal regions of Europe. Furthermore, fast food chains in the region have embraced the idea of selling popular seafood dishes. Besides, growing demand for seafood in India and China has also played an important role in the growth of the global market. The Asia Pacific seafood market is set to grow at a boisterous pace as new sellers emerge in the market. Indigenous restaurants have also played a defining role in market growth.
Sea food refers to all the varieties of fish, crustaceans and molluscs either in fresh or processed form. Sea food is rich in proteins and is considered one of the best foods for body and mind. Farmed fishes or aquaculture have become mainstream in supplying seafood to the retail segment as well as for export.
Global seafood market can be segmented on the basis of product categories such as Crustaceans, Molluscs, Fish and other seafood. The market can also be segmented on the basis of retail market varieties as canned seafood products, frozen (ready meal) and chilled (smoked and slated). The seafood market can also be segmented on the basis of geographies namely North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and Rest of the World.
East and South-east Asia combined is the largest producer of seafood. Innovative farm practice, slaughtering and packaging techniques have made the market highly lucrative and is expected to grow with a considerable single digit CAGR from 2013-2019. There is a high demand of sustainable and eco-friendly production of seafood to fulfill the rising demand of seafood in an ethical manner. Growth in distribution network and rising affluent class demanding for luxury food has increased the demand of seafood globally.
The key driving factors are innovations and variations in seafood dishes and demand for proteinaceous fat-free food worldwide. Exclusive restaurants providing exotic seafood and changing taste of consumers are some other factors responsible for the growth of seafood market globally. Some of the restraining factors are short shelf life of the product, government regulations on raising and packaging of seafood and diseases outbreaks while raising and processing seafood.
Key players dominating this market include Grupo Pescanova, Marine Harvest ASA, Thai Union Frozen Products, Royal Greenland, John Westfoods, Abba Seafoods, Cuulong Fish and Stone Seafood Company.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.