Global Sailcloth Market: Snapshot
The drive for the sailcloth market stemmed from the need for modern backpack fabrics. Advances made in sailcloth technologies relate to improving a number of performance parameters. The durability, abrasion resistance, strength to weight ratio are the key ones for developing such a fabric. Further, fray prevention is an important parameter. Continuous material advances have enabled engineers to commercially develop synthetic fiber with high strength. An instance is when manufacturers harness recently developed polymerization techniques to develop sailcloth. Most popularly, it is used in making the fabric components of sails or tents. Over the past few years, the demand for fabrics that meet the most attributes of harsh sailing environment has been growing markedly in various parts of the world. The key business proposition is certainly their cost-effectiveness. A range of aramid fibers have come to the fore for meeting the sailcloth requirement of manufacturers. Characterized with high resistance to stress, amazing heat-resistance, and markedly high strength-to-weight ratio, aramid fibers have been gaining popularity in the sailcloth market. Their use has apparently become versatile in laminated cruising sails and racing sails.
Several new materials have attracted interest of fabric manufacturers in the sailcloth market. These materials are usually priced more than aramid brands, but the array of properties they display has helped them gather traction in the sailcloth market. Chemical companies are tapping into the growing avenue by incorporating various blending technologies. Breakthroughs in recent years have guided them to unveil products that feature at the intersection of right price and high performance. Leveraging the synergistic properties of carbon and ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene manufacturers have been able to expand their product portfolio with new sailcloth technologies. The growing science behind petrochemical processes has also advanced substantially in various developing and developed countries. This imparts momentum to the continuing innovation brought by top players in the sailcloth market.
Sailcloth is a sturdy and heavy cloth which is used to make tents or sails. Sails are a key strategic component in the boat structure. Sea wind, sunlight etc. can weaken the fabric of the sailcloth. Sailcloth is made from a range of materials including natural fibers such as flax and cotton in several forms of canvas, to synthetic fibers, which includes nylon, aramid, polyester, and carbon fibers in a variety of spun, woven, and molded textiles. These are expensive and durable products and have shelf life of more than ten years. Laminated and polyester are popular materials in sailcloth due to their features such as longer life span and sturdy structure. Cotton sailcloth also has demand in sportswear and upholstery. Nylon, Kevlar, and dyneema material are gaining market share due to their better durability and cost effectiveness.
Sailcloth Market - Competitive Landscape
The sailcloth market has several international and local companies. Leading players are focusing on technological developments to reduce the cost of production and increase sales due to growing competition in the market.
- In February 2016, Bainbridge International announced a new range of woven sailcloth named HSX. The company updated its existing sailcloth range to improve its performance. Bainbridge International is focusing on product portfolio expansion to meet the growing global demand for sailcloth.
- In March 2019, Contender Sailcloth launched a new range of marine fabrics, called the Fibercon hybrid range. This product has better performance during impact damage, resistance, and good weaving density. The company aims to improve product quality by investing in R&D.
Is something restraining your company’s growth in the Sailcloth Market? Ask for the Report Brochure
Dimension-Polyant was established in 1966 and is known as a manufacturer of sailcloth. The company’s product portfolio includes cursing sails, downwind sails, racing sails, and upwind sails. The company has its manufacturing plants in Kempten, Germany, and the U.S. It also has several branches across the globe in France, Great Britain, Australia, Italy, Spain, Japan, New Zealand, and Russia.
Bainbridge International was established in 1917 and has headquarters in Hampshire, U.K. AIRX and DIAX are the company’s brands for international distribution. Bainbridge International has its international offices in Europe, the U.S, and Australia. It also has a well-established distribution network across the globe in over 75 countries.
Contender Sailcloth was founded in 1986 and is based in the Netherlands. It has offices across Europe. The company’s product portfolio includes wovens, Spinnaker, laminates, and industrial fabrics.
Several international and domestic players are active in the global sailcloth market. Some of them are Doyle Sailmakers, British Millerain Co. Ltd., North Sails & North Technology Group, Quantum Sails, Challenge Sailcloth, and others.
Sailcloth Market – Dynamics
Growing popularity of sailing across the globe expected to drive the sailcloth market
Rising purchasing power of consumers is fueling participation in different sports and adventure activities including sailing. This is encouraging the demand for sailcloth as it is an essential component in a sailing boat. Technological advancement in sailcloth such as development of bio-based fabrics is also influencing the market growth positively. This is anticipated to support growth of the sailcloth market during the forecast period.
Entry of domestic manufacturers in the sailcloth market expected to create competition which may influence the price of products in the coming years
Growing demand for sailcloth is encouraging domestic players to enter the market. This may boost competition and decrease the share of premium brands in the market. It is also anticipated to impact price and quality of the product. Major manufacturers are focusing on product innovation and regional expansion to minimize the effect of increasing participation of domestic players. They are also aiming to develop quality products by using materials such as Kevlar and dyneema.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Sailcloth Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Sailcloth Market – Segmentation
On the basis of type, the sailcloth market is segmented into:
- Laminated Sailcloth
- Polyester Sailcloth
- Nylon Sailcloth
- Others (Carbon Fiber etc.)
Based on application, the sailcloth market is divided into:
- Racing Sails
- Cruising Sails
- Others (Tents etc.)
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.