Rye Flour: Market Outlook
Increasing demand for specialty flour is anticipated to fuel the market prospects for rye flour in foreseeable future. The rye flour market has witnessed significant growth in recent years and is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. Rye is identical to wheat in shape but is larger in size. The colour ranges from yellowish brown to greyish black. Rye flour is a good source of antioxidants & nutrients, due to the high concentration of iron and dietary fibres. Rye is favoured over wheat in cold areas as rye grain can be produced under mixed climatic conditions, whereas wheat requires dry & warm weather. The colour of the flour depends upon the amount of bran remaining in the flour after processing. The more of the bran left, the darker the meal. The bran layer contains more nutrients, which boosts the nutritional value of the flour. Therefore, consumers prefer a dark variety, owing to its nutritional and health benefiting properties. Rye flour includes less gluten than wheat and barley when used for baking. Gluten in rye is weaker at collecting bubbles and less flexible during the baking process to create less airy bread. Some of the most significant nutritional benefits of rye flour include its potential to help fight cancer, weight gain, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure and inflammation. The increasing consumer preference for nutritional and low-gluten food products is anticipate to increase the market demand for rye flour over the forecast period.
Increasing Health and Wellness Trends Proliferates the Demand for Rye Flour
Rye is a great source of fibre, which is particularly important in the United States, as most Americans do not have enough fibres in their daily diet. Rye flour is thus increasing used in households and commercial purposes to substantiate nutritional requirement of the body. Rye flour is used by gym enthusiasts and fitness lovers owing to its weight-loss attributes. Rye fibres have an extremely high water-binding ability and quickly give a feeling of satiety and fullness, making rye flour based end products a real aid to anyone trying to lose weight. This weight losing property is driving the growth of rye flour in the U.S. market. Also, the rye flour can be used for skin and hair products. The minerals like magnesium, zinc, iron and calcium, help beat the sign of early aging & can make hair smooth and strong. The rye flour works fine on wrinkles and blemishes. This anti-aging properties of rye flour is expected witness high growth in personal care industry.
Rye Flour: Market Segmentation
On the basis of nature, global rye flour can be segmented as:
On the basis of product type, global rye flour can be segmented as:
On the basis of end-use, global rye flour can be segmented as:
- Cosmetics & Personal Care
On the basis of distribution channel, global rye flour market can be segmented as:
- Hypermarkets / Supermarkets
- Convenience Store
- Online Retailers
- Speciality Stores
Global Rye Flour Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the rye flour market include Grain Millers Dairy Products, Inc., Hain Celestial Group, Inc., EDME, Paddy Mill, Swiss Bake Ingredients Pvt. Ltd., International Multifood Corporation, Bay State Milling Company, King Arthur Flour Company, Inc., General Mills, Inc., Merck KGaA, Darmstadt Germany.
- In January 2017, EDME Food Ingredients, acquired EN-XL trailers from Lawrence David. These investments will help the company strengthen its transport distribution network and, in effect, broaden the supply for rye flour with improved supply chain.
Europe is Frontrunner in Global Rye Market
Europe is anticipated to have a significant growth in rye flour demand as they are the largest producer of rye across the globe. Rye flour of different extraction rates is widely used in Eastern Europe to make a variety of breads both crispbreads and soft breads using conventional sour dough or straight dough processes. Poland, Germany, Russia, and other Central European countries have a rich tradition of producing rye bread because of the yield and the ease with which it develops. During the Iron Age, Rye was perhaps the most popular cereal grain in the Nordic culture and has remained stable grain in that culture’s diet currently. This European culture is thus triggering the growth of global rye flour market.
Opportunities for rye flour market participants:
The shift in lifestyles has led to a global expansion for convenience foods, a category predominantly led by bakery products. Furthermore, this scenario is followed by the saturation of conventional bakery products in regions including the Western Europe and United States, which have higher consumption levels for convenience foods. In addition to its distinctive taste, the fact that rye flour can be used effectively in bakeries as an organic dough conditioner is widely known by bakers. As a result, demand for rye flour has increased, particularly in the case of premium bakery products. This tend to create opportunities for global key players in the bakery industry over the forecast period.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.