Scrubber Systems Market: Efficient Solution to Lessen the Formation of Acid Rain
- A rapid industrialization across the globe has made it imperative to reduce the amounts of sulfur dioxide emitted into the atmosphere. Sulfur dioxide emission control is expected to assume more and more significance with the emission norms becoming even more stringent in future.
- A scrubber system is a diverse group of air pollution control devices, which can be used to remove particulate matter and harmful components such as nitrogen oxides (NOx) and sulfur oxides (SOx) from industrial exhaust streams.
- When emitted into the atmosphere sulfur oxides could dissolve in the water in the air and form acid rain. Scrubber systems market is estimated to have robust demand in the near future, as a solution to limit the formation of acid rain, which is highly detrimental to the environment.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Scrubber Systems Market? Ask for the report brochure here
Key Drivers of Scrubber Systems Market
- The scrubber systems can handle flammable and explosive dusts with low risk. These are compact and can often be retrofitted into existing collection systems. The scrubber systems are likely to see substantial demand in a diverse range of wet scrubbing, dry scrubbing, mercury removal, and absorber-in-scrubber waste products by 2027.
- Increasing demand for scrubber systems from the petrochemical industry is estimated to offer immense opportunities to the global scrubber systems market during the forecast period.
- Sulfur emissions to the atmosphere by sea-going vessels are limited by new and updated international regulations governed by the MARPOL Convention of the International Maritime Organization (IMO), which will come into effect starting 01 January 2020. The Convention has set a limit for sulfur in fuel oil used on board ships of 0.50% m/m (mass by mass), for ships operating outside designated Emission Control Areas.
- The new set of regulations is projected to significantly reduce the amount of sulfur oxide emanating from ships, for providing major health and environmental benefits. Thus, global scrubber systems market is likely to observe strong potential in the marine industry by 2027.
- In comparison to other air pollution control devices, scrubbers are multidisciplinary, with the ability to remove solids, mists, and gases simultaneously while also providing cooling. They are also capable of handling explosive and flammable gases safely.
- Scrubber systems are likely to play a vital role in the race among industries to achieve zero emissions and zero discharge for industrial manufacturing, automotive, public utilities, and other sectors.
Both Dry and Wet Scrubber Systems to Mark Robust Demand
- Based on product, the scrubber systems market can be divided into wet scrubber systems and dry scrubber systems. Wet scrubber systems are employed to remove pollutants from a furnace flue gas or from other gas streams. In its most basic form, water is encapsulated in a metal or composite container. Contaminated gas is passed through the water, and the water absorbs the contaminates
- Dry scrubber systems are employed mostly to remove acid gases from combustion sources. This is carried out by introducing a series of dry reactants to the exhaust gas at a very high speed. This neutralizes pollutants in the exhaust gas. Unlike wet industrial scrubbers, dry scrubbers do not utilize a liquid to absorb contaminants. Because of this difference, steam is not produced by the reaction, and a wastewater system is not needed. Areas of applications requiring removal of acids found within gasses are likely to demand dry scrubbers systems during forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on competition on Scrubber Systems Market here
Marine and Oil & Gas to be the Prominent End-use Industries during Forecast Period
- Based on end-use industry, the scrubber systems market can be divided into marine, oil & gas, chemicals, automotive, pulp & paper, pharmaceuticals and others.
- Oil & gas is estimated to mark substantial demand for scrubber systems by 2027. In the oil & gas industry, scrubber systems can reduce SO2 and SO3, particulates from Fluid Cat Cracking Units (FCCU), Sulfur Recovery Units (SRU), Crude Distillation Units (CDU), power boilers, fired heaters and various other processes.
- The harmful emissions created from shipping fleets may affect several regions across the globe. As a consequence the marine industry will in the coming years face tougher legislation on emissions. Marine is expected to be the rapidly expanding segment of the global scrubber systems market during the forecast period. Scrubbers have been incorporated in various types of vessels across the globe including: roll-on/roll-off (RO-RO), ferries, cruise ships, container ships, and very large crude carriers (VLCCs); as these vessels are heavy emitters of SOx.
Corrosion Issues Associated with Scrubber Systems to hamper the Overall Market
- Scrubber systems suffer from high levels of corrosion and produce slurry waste streams which are less convenient for recycling and disposal.
- Stringent legislations regarding disposal of contaminated effluents from scrubber systems is expected to hinder the global market for scrubber systems during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be the Key Region in Global Scrubber Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global Scrubber Systems market can be split into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is estimated to be the rapidly expanding market for scrubber systems across the globe from 2019 to 2027. Rapid urbanization in Asia Pacific is likely to require new and improved infrastructure, including water, power, and transportation; all of which need a clean throughput. In Asia Pacific, the demand for scrubber systems is rapidly rising, due to increase in the use of wet scrubbers, dry scrubbers, and absorbers in marine and pharmaceuticals industries in China, Singapore, and Japan.
- In terms of consumption, North America is expected to hold the leading share of the global scrubber systems market during the forecast period. Rising demand from the pharmaceutical industry in the region is driving the demand for scrubber systems in North America.
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
Leading market players are largely investing in research and development of scrubber systems for marine, absorber, and pharmaceutical applications due to high power, low cost, and easy availability of these systems. Key manufacturers operating in the Scrubber Systems market include
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Alfa Laval
- Yara Marine Technologies
- Bowers & Wilkins
- CECO Environmental
- Evoqua Water Technologies LLC
- Fuji Electric Co., Ltd.
- Hamon Research-Cottrell
- HELMHOLTZ CENTRE FOR INFECTION RESEARCH
- Nederman Holding AB
- Verantis Environmental Solutions Group
Global Scrubber Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Scrubber Systems Market, by Product
- Wet Scrubber Systems
- Dry Scrubber Systems
Global Scrubber Systems Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
- Pulp & Paper
- Others (Detergents, Mining, Glass, Ceramics, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.