Saw Palmetto Extract Market: Introduction
Saw palmetto is a small palm tree grown natively in the subtropical regions of the United States and is used traditionally by the Indian Americans from centuries for medicinal purposes. Saw palmetto is rich in free fatty acids, free and conjugated sterols, flavonoid and high molecular weight polysaccharides. Traditionally saw palmetto extract is used as expectorant, tonic for both male and female reproductive system, and urinary tract. Saw palmetto extract preparation involves the processing of dried or partially dried berries. Saw palmetto extract based supplements are famously used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) disease which is also known as enlarged prostate. BPH is caused in men due to the hormonal imbalance and change in cell growth factors due to aging. Men above 50 years have higher probability of developing BPH than the others. Some clinical studies supports the effect of saw palmetto on BPH while some of them finds no benefits of saw palmetto extract based supplements over placebo. However, most of saw palmetto extract products are advertised to support prostate and urinary health in men. The extract of saw palmetto is standardized by various manufacturer and it is available in varying strength. Products based on the herbal extract are gaining momentum in the market, as the consumer are embracing the shift of conventional products towards the herbal extract based products.
Saw Palmetto Extract Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature of product saw palmetto extract is segmented as organic and conventional saw palmetto extract. The organic saw palmetto extract is expected to draw significant attention among health conscious consumer and subsequently act as a driving tool for the saw palmetto extract market growth. Saw palmetto extract is segmented on the basis of form which includes liquid extract and powder extract. Powder extract segment is expected to build a steady increase in market demand attributed to its diversity in use. Saw palmetto extract is also segmented on the basis of end use application which includes dietary supplements and cosmetics. Saw palmetto extract is available in almost every dosage form including capsules soft gels and tablets, hence the dietary supplement segment is expected to account for a significant growth in the market during the forecast period.
Saw Palmetto Extract Market Dynamics
Palmetto extract is used widely used in the developed market as it promote the health of male physiology. Furthermore, there is a common believe among people about the herbal extracts based products that they have no major side effects in long term usage. However, some studies indicate no benefits of saw palmetto based extract based supplements over the placebo and side effects such as abdominal pain, and mild headaches are some of the factors may restraint the market growth during the forecast period.
Saw Palmetto Extract Regional Outlook
North America is expected to represent major market value share over the forecast period owing to favorable geographical condition for the farming as it is grown natively and high consumer demand owing to increase in health awareness and increasing trend of herbal products. In North America, the U.S. is expected to represent major value share in the near future. Europe is also expected to show substantial growth owing to the popularity of the health benefits of saw palmetto extract based products. Asia Pacific and, Middle East and Africa expected to represents moderate growth in saw palmetto extract market over the forecast period.
Saw Palmetto Extract Key Players
Some of the key player operating in saw palmetto extract market are Amax NutraSource, Inc., AuNutra Industries Inc, Bio-Botanica Inc., Bristol Botanicals Limited, Carrubba Inc, Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC, Nutra Green Biotechnology Co.,Ltd and others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.