Safety Laser Scanner Market: Introduction
- A safety laser scanner is a safety device that provides a laser safety solution for safeguarding stationary and mobile applications. Safety laser scanners use time of flight principle, which means the scanner determines the position of an object based on the time taken by the laser to bounce back from an object and return to unit.
- In safety laser scanners, customizable protection and warning zones are easily created to safeguard any area. Safety laser scanners continuously offer two-dimensional area monitoring with an opening angle of 275 degrees for protection of personnel, equipment, and mobile systems.
- Safety laser scanners are used in various end-use industries, namely, healthcare & pharmaceuticals, automotive, food & beverages, and consumer goods and electronics, among others for protection of equipment as well as people from hazardous areas or to detect any undesirable entry into a hazardous area.
- Additionally, safety laser scanners are mounted on a transfer cart or an automated guide vehicle to eliminate the risk of collisions with people or objects in its path
Rise in Demand for Safety Laser Scanners in Automotive and Electronics Industry
- One of the major driving factors for the growth of the global safety laser scanner market is increasing adoption of safety laser scanner devices in industrial automation.
- In industrial automation, large number of machines work on assembly lines, in order to safeguard machines. Laser safety scanners are widely used due to their versatility. The scanners can be mounted vertically or horizontally to cover various types of hazards.
- Additionally, the scanner prevents hazards when a person or an object is in a dangerous area. Safety laser scanners are increasingly used in industrial automation applications owing to these advantages. As a result, rising adoption of safety laser scanners in industrial automation to safeguard machines is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Automobile manufacturers are focusing on technological developments to improve safety standards of passengers as well as commercial vehicles. A vehicle navigation system is an important feature in the safety of a vehicle. In vehicle navigation systems, safety laser scanners are used to detect objects for collision avoidance and vehicle guidance. Hence, safety laser scanners are being increasingly used in vehicle navigation systems, which is anticipated to be one of the key factors driving the market in the automotive industry.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Global Safety Laser Scanner Market
- In terms of region, the global safety laser scanner market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific has the largest market share due to focus on industrial automation and robotics technology, which ensures safety of workers in the industry.
- In late 2018, the South Korean government approved a bill, OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) to govern safety at the workplace and have imposed a fine of over USD 9,000 on violation. Such a move by governments is expected to drive the adoption of safety laser scanners to ensure safety compliance by companies.
- North America may witness significant growth of the safety laser scanner market due to increase in use of safety lasers in the automotive industry.
Key Players in the Global Safety Laser Scanner Market
- Rockwell Automation
- Leuze electronic GmbH
- Omron Corporation
- Keyence Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pepperl+Fuchs GmbH
- IDEC Corporation
- Sick AG
- OKUYO AUTOMATIC CO. LTD.
- Pilz GmbH & Co.
- Banner Engineering
Global Safety Laser Scanner Market, Research Scope
Global Safety Laser Scanner Market, by Product Type
- Mobile Safety Laser Scanner
- Stationary Safety Laser Scanner
Global Safety Laser Scanner Market, by End-use Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals
- Consumer Goods and Electronics
Global Safety Laser Scanner Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.