Safety Sensors: Introduction
- Safety sensors are input devices for the controlling unit to determine or indicate the safety of men and machine. Safety sensors also monitor the movement in hazardous and protected area, restricting the entry into it. Safety sensors ensure a protective work environment and reduce the wear & tear of the machine.
- Various types of safety sensors works on different principles proximity sensors rely on the changes in electromagnetic signal, optic sensors rely on the changes in wavelength of the light, safety light curtain works according to the photodiode principle, while environmental sensors sense the changes in the environment.
- The signals from the sensors are given to the control unit and control unit is responsible for the electromechanical activity.
Rise in Demand for Safety Sensors due to Increase in Industrial Automation and Safety Systems
- Safety systems, integrated with machinery control systems, can be highly effective in mitigating risks while providing effective and productive machinery operation
- The evolution of design of machines has played a significant role in increasing the demand for safety sensors. Environmental health and sciences (EHS) regulations are also fueling the implementation of safety devices at the work place.
- A connected enterprise can help identify risks and offer new insights into where safety-related shutdowns and incidents occur and where further assessment and mitigation might improve worker safety
- Safety sensors offer several advantages; however, their reliability is questioned, as the shutdown due to sensors causes huge losses
Asia Pacific Holds Prominent Market Share
- In terms of application, the automobile segment of the market in Asia Pacific expanding at a rapid pace. Industrial 4.0 Revolution is gaining traction, especially in countries, such as China and India, where are notable large manufacturing bases. Technological innovations in AI, IoT, and robotics have advanced at a much faster pace than expected. The urban public transportation also has great potential as public transportation network is increasing consistently.
- North America followed by Asia Pacific has been affected by the pandemic; however, the region is projected to gain share in the global safety sensor market in the near future.
- In Europe, vehicle emissions regulations, environmental awareness, and demand for safe driving in the automotive sector are estimated to boost the market in the region. The automotive industry employs a wide range of safety sensors in end-products as well in manufacturing processes.
Key Players in Safety Sensors
- The safety and productivity of people, machines, and processes is a key element of any sustainable business. Majority of safety sensors are needed by industrial end users, and safety sensors are used where there is high risk of financial and personnel damage.
- Xsens is a leading innovator in 3D motion-sensing technology and products. Its sensor fusion technologies enable a seamless interaction between the physical and the digital world in applications such as industrial control and stabilization, health, sports and 3D character animation.
Key players include:
- TE Connectivity
- Pinnacle Systems Inc.
- Rockwell Automation
- Banner Engineering Corporation
- Honeywell Aerospace
- Rohm Semiconductor
- OSRAM Opto Semiconductors
- NKK Switches
- TDK InvenSense
- Xsens Technologies BV
Global: Safety Sensors Market Research Scope
Global Safety Sensors Market, by Application
- Aerospace and Defense
- Consumer Electronics
- Public Safety
Global Safety Sensors Market, by Type
- Proximity Sensor
- Optical Sensor
- Pressure Sensor/Safety mats
- Chemical Sensor
- GAS Sensor
- IR Sensors
- Motion Sensor
- Accelerometer/Hall Effect Sensor
Global Safety Sensors Market, by Industry or End-user
- Manufacturing/Food processing
- Oil, Gas, Mining And Chemical
Global Safety Sensors Market, by Region
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of North America
- South America
- Rest of Europe
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.