Global Satellite GPS Receivers Market – Introduction
- Satellite GPS receiver is a tool that is used for navigation purposes. It uses a portable radio receiver to pick up the speed of light from orbit satellites. NAVSTAR GPS is a highly popular satellite navigation system used by the U.S. Government. It is operated by the U.S. Air Force. The global navigation satellite system provides geo-location and time information to GPS receivers anywhere in the world.
- Satellite GPS does not require a user to transfer any data. It works independently, irrespective of any telephonic or Internet reception. However, the use of internet can enhance the usage of the GPS navigation system. Satellite navigation system is freely accessible to anyone who has a GPS receiver.
- GPS is becoming more advanced and providing highly accurate results due to technological developments. For instance, GPS provided five-meter (16 feet) accuracy in 2000. However, the latest technology advancement has developed the L5 band, which provides 30 centimeters or 11.8 inches accuracy. Various types of advanced satellite GPS are available in the market. These include Explorer GPS Receiver, Monarch-M Receiver, Sentinel M-Code GPS Receiver, and Viceroy GPS Receiver.
- Satellite GPS is primarily used by the military to map routes with precision in order to coordinate operations and weapons targeting. However, GPS has certain vulnerabilities which includes jamming and spoofing. Jamming means blocking or interfering with the GPS signal and combine with the white noise. Spoofing refers to duplication of the GPS signal and sending false information to GPS receiver. It is difficult to overcome from spoofing, due to availability of commercial hardware and open source software which can be easily found on the Internet.
- North America is expected to be a prominent region of the global satellite GPS receivers market due to the presence of developed infrastructure facilities and availability of advanced technologies in the region. The satellite GPS receivers market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand due to technological advancements and government initiatives in the space industry in the region.
Satellite GPS Receivers Market – Dynamics
Rise in Usage of Innovative and Resilient Components
- Led by technological advancements, vendors of satellite GPS receivers are increasingly focusing on developing highly resilient components such as power amplifiers, receivers, and waveform generators. For instance, jamming can be overcome by strong transmitted signal strength and smart GPS receiver antennas, which can differentiate between an authentic signal and noise. These developments are anticipated to boost the demand for satellite GPS receivers.
Increase in Data Security Concerns
- As the technology are developing, vulnerabilities are also coming with that such as there are lots of software and hardware available in the market which can manipulate GPS receiver data. This is projected to hamper the satellite GPS receivers market.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Satellite GPS Receivers Market – Competition Landscape
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Satellite GPS Receivers Market”
Key Players Operating in Global Satellite GPS Receivers Market
- General Dynamics Mission Systems, Inc.
- NVS Navigation Technologies Ltd.
- Hexagon AB
- Broadcom Inc.
- Trimble Inc.
- TomTom International BV
- Rockwell Collins Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Garmin Ltd.
- Mio Technology Corporation
Satellite GPS Receivers Market: Regional Overview
- North America is expected to be the major region of the global satellite GPS receivers market in the near future, due to the availability of advanced technologies in the region. Majority of the leading vendors of satellite GPS receivers have strong presence in North America. The satellite GPS receivers market in Asia Pacific and Europe is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years, due to the increase in investments in research and development activities in the space industry and adoption of advanced technologies.
Global Satellite GPS Receivers Market: Research Scope
Global Satellite GPS Receivers Market, by Frequency Band Type
- L1 Band
- L2 Band
- L5 Band
Global Satellite GPS Receivers Market, by Application
- Surveying & Mapping
- Public Safety & Disaster Relief
- Military & Defense
Global Satellite GPS Receivers Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- GPS Receiver Market
- Global Positioning Systems Market
- Global GNSS Simulators Market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.