Global Salt Content Reduction Ingredients Market: Overview
Sodium reduction refers to the process of reducing salt content in food items so as to offer prevention from various health issues. Salt is either totally replaced with salt content reduction ingredients or the excess amount is removed from food preparations. Salt content reduction ingredients have a crucial role to play in food additives industry. Slat is a necessary element needed by our body; however, excess of salt in body can lead to conditions like cardiovascular diseases and strokes.
The global salt content reduction ingredients market has been segmented on the basis of three parameters, namely type, application, and region.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Global Salt Content Reduction Ingredients Market, ask for a customized report
Global Salt Content Reduction Ingredients Market: Notable Developments
The following development reveals the changing dynamics of the global salt content reduction ingredients market:
- In 2015, Archer Daniels Midland Company, flavor and specialty ingredient specialist, has revealed a brand new technology that would cut down sodium by 30%, particularly in meat products. At the same time, it would also ensure that meat products do not lose out on their unique salty taste. The company introduced two key products, namely Salt Enhancer and Sea SaltTrim for salt reduction. Sea SaltTrim when combined with other natural flavors, it gives the taste of salt without the bitterness of potassium. These products are likely to boost to the salt content reduction ingredients market.
A few of the leading market vendors of the global salt content reduction ingredients market are as mentioned below:
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Sensient Technologies Corp
- Kerry Group Plc
- Angel Yeast Co. Ltd.
- Royal DSM NV
- Cargill Inc.
Global Salt Content Reduction Ingredients Market: Key Trends
The global salt content reduction ingredients market is likely to be influenced by the following drivers, restrains, opportunities during the study period.
Increased Risk for Many Health Issues is Likely to Accentuate Demand
Increased consumer awareness about the ill effects of excessive intake of salt coupled with rising demand for high-nutrient content food products is likely to propel the global salt content reduction ingredients market. In addition, initiatives taken by private companies and government to raise awareness about the ill effects of intake of salt in excess are likely to offer growth opportunity to the global salt content reduction ingredients market. Augmented demand for processed food items in most parts of the world is likely to bolster demand for salt content reduction ingredients. Processed food products contain more salt than other food products.
Consumption of salt in excess could lead to many health conditions like cardiovascular illnesses and hypertension. Use of monosodium glutamate and reduction in salt content is highly advisable. Used as a salt content reduction ingredient, monosodium glutamate comes with many benefits. Intake of monosodium glutamate reduces salt by 40% without any lost of salty taste. Monosodium glutamate contains one third of the sodium found in salt. Glutamates contribute only 2% of salt content despite being sprinkled abundantly over food. Monosodium glutamate in small portion is required to make food tasty and it is harmless even if more quantity is added.
Furthermore, many studies have exhibited that reduced intake of salt is a cost effective way of reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Utilization of effective and safe food ingredients to reduce salt content in food and at the same time imparting the same taste of salt is an effective strategy to diminish salt intake across the globe.
To clarify your doubts about the report on Salt Content Reduction Ingredients Market, Request a Brochure here
Global Salt Content Reduction Ingredients Market: Geographical Analysis
Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa, Europe, and North America comprise the major regions of the global salt content reduction ingredients market.
In the global salt content reduction ingredients market, Europe and North America are the leading regions. The dominance of these two regions is owing to high awareness among the consumers. The demand for processed food in countries like the U.S., the U.K. is estimated to support the growth of the salt content reduction ingredients market in these regions over the period of forecast.
Asia Pacific is also likely to exhibit high growth, the market mainly being driven by India and China. High prevalence of cardiac diseases and hypertension in the region is expected to support the growth of the regional market.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.