Sandblasting Materials Market: Introduction
- Sandblasting, also known as abrasive blasting, is a process in which materials such as glass beads, silica abrasives, and coal sag are shot at a high velocity through an air tool across the surface of a hard material until the surface becomes clear of debris or has a sanded smooth finish
- Various types of sandblasting materials consist of silica/Si sand, aluminum oxide grit, coal slag, corn cob grit, glass beads, acrylic, crushed glass grit, and silicon carbide, among others. Silica sand is expected to hold large share of the sandblasting materials market because of its wide applications.
- The silicon carbide segment is anticipated to expand at a fast pace due to the wide application of silicon carbide in blast cleaning, primarily in the removal of impurities from steel surface
- The automotive segment is expected to lead the global consumption of sandblasting materials market. It is likely to be followed by aviation and building & construction segments.
- Growth in industrialization in developing counties is driving the metalworking application, which is further expected to hold important share of the sandblasting materials market due to its ability to modify metal work piece surface hardness and aid in carving patterns in slip resistance treatment of metal and non-metal item surfaces
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Sandblasting Materials Market
- Significant growth in use of sandblasting machines in domestic and industrial applications; and increase in investment in the technological sector by leading players are driving the sandblasting materials market. Rise in usage of sandblasting materials in the automotive sector is expected to influence the dynamics of the market in the near future.
- The construction and metalworking sectors are expanding significantly across the globe, especially in developing regions. Extensive application of sandblasting for surface texturing of concrete and rust removal on metallic and non-metallic surfaces is estimated to boost the demand for sandblasting materials.
- Robotic blasting systems are being increasingly adopted in order to enhance the scope of sandblasting materials in areas where quality control needs are not sufficed by standardized automation solutions. Industries including aerospace, automotive, medical, and consumer electronics make use of these materials in several applications such as material removal, stress relief, mold cleaning, surface preparation, coating removal, and shot peening.
- According to the OICA, the global automotive production stood at more than 97 million units in 2017. The automotive industry requires abrasives at various stages in the production process.
- Implementation of stringent regulations in developed countries to safeguard workers exposed to sandblasting procedure in order to mitigate potential health hazards such as silicosis and nervous breakdown from the dust emission from silica is likely to hamper the global sandblasting materials market. These mandates are provided by legislations such as Clean Air Act Amendments, OSHA, National Ambient Air Quality Standards, and Environmental Protection Agency.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Sandblasting Materials Market
- In terms of region, the global sandblasting materials market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is expected to be a key region of the sandblasting materials market by 2027.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be major region of the global sandblasting materials market in 2017. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a rapid pace in the next few years owing to the rise in infrastructure spending in the region.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in the Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global sandblasting materials market include:
- Abrasives Inc.
- Eisenwerk Würth GmbH
- AB Shot Tecnics S.L.
- Prince Minerals LLC
- Blastech, Crystal Mark Inc.
- Clemco Industries
- Empire Abrasive Equipment
- Graco, Sinto Group
- Grainger Approved
- Barton International Inc.
- Kramer Industries
Global Sandblasting Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Sandblasting Materials Market, by Type
- Silica/Si Sand
- Aluminum Oxide
- Coal Slag
- Corn Cob
- Sodium Bicarbonate
- Dry Ice
- Crushed Glass
- Silicon Carbide
Global Sandblasting Materials Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Consumer Home Appliances
Global Sandblasting Materials Market, by End-use Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.