Satellites are playing vital role in the oil & gas industry. Right from exploration of fossil fuel to production and transportation of crude oil, satellite services assist upstream, midstream, and downstream branches of the oil & gas industry. Operations in the oil & gas industry, whether they are onshore or offshore, are mostly carried out in remote locations. These locations are far from any infrastructural development, isolated, and with harsh environmental conditions. The difficulty and risk levels are high in offshore operations, due to uncertain and continuously changing conditions of winds and waves. Satellite services comprise communication services and remote-sensing services that can be utilized in the oil & gas industry.
With their innovative technology of high spatial resolution imaging, remote-sensing satellite services can help in the exploration of new hydrocarbon reserves. The high-resolution surface data obtained from satellite imagery exhibits different surface features of the area of interest. This, in turn, helps to design, manage, and execute geophysical exploration surveys required for the exploration of oil and gas deposits.
In midstream oil & gas operations, remote sensing satellite services can be used for continuous monitoring and mapping of widespread, extensively long network of pipelines. Leakage or damage of crude oil pipelines can cause severe environmental pollution. This can be a major loss in terms of revenue to any oil & gas company. Thus, maintaining the safety and integrity of pipeline satellite services can save great amount of time and money involved in midstream oil & gas operations.
Communication satellite services are capable to provide broadband Internet, voice over IP (VoIP), real-time video, and reliable wireless communications in harsh offshore as well as onshore environments. Instant and crucial decision-making is a regular task in upstream oil & gas operations, wherein the communication between management, scientists, and onsite workforce plays a key role. Communication satellite services help in addressing health- and safety-related issues in such high-risk operations.
The ever-increasing demand for crude oil is a key driver for the satellite services market for the oil & gas industry. The era of easy oil is over. The rise in demand for this favored energy source is creating need for exploring new oil and gas deposits across the world. The new reserves of oil and gas are being discovered in deeper, offshore environments. The future of the oil & gas industry lies mostly in offshore environments. This presents growth opportunities for the satellite services market for the oil & gas industry.
Though the oil & gas industry is currently suffering due to low oil prices, it is likely to recover in the next few years. On the other hand, increased use of renewable energy sources could be one of the major restraints for the industry. However, along with renewable energy sources, natural gas has emerged as one of the most favored fuels in recent times. Thus, the satellite service market for the oil & gas industry is likely to expand at a significant rate in the near future.
Geographically, North America holds a major share of the global satellite services market for the oil & gas industry. The region has several players that offer satellite services and is also one of the major producers of oil and gas. Middle East & Africa is known for its oil and gas reserves and hence, the region is estimated to be a lucrative market for satellite services in the near future. Asia Pacific is home to some of the major petroleum refineries in the world. This presents growth opportunities for the market in the region.
Major players operating in the satellite services market for the oil & gas industry are ESOA, Ground Control, DHI GRAS A/S., i-cubed, LLC. ESRI, Infosat Communications, Castor Networks, ND SatCom GmbH, Network Innovations, Datasat Communications, Orange Business Services, and Hughes Network Systems LLC.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.