Scalable Processor Market Introduction
Scalable processor delivers data center modernization to enhance operational effectiveness that lead to greater output and improved total cost of ownership (TCO) for users. On the basis of design, scalable processor sets a different level of platform capabilities and convergence across storage, memory, compute, network, and security. The processor has the competency to enable an advanced level of pervasive, consistent, and breakthrough performance. Scalable Processor is generally available in the form of socket type that includes two, four and eight sockets which provides a seamless balance between energy efficiency and improved throughput.
For business organizations, a scalable processor platform provides next-generation enterprise competency to large, small & medium size enterprises that can assist the data-fueled era, hybrid cloud services, and also help to increase day-to-day operations among them.
Want to know the obstructions to your company’s growth in future? Request a brochure here
Scalable Processor Market- Competitive Landscape
- In April 2019, Intel launched its second generation “Xeon Platinum Scalable Processors 9200 Series” that has the capabilities to accelerates performance of up to 14 times for deep learning inference workloads includes image classification, object detection, and speech recognition..
- In June 2019, Marvell Technology Group signed a partnership agreement with Arm Limited for the design & development of next-generation Marvell ThunderX scalable and highly optimized server processor technology. This partnership is expected to help both the companies improve their market position and accelerate and enhance worldwide penetration.
Founded in 1968 and located in the United States, Intel Corporation designs, develops, and manufactures data storage, networking, computing, and communication solutions worldwide. The company mainly provides system-on-chip, microprocessors, and multichip packaging products for various applications such as automotive, retail, industrial, and several other embedded applications.
Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Inc
Founded in 1969 and located in the United States, Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Inc manufactures semiconductor and enterprise solutions worldwide. The company operates its business mainly through enterprise, embedded, semi-custom computing & graphics. It provides x86 microprocessors, chipsets, and professional GPUs; discrete &integrated (GPUs); semi-custom System-on-Chip (SoC) products; and server & embedded processors and technology for game consoles.
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Founded in 1985 and located in the United States, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. manufactures wireless semiconductor chips worldwide. The company designs and develops a VR software development kit, Qualcomm Snapdragon XR1 Platform, Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform, and others specifically in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific regions.
Founded in 1993 and located in the United States, NVIDIA Corporation manufactures visual computing solutions worldwide. The company provides processors such as Quadro for design professionals working in computer-aided design; GeForce NOW for cloud-based game-streaming service; GeForce for PC gaming and mainstream PCs; and special effects, video editing, and other creative applications. Its products are used in various industries such as professional visualization, gaming, automotive, and datacenter markets.
Founded in 1953 and located in Netherlands, NXP Semiconductor designs and develops embedded application solutions worldwide. The company mainly provides power management devices, microcontrollers and microprocessors, sensors, RF transceivers, and amplifiers.
Some of the prominent players in the scalable processor market are Rockchip, Arm Limited, Marvell Technology Group, Ampere Computing, and Fujitsu.
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Scalable Processor Market Dynamics
Rapid Adoption of 5G Network Driving the Scalable Processor Market
A scalable processor platform is the foundation for next-generation platforms to build 5G-ready networks, which are cloud-optimized and virtualized. It provides a structural design that adapts & scales with ease to handle the growing demands of evolving applications such as high-performance packet processing, signal processing, and control plane processing. Therefore, the adoption of 5G technology is likely to allow completely new ecosystems and modules of enterprise & consumer services coupled with media applications on wireless and wire-line networks. The adoption of 5G networking technology and innovative use cases driven by visual computing, Internet of Things (IoT), and analytics, signify substantial upcoming opportunities for communications service providers (CommSPs) to expand revenue by the adoption of this innovative processor.
High Implementation Cost Restraining Scalable Processor Market Growth
Increasing cost of innovative processor platforms is projected to hinder the growth of the market. Budget of several enterprises, specifically small & medium enterprises (SMEs) is limited. Its high implementation cost causes budget limitations in small- & medium-sized businesses to deliver effective data storage solutions, which is restricting the growth of the scalable processor market.
Scalable Processor Market Segmentation
Based on socket type, the scalable processor market is segmented into
- Up to Two
- Up to Four
- Up to Eight
Based on memory, the scalable processor market is segmented into
- Up to 1 TB
- Up to 5 TB
- Up to 10 TB
- Above 10 TB
Based on applications, the scalable processor market is segmented into
- Artificial intelligence
- Autonomous driving
- High performance computing (HPC)
- In-memory analytics
- Network transformation
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.