Scrubber Systems Market: Efficient Solution to Lessen the Formation of Acid Rain
- A rapid industrialization across the globe has made it imperative to reduce the amounts of sulfur dioxide emitted into the atmosphere. Sulfur dioxide emission control is expected to assume more and more significance with the emission norms becoming even more stringent in future.
- A scrubber system is a diverse group of air pollution control devices, which can be used to remove particulate matter and harmful components such as nitrogen oxides (NOx) and sulfur oxides (SOx) from industrial exhaust streams.
- When emitted into the atmosphere sulfur oxides could dissolve in the water in the air and form acid rain. Scrubber systems market is estimated to have robust demand in the near future, as a solution to limit the formation of acid rain, which is highly detrimental to the environment.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Scrubber Systems Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Scrubber Systems Market
- The scrubber systems can handle flammable and explosive dusts with low risk. These are compact and can often be retrofitted into existing collection systems. The scrubber systems are likely to see substantial demand in a diverse range of wet scrubbing, dry scrubbing, mercury removal, and absorber-in-scrubber waste products by 2027.
- Increasing demand for scrubber systems from the petrochemical industry is estimated to offer immense opportunities to the global scrubber systems market during the forecast period.
- Sulfur emissions to the atmosphere by sea-going vessels are limited by new and updated international regulations governed by the MARPOL Convention of the International Maritime Organization (IMO), which will come into effect starting 01 January 2020. The Convention has set a limit for sulfur in fuel oil used on board ships of 0.50% m/m (mass by mass), for ships operating outside designated Emission Control Areas.
- The new set of regulations is projected to significantly reduce the amount of sulfur oxide emanating from ships, for providing major health and environmental benefits. Thus, global scrubber systems market is likely to observe strong potential in the marine industry by 2027.
- In comparison to other air pollution control devices, scrubbers are multidisciplinary, with the ability to remove solids, mists, and gases simultaneously while also providing cooling. They are also capable of handling explosive and flammable gases safely.
- Scrubber systems are likely to play a vital role in the race among industries to achieve zero emissions and zero discharge for industrial manufacturing, automotive, public utilities, and other sectors.
Both Dry and Wet Scrubber Systems to Mark Robust Demand
- Based on product, the scrubber systems market can be divided into wet scrubber systems and dry scrubber systems. Wet scrubber systems are employed to remove pollutants from a furnace flue gas or from other gas streams. In its most basic form, water is encapsulated in a metal or composite container. Contaminated gas is passed through the water, and the water absorbs the contaminates
- Dry scrubber systems are employed mostly to remove acid gases from combustion sources. This is carried out by introducing a series of dry reactants to the exhaust gas at a very high speed. This neutralizes pollutants in the exhaust gas. Unlike wet industrial scrubbers, dry scrubbers do not utilize a liquid to absorb contaminants. Because of this difference, steam is not produced by the reaction, and a wastewater system is not needed. Areas of applications requiring removal of acids found within gasses are likely to demand dry scrubbers systems during forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Scrubber Systems Market here
Marine and Oil & Gas to be the Prominent End-use Industries during Forecast Period
- Based on end-use industry, the scrubber systems market can be divided into marine, oil & gas, chemicals, automotive, pulp & paper, pharmaceuticals and others.
- Oil & gas is estimated to mark substantial demand for scrubber systems by 2027. In the oil & gas industry, scrubber systems can reduce SO2 and SO3, particulates from Fluid Cat Cracking Units (FCCU), Sulfur Recovery Units (SRU), Crude Distillation Units (CDU), power boilers, fired heaters and various other processes.
- The harmful emissions created from shipping fleets may affect several regions across the globe. As a consequence the marine industry will in the coming years face tougher legislation on emissions. Marine is expected to be the rapidly expanding segment of the global scrubber systems market during the forecast period. Scrubbers have been incorporated in various types of vessels across the globe including: roll-on/roll-off (RO-RO), ferries, cruise ships, container ships, and very large crude carriers (VLCCs); as these vessels are heavy emitters of SOx.
Corrosion Issues Associated with Scrubber Systems to hamper the Overall Market
- Scrubber systems suffer from high levels of corrosion and produce slurry waste streams which are less convenient for recycling and disposal.
- Stringent legislations regarding disposal of contaminated effluents from scrubber systems is expected to hinder the global market for scrubber systems during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be the Key Region in Global Scrubber Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global Scrubber Systems market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be the rapidly expanding market for scrubber systems across the globe from 2019 to 2027. Rapid urbanization in Asia Pacific is likely to require new and improved infrastructure, including water, power, and transportation; all of which need a clean throughput. In Asia Pacific, the demand for scrubber systems is rapidly rising, due to increase in the use of wet scrubbers, dry scrubbers, and absorbers in marine and pharmaceuticals industries in China, Singapore, and Japan.
- In terms of consumption, North America is expected to hold the leading share of the global scrubber systems market during the forecast period. Rising demand from the pharmaceutical industry in the region is driving the demand for scrubber systems in North America.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
Leading market players are largely investing in research and development of scrubber systems for marine, absorber, and pharmaceutical applications due to high power, low cost, and easy availability of these systems. Key manufacturers operating in the Scrubber Systems market include
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Alfa Laval
- Yara Marine Technologies
- Bowers & Wilkins
- CECO Environmental
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Hamon Research-Cottrell
- HELMHOLTZ CENTRE FOR INFECTION RESEARCH
- Nederman Holding AB
- Verantis Environmental Solutions Group
Global Scrubber Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Scrubber Systems Market, by Product
- Wet Scrubber Systems
- Dry Scrubber Systems
Global Scrubber Systems Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Pulp & Paper
- Others (Detergents, Mining, Glass, Ceramics, etc.)
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.