Rubber Vulcanizing Accelerators Enhance Tire Manufacturing Process and Reduce Sulfur Use
- Rubber vulcanizing accelerators play an important part in the tire manufacturing process. Vulcanization is a chemical process that includes treatment of natural rubber with sulfur to form a three-dimensional cross-link between the polymer chains at a certain temperature. Vulcanization, which includes various accelerators enhances the strength and elasticity of rubber in the presence of sulfur.
- The rubber manufacturing process includes vulcanization to provide superior properties to the rubber. Cross-linkage of the polymer chain requires time for molecular bonding. In the process, various types of catalyst compounds play a key role as an accelerator in the vulcanizing process. A few key accelerators are thiazoles, guanidines, xanthate, dithiocarbamates, and thiuram. These accelerators enhance the properties of rubber such as tensile strength, hardness, abrasion, and resistance to solvents.
Key Drivers of Rubber Vulcanizing Accelerators Market
- Rubber vulcanizing accelerators are less toxic and non-hazardous products that are used to increase the reaction speed of vulcanization process and reduce the time for completion. Rubber vulcanizing accelerators propel the speed for vulcanizing across link bonds and reduce dependency on sulfur compounds.
- The rubber of the tire and other vehicle components play an important role in fuel efficiency due to the excellent elasticity and strength of the rubber material. An increase in stringent regulations on the automotive industry to curb carbon emission and enhance fuel efficiency of vehicles is expected to drive the rubber vulcanizing accelerators market in the near future.
- Shift in trend across the automotive industry toward the adoption of lightweight vehicle parts across the globe is providing a lucrative opportunity to OEM companies operating in the automotive industry. This, in turn, is projected to boost the rubber vulcanizing accelerators market in the near future.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Product Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities
- Based on product type, the rubber vulcanizing accelerators market can be categorized into thiazoles, guanidines, dithiocarbamates, sulfonamide, and thiuram. The sulfonamide segment is projected to account for a major share of the rubber vulcanizing accelerators market during the forecast period.
- Sulfonamides are an important type of accelerator utilized in the rubber industry. It is an important compound which increases the speed of the vulcanization process. This accelerator has been utilized in the manufacture of rubber for several years.
Asia Pacific to Hold Key Share of Global Rubber Vulcanizing Accelerators Market
- In terms of geography, rubber vulcanizing accelerators market can be split across five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- Asia Pacific is projected to gain major share of the global rubber vulcanizing accelerators market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period. Rising demand for automotive vehicles along with high production in China, Japan, and South Korea is expected to fuel the demand for rubber vulcanizing accelerators during the forecast period.
- Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and India are the top five rubber producing countries in the world. An increase in stringent regulations on carbon emission and fuel efficiency across the region is likely to boost demand for rubber vulcanizing accelerators in the next few years.
- The rubber vulcanizing accelerators market in North America and Europe is projected to expand at a moderate pace due to the presence of well-established players in the automotive industry and OEM companies operating in these regions
- Latin America and Middle East & Africa are highly dependent on rubber imports due to the limited production of natural raw rubber in the countries in these regions. Increasing industrialization in both regions is likely to drive the demand for rubber vulcanizing accelerators in the near future.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global rubber vulcanizing accelerators market comprises a large number of manufacturing companies operating around the globe. Few of the key players operating in the rubber vulcanizing accelerators market are:
- LANXESS AG
- Eastman Chemical Company
- Arkema SA
- BASF SE
- Emerald Performance Materials
- King Industries Inc.
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Duslo, a.s.
Global Rubber Vulcanizing Accelerators Market: Research Scope
Global Rubber Vulcanizing Accelerators Market, by Product Type
- Others (Zinc-chelates, etc.)
Global Rubber Vulcanizing Accelerators Market, by Application
- Automotive & Transportation
- Consumer Goods
- Healthcare, others
- Others (Medical and textile)
Global Rubber Vulcanizing Accelerators Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.